Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Pipe Rack.... New Design....

This is a discussion on Pipe Rack.... New Design.... within the Pipe Retailer Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I have had many requests to come up with something for the Pipe Smoking Brothers..... I think I have come ...

Pipe Rack.... New Design....

I have had many requests to come up with something for the Pipe Smoking Brothers.....

I think I have come up with something that will be both functional and look great!...... Plus, it can be modified to hold as many tobacco bins as you desire....

The example that I drafted was designed to accommodate four blends.... Haven't built it yet... but, I have built the tobacco bin... as I roll my own cigs and use it for that....

Removable tobacco storage units, and able to display 6 pipes, 7 if you want to include one to set on top of the shelf over the accessory drawers.

Overall dimensions of the base are shown.... add on 8-1/2" for the tobacco storage unit for an overall 28" x 16" x 15-1/2". Can be modified to suit your needs....

Tobacco Storage Units are 6" x 6" x 8-1/2" and the unit shown is holding 6 ounces of premium tobacco.

Available in Cherry, Walnut, Maple, Honey Locust, Oak or exotics....

This correspondence has killed no trees - However, several electrons have been disturbed. Visit my website.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Machurtado's Avatar

Re: Pipe Rack.... New Design....

I'm digging on that what's the price point going to be?
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."Ben Frankin

Quote Originally Posted by Machurtado View Post
    I'm digging on that what's the price point going to be?
    Thanks. I'm thinking $500 using local hardwoods..... plus s/h.... See how that works out.....
    This correspondence has killed no trees - However, several electrons have been disturbed. Visit my website.

Love the idea and the design concept.

My $.02:
    - Most pipe smokers (especially those looking to spend $500 on a quality, hand-made piece like this) don't leave blends open in wood boxes. Humidified or not. Now, show me a design that allows for a few a 1/2 pint mason jars and I'm hooked!
    - Many of us have more than 6 "show-off" pipes, which your piece could highlight. If there were more room.
    - Speaking of highlighting. . .since you are custom making racks/cabinets, why not add LED backlighting? Not a consideration in the cigar world, but it could be a cool addition to a top-tier pipe cabinet.
    - Counter space, as a pipe smoker, is often at a premium. . .maybe think about a design made to mount on a wall?

Best,
    Dave

A beautiful design, but from the practicality standpoint, I'd have to go with Dave's suggestions. I'd never use the boxes, except to stare at that beautiful grain! Maybe a drop front chamber for storing jars? Remember: we're not as classy as the cigar smokers...
    ********.com

Full grown Puffer Fish Blue Raccoon's Avatar

FWIW, I like it. I don't think it's made to display a huge collection or mason jars. I'm guessing it would be for 'on deck' pipes and tobaccos in a nice man cave, desk, etc..

Thanks for the comments.... at this point, it's just an idea.
    I roll my own cigarettes and the box works great for tobacco storage for me.... was just thinking through some designs....
    Appreciate all the input...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

$500 is way more then I could blow on a pipe rack but damn it does look so pretty.
    I also like the incorporation of a tobacco storage idea but not a fan of the wooden boxes. An idea that comes to mind is make the space where the four boxes are into a small cabinet. A hinged door that could open upwards with room for four jars would be nice.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk