Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

August Tobacco of the Month

This is a discussion on August Tobacco of the Month within the Pipe Related Reviews forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; C&D Bow Legged Bear - This tobacco always burns well and is easy to smoke (it helps that it is ...

August Tobacco of the Month

C&D Bow Legged Bear - This tobacco always burns well and is easy to smoke (it helps that it is the PERFECT moisture right out of the tin). The foremost flavour at this early stage of the smoke is all nutty burley, and powerful perique. This is a very complex tobacco, and truthfully, even though I have been smoking it for a good amount of time, it still gives me a different flavour profile each smoke. Midway-ish through the bowl the nicotine is making itself known, and is carried on wings of dark chocolate, the best way I can think to describe it is a nutty chocolate bar, almondy, and bitter-sweet chocolate. Sadly I find the latakia takes a background role with the VAs. That is until the end of the bowl, where all the tobaccos serenade you in a most choral fashion, with each sip, you are rewarded with a different flavour. *sip* 'mmmm sweet virginia', *sip* 'oh hello perique, you are most spicy today', *sip* 'pine needles?'. All while breathing yourself through the nicotine fed heart palpitations. Quite a smoke, not for the faint of heart, and best when you have nowhere to go and nothing to do!
    HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Re: August Tobacco of the Month

Great review of an obviously great tobacco! My mouth is watering.

(21st August and just this review? I can't get this tobacco in the UK; come on chaps, tantalise me.)
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Where is Mari's review? Did she give up the pipe?
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    Where is Mari's review? Did she give up the pipe?
    Really! Mari!!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney