Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

McClelland Frog Morton

This is a discussion on McClelland Frog Morton within the Pipe Related Reviews forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by DahlKen FM was my first foray into the English blends. I have only been puffing a pipe ...

Re: McClelland Frog Morton

Quote Originally Posted by DahlKen View Post
    FM was my first foray into the English blends. I have only been puffing a pipe for a month so a total and complete newbie. I have tried an Altadis Nightcap blend which I got in the NPS trade. Again, didn't really care for it, but I liked it a bit more than the FM. I am just hoping that it is just so different to me that I am not liking it at this point, and as my palette opens up to the wide array of flavors available I will eventually be able to enjoy these other blends.
    I don't know that they're for everyone. It's sort of odd, I dabbled with a pipe twenty years ago, but only came back to it recently. I tried a few aros and liked them, but then I had a sample of Penzance. I was blown away!

OK, now I must revise my statement. I know this is a great baccy so I couldn't bring myself to just shelve it. So today I pulled about a half bowl of it out and mixed it with half bowl of LNF, let it sit for about 30 mins then loaded 'em up. Well I must say it has come alive for me. A beautiful array of flavors now rolling over my tongue and when retrohaled just fantastic. This will definitely be a blending I revisit often, and glad I just didn't give up on it.

pipe smokin' duck hunter Hendu3270's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff10236 View Post
    So have you smoked it yet? It really is good stuff.

Oh yes! The first bowl I dried for about 15 minutes. I had a difficult time keeping it lit but the bowl was decent. Couple of days later, (I usually don't do this), I put it in the microwave for 10 seconds to dry it a bit more and it made all the difference in the world. Burned very well and was easy to maintain. Definitely an enjoyable flavor to me. I like the "tartness" (I think this is a better description than my usual "tangy-ness" I typically use), and zero tongue burn with this one. I was able to slowly sip it and it really mellowed me out. I'm not too good at describing the flavors I get with a smoke so I won't even try. I'm assuming everyone else does the same thing, but I usually sip on a pipe and retro-hale throughout trying to place individual flavors and such. Most often I can't place individual flavors but there's no mistaken if I consider it a worthy blend or not and this is definitely one in my book.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2