Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

SG Kendal Cream Flake

This is a discussion on SG Kendal Cream Flake within the Pipe Related Reviews forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I got a nice sample of this stuff in a bomb from DanR a while back. I've had several bowls ...

SG Kendal Cream Flake

I got a nice sample of this stuff in a bomb from DanR a while back. I've had several bowls of it now (including one right now).

The flakes are nice broad, long but thin flakes. The color is a very pleasant dark chocolate dark brown.

When opening the bag, it is very similar in smell to a mild Lakeland from GH. It is no secret that I have recently become a big fan of G&H Lakelands, so it is no surprise that I like this SG tobacco. When smoking it, it also has a flavor similar to a mild Lakeland. None of the soapiness of the G&H tobaccos, but the floral taste is definitely there. It is a much more mild floral flavor and smell than the G&H Lakelands, but sometimes something more subtle is just right.

According to tobaccoreviews.com it is flavored with cocoa/chocolate and cream. I do get the cream flavor out of it, but not so much chocolate. It definitely has the characteristic creaminess of burley with a bit more (the flavoring I suppose) and some characteristic Virginia sweetness. As mentioned before, it also has some Lakeland style floral flavors and smells as well.

It packs a bit of a nicotine hit so be sure to have a drink with it and smoke it on a full stomach.

I am a fan. I have just ordered two tins of this stuff. It is a good tobacco, and I definitely recommend it to anyone interested in a good quality tobacco that is a little different.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Re: SG Kendal Cream Flake

Thanks Jeff for the praise report! That sounds like something I'd like...now on to get my hands on some!

I appreciate reviews like this, sometimes its nice to just read one's thoughts...the flavor profile, etc...so thanks brother!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Puffer Fish with some spikes El Gringo's Avatar

Re: SG Kendal Cream Flake

I did not detect any coco /choc flavors either. I first tried a new tin of this around a week ago; there was some unpleasantness involved. A flavor I couldnt put my tongue on, reminded me of something I had as a child, but cant put a name to it.

Had it jarred up for a week and smoked some last night and that mystery nasty moved further into the background making for a better smoke.