Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

McCarter Pipes

This is a discussion on McCarter Pipes within the Pipe Retailer Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Mine showed up today. I decided that my first smoke would be luxury twist flake, and it smoked like a ...

Re: McCarter Pipes

Mine showed up today. I decided that my first smoke would be luxury twist flake, and it smoked like a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by owaindav View Post
    Yeah, whoever bought that birdseye I was drooling over is in big trouble! My wallet thanks you but my PAD wants you hurt!

Umm .... that would be me. Just trying to save you some money in this tough economy. See, I was really just looking out for you ..... yeah, that's what it was.

This is great news
    They are about 2 hrs from my house and would love to have a custom done around Christmas....
    An "oath" has no expiration date......

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsley View Post
    Umm .... that would be me. Just trying to save you some money in this tough economy. See, I was really just looking out for you ..... yeah, that's what it was.
    Man that grain was beautiful! I hope you choke......er I mean really enjoy that pipe! LOL
    It was.....well, let's just say it was.

Quote Originally Posted by asmartbull View Post
    They are about 2 hrs from my house and would love to have a custom done around Christmas....
    Heh. I find the "They" pretty funny.

Unless you meant me, and the 15 helper gnomes I keep chained up in the basement (in which case I'd ask just how in the hell you found out about my gnomes). . .

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Beautiful stuff Dave...they look great!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

I asked Dave to make me a pipe based off of some pictures that I sent him. He said he could do it and I gave him every bit of freedom to do what he thought was best.

The result is this fabulous Long Shank Pot.

McCarterPipes.com: Click image to close this window

The birdseye is amazing. The pipe is very light in the hand and thus can be a clencher is I so choose. The pipe is well balanced. I am breaking it in with some 12 yr old Dark Star and after 2 half bowls I am convinced that this pipe will bring me years and years of enjoyment.

Thanks again Dave for all your efforts. I see more McCarter Pipes in my future.
    Pipe Tobacco Lotto winner for July 2014!

Saving this pic as reference for my Christmas pic....
    Just gorgeous.............
    An "oath" has no expiration date......

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman22 View Post
    I asked Dave to make me a pipe based off of some pictures that I sent him. He said he could do it and I gave him every bit of freedom to do what he thought was best.

The result is this fabulous Long Shank Pot.

McCarterPipes.com: Click image to close this window

The birdseye is amazing. The pipe is very light in the hand and thus can be a clencher is I so choose. The pipe is well balanced. I am breaking it in with some 12 yr old Dark Star and after 2 half bowls I am convinced that this pipe will bring me years and years of enjoyment.

Thanks again Dave for all your efforts. I see more McCarter Pipes in my future.
    Awesome looking pipe Scotch!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Max_Power's Avatar

Big bump for this thread because my new McCarter customs arrived.

I asked Dave to make me a hawkbill and I ended up with 2. I think they're beautiful, but I'll let you all judge for yourselves.

And check out the grain

I love this birdseye.

Now I have 3 McCarter customs and I couldn't be happier with them. The 2 hawkbills smoke amazingly well and I was a bit suprised to see how easily they passed a pipe cleaner.

Big thanks to Dave once again for working with me on these customs and overshooting my expectations!
    That which is falling, should also be pushed

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Gosh these things are just amazing.

Huge thanks to Chris for the pics. You did a great job of highlighting the grains and the unusual (although, I've come to appreciate, extremely cool) Hawkbill form. I had a great time working up this Custom pipe.

For the record. . .the darker stained pipe was my "figuring out how the hell to drill and shape a Hawkbill" pipe. I consider it a "second". The lighter one, with the substantial stem & shank (per Chris' request) is the version I'd put forth as a nice representation of the form.

I've learned a lot since starting this thread about people's taste in pipes. Nearly all the straight & flake pipes from my site (McCarter Pipes) sold right away. What's still available are some cool 1/4 and 1/2 bents. But I'll be crafting more straight pipes as responsibilities and my "real" job allow.

I'll try to get a new pipe or two listed each week. So check back often!

Thanks to all my Puff people for the purchases and especially the feedback.

Best,
    Dave

Dave, I am highly impressed with your work brother. They look beautiful and spot on in regards to the details.

I window shop your site often...waiting for the right one to pop up someday!

I just wanted you to know that you are doing what looks to be a fantastic job, and keep it up BOTL!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Max_Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by quo155 View Post
    Dave, I am highly impressed with your work brother. They look beautiful and spot on in regards to the details.

I window shop your site often...waiting for the right one to pop up someday!

I just wanted you to know that you are doing what looks to be a fantastic job, and keep it up BOTL!
    If you know what the right one would be, drop him a line and let him know. I was pretty sure the Hawks wouldn't have shown up unless I asked.
    That which is falling, should also be pushed

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
    If you know what the right one would be, drop him a line and let him know. I was pretty sure the Hawks wouldn't have shown up unless I asked.
    Thanks, as yes...I think you are right as I have been "sketching" my pipe for the last few days...considering sending it to him to see if it's workable...but kept thinking, "oh, I plan to do it myself anyway as I have a wood shop"...but then I remember that I just bought a home and moved and that my shop has yet to be a priority to getting set back up...so, long story short...you may have just pushed me over the edge to email him something next week...hmmmm!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast