Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jim's got me "freestoked"

This is a discussion on Jim's got me "freestoked" within the Pipe & Tobacco Bombs forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Well, I owe a lot of my recent pipe enjoyment to a very good classical guitarist (despite the bum left ...

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Jim's got me "freestoked"

Well, I owe a lot of my recent pipe enjoyment to a very good classical guitarist (despite the bum left pinky!), perhaps you've heard of him? It's our own freestoke (Jim), who's been so kind as to walk with me in my first steps down this slippery pipe-side slope.

We had an online discussion about tamps (and his beloved Prince Albert pouched vs. tubbed), and I got the feeling he was going to send me one of his wooden tamps (he claims they're best when smoking flake). Of course, it appears he was super cautious about packing up not one but TWO wooden tamps, and to ensure no breakage occurred he graciously "padded" the box.

Just a little. See here:

That's 13 samples, all but the first two of which will be new to me:
    • 1Q
    • Prince Albert (tubbed)
    • Prince Albert Choice
    • Sir Walter Raleigh
    • University Flake
    • Irish Flake
    • Bayou Morning Flake
    • Tilbury
    • Erinmore
    • Happy Bogie
    • 3 Blind Moose
    • Nightcap
    • Northwoods

What can I say, but thank you, thank you, thank you, Jim.

Oh, I guess one more thing to add. So sorry, but this morning one of these was aimed at you:

http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar-...gust-poem.html

How inconsiderate of me!

1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Re: Jim's got me "freestoked"

Nice hit, enjoy that great stash Terry!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

No longer a community member.

damn, he hit you with the prince Albert choice.

Jim's wooden dowels make great tamps, I use them all the time.

They even smell like Jim...

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Like indian food in a fake leg mixed with burnt hair in a diaper...

I kid

I'm just trying to unload the rest of this 1Q. I camouflage it so they don't know it's there until it's too late.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    ...very good classical guitarist (despite the bum left pinky!)...
    I'm getting nervous. With a lie this large, he has to be up to something sinister. I KNEW I he'd be bitter finding no Reiner LGF. (Honest, Terry, I thought it was in there. )

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    I'm just trying to unload the rest of this 1Q. I camouflage it so they don't know it's there until it's too late.
    Glad to help you out, there, Jim.

I'm wondering if the 1Q might be a little better with some Five Brothers sprinkled in. Generously.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Glad to help you out, there, Jim.

I'm wondering if the 1Q might be a little better with some Five Brothers sprinkled in. Generously.
    Actually, that's almost exactly what do with it. It does make a nice condiment to mix with Happy Bogie, Irish Flake, 1792 -- things like that. Just a little pinch with something potent and basic can be a nice smoke. I throw a tablespoon into the pouch every now and then, along with other OTCs, mainly PA, SWR and CH to perk up the room note a bit. I smoke that "in public", what little public smoking still remains, so I don't gross everybody out. I figure Latakia could get you busted these days.

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Actually, that's almost exactly what do with it. It does make a nice condiment to mix with Happy Bogie, Irish Flake, 1792 -- things like that. Just a little pinch with something potent and basic can be a nice smoke. I throw a tablespoon into the pouch every now and then, along with other OTCs, mainly PA, SWR and CH to perk up the room note a bit. I smoke that "in public", what little public smoking still remains, so I don't gross everybody out. I figure Latakia could get you busted these days.
    The first time the wind was right and I was smoking something on the back deck with a high percentage of Latakia, the neighbors asked me the next day if I was now into opium.

Hee hee (those were the days...).

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Xodar's Avatar

The first time the wind was right and I was smoking something on the back deck with a high percentage of Latakia, the neighbors asked me the next day if I was now into opium.

Hee hee (those were the days...).
    This is the Pacific NW... I've had folks smoking a joint on the smoking deck at an NBA game ask me to move downwind while smoking a bowl of penzance.

I was so stunned I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Xodar View Post
    This is the Pacific NW... I've had folks smoking a joint on the smoking deck at an NBA game ask me to move downwind while smoking a bowl of penzance.

I was so stunned I did.
    I'd have moved downwind anyhow. "Fresh air" is where you find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xodar View Post

I was so stunned I did.
    Yes, I went to that last game with Dallas (Game 6), and found the halftime smoking deck LOADED with pot smokers. Well over a hundred, by my rough guess. As the lone cigar smoker out there, I was just about smoked out (did manage to stand downwind of some fairly potent stuff!). Amazing how that's accepted, while cigar smoking is frowned upon. Weird place, Portland, good and bad.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

Dude! Tom Petty is playing The Gorge again!? Count me in!

PS: Thank you to the very kind and sharing ladies in the row behind me...
    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

Quote Originally Posted by David_ESM View Post
    Dude! Tom Petty is playing The Gorge again!? Count me in!

PS: Thank you to the very kind and sharing ladies in the row behind me...
    Maybe they'll be there again.

<nice sig!>

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post

Jim's wooden dowels make great tamps, I use them all the time.

I always soak them in my cologne before sending them out, a delightful fragrance decocted from Syrian Latakia, St. James perique and used pipe cleaners.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast