Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Never posted a Tambo review yet.

This is a discussion on Never posted a Tambo review yet. within the Pipe Related Reviews forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; So here it is. Over the past year or so I've smoked this stuff a lot . Every time I ...

Never posted a Tambo review yet.

So here it is.

Over the past year or so I've smoked this stuff a lot. Every time I smoke it I seem to notice something new. It's a very dark, natural tasting tobacco. When you're first processing it (it comes in very tightly compacted "sticks") it smells very earthy & quite strong. It's very fun to smoke since it comes completely unprepared. You get to decide whether to fully rub it out or smoke it as a flake, or even as a disc. The only downside I've noticed to this stuff is that it's not real easy to get lit, once it's going though maintaining a bowl is quite easy & it burns all the way down to ash with minimal re-lights. It seems to smoke best when it's on the dry side, otherwise it can be harsh. It's something that needs to be smoked very slowly to be fully enjoyed, if you try to rush things you may get bit & you are almost guaranteed to not enjoy yourself.

It's the strangest thing, but this is the only tobacco that I've noticed an aroma of Black Tea, that's the only way I can describe it & it's WONDERFUL.

This stuff is extremely satisfying & will give you quite a nicotine kick if that's what you're looking for. I would suggest smoking it on a full stomach & while sitting down.

To sum up:
    -smoke it dry -smoke it slowly -smoke it often

If you follow those 3 important guidelines you will be rewarded hansomely with an amazing & unique smoking experience.
    4 out of 4.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

No longer a community member.

Re: Never posted a Tambo review yet.

i am running low on this stuff, any news on the next group buy???

Puffer Fish with some spikes El Gringo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by funbags View Post
    i am running low on this stuff, any news on the next group buy???

You read my mind.

Hadn't thought of it. I can really do one anytime, doesn't have to be super huge, a couple kilos is enough. Maybe ten people?
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

No longer a community member.

I volunteer to be # 1 on the list.

I'm in.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

I'm finding it hard not to pull the trigger on this tobacco, sounds just great. Fortunately from Indonesia to Australia the shipping charges aren't too bad.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk