Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Need help!!

This is a discussion on Need help!! within the Pipe & Tobacco Bombs forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Alright brothers. I'd like to set up a little bombing run for a new piper on the forum. I've received ...

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Need help!!

Alright brothers. I'd like to set up a little bombing run for a new piper on the forum. I've received a few beaters from Bruce (Fuzzy) and I've got one ready to send out, along with a few samples. What I need is 2-3 other people to help me with samples on this. I don't have a diverse enough cellar to send this kid the tobaccos a newbie needs to go through.

Things I need:

Englishes (I'll send a baggie of nightcap but I wouldn't mind getting someone to send a medium Lat. blend and a mild one too.)

Virginias (I have no straight VAs left. It doesn't need to be like FVF but maybe someone with 5-7 flakes of golden sliced?)

VaPers (I'll be sending LBF but I'd like it if someone sent some escudo or another strictly Va & Per blend.)

OTCs (I'm probably sending an unopened CH or PA, whichever I can find. I need someone to send captain black white label, specifically. Otherwise, any other burley blend would be helpful too)

Aromatics (I'm sending a couple of CAO's aromatics for the heavy side. I'm also including a bit of Uni and erinmore to give him an idea of the lighter aroma-tized blends. If someone has a bit of Boswell's, that would be great!)

This doesn't need to be a 20 man zilla llama club destructo-bomb of 20 lbs of assorted esoterica rareties. He's brand new, I just need 2-3 guys to help me send him a field sampler of what the pipe smoking world has to offer.

Re: Need help!!

Kyle, do not forget the before/after pictures and thanks for the effort to get those pipes back into use! They were going to be firewood if my better half had anything to do with them

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

I'm game...and have some to send. PM me and let me know exactly what I can do to help...how many "samples"...when, etc...
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

I can provide the Orlik Golden Sliced, plus a good sample of Eileen's Dream. Maybe a taste of some Kendal Kentucky if this gentlemen is/was a cigar smoker. I can pull the trigger at the drop of a hat, so let me know.

I second the request for before and afters - that's where the real fun is.

Here's a before and after of the pipe for everyone that asked.

And thanks Terry! After I get his addy, I'll PM it to you guys. Send what you'd like! I'm sending a bit of everything, I'd just like him to have more than one example of a few different tobacco genres.

Is this thread just gonna fizzle out like this? No news of splashdown yet?

I do believe he's received your little care package. I briefed him on splash down etiquitte, I'll link anything I find into this thread.

Okay, looks like the cousin is off and running. Who's next? How long till you have another pipe ready to go out?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Okay, looks like the cousin is off and running. Who's next? How long till you have another pipe ready to go out?

Actually! I kinda last-minute sent a pipe along with a package to another brother.

Was it with the KL I sent to Andrew? Or the cigars I sent to Kevin? We will have to see!!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

I don't know if you can stretch to $45, but Marty Pulver has a nice 307 System on his site for $45 at the moment.

Sorry Kyle, I meant to post this in your WTB thread. Duh!
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck