Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

C&D Exhausted Rooster in Peterson System 314 smooth

This is a discussion on C&D Exhausted Rooster in Peterson System 314 smooth within the Pipe Related Reviews forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; C&D Exhausted Rooster in Peterson System 314 smooth Blender: Toney / Tarler Tin Description: C&D's annual blend for the 2008 ...

Blender: Toney / Tarler

Tin Description: C&D's annual blend for the 2008 Chicago Show. A tasty flake of Virginias, Dark Fired Burley and a dash of Perique.

Contents: Burley,Virginia,Perique

Cut: Broken Flake

I bought an eight oz tin a while back and finally broke it up into smaller jars and 1 to smoke. The smell is again that fig raisin fermenting. This is one of my favorite blends with the right amount of sweetness and pepper. I do think that for a more perfect blend the perique could be cut back some. The flake is broken somewhat and is think cut like most C&D flakes. I rub out normally but have cubed it with great success. Using the Peterson system pipe with the blend rubbed out does get hotter than I like so sipping is critical with this blend/pipe. Flavors are slightly sweet, nutty and then the pepper. I think eating apple slices with this would pair well for some reason. I cannot smoke many bowls of this in a day since the perique can reck havoc on the tastebuds. This is a blend that all VAPER smokers should have in their cellar.

4 out of 5
    I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
    Edgar Allan Poe

Re: C&D Exhausted Rooster in Peterson System 314 smooth

Quote Originally Posted by Firedawg View Post

Blender: Toney / Tarler

Tin Description: C&D's annual blend for the 2008 Chicago Show. A tasty flake of Virginias, Dark Fired Burley and a dash of Perique.

Contents: Burley,Virginia,Perique

Cut: Broken Flake

I bought an eight oz tin a while back and finally broke it up into smaller jars and 1 to smoke. The smell is again that fig raisin fermenting. This is one of my favorite blends with the right amount of sweetness and pepper. I do think that for a more perfect blend the perique could be cut back some. The flake is broken somewhat and is think cut like most C&D flakes. I rub out normally but have cubed it with great success. Using the Peterson system pipe with the blend rubbed out does get hotter than I like so sipping is critical with this blend/pipe. Flavors are slightly sweet, nutty and then the pepper. I think eating apple slices with this would pair well for some reason. I cannot smoke many bowls of this in a day since the perique can reck havoc on the tastebuds. This is a blend that all VAPER smokers should have in their cellar.

4 out of 5
    I like to smoke ER after it's aged a bit, C&D blends, and GLP blends are young. and need age. but ER good after 6 months
    troy

Re: C&D Exhausted Rooster in Peterson System 314 smooth

I got a small sample of this in my NPS trade and it is definitely one of my top favorites. I puffed through my sample pretty quick and am now kicking myself for not ordering up the 16oz can sooner than I did.