Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Somebody call FEMA

This is a discussion on Somebody call FEMA within the Pipe & Tobacco Bombs forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; So, I was driving home from work today and realized there was very little traffic. Indeed, it even got lighter ...

Young Puffer Fish notedhillbilly's Avatar

Somebody call FEMA

Somebody call FEMA-atomic-bomb.jpg

So, I was driving home from work today and realized there was very little traffic. Indeed, it even got lighter as I got closer to my house. However, I was thoroughly perplexed when I turned on to my street to find that I no longer had one. Instead of my house there was a crater where my house had been, and a package from DanR.

Upon opening the package, I soon forgot that I had a house.

Somebody call FEMA-img_0601.jpg

I had a conversation with DanR about trying some aromatics, and asked only for a small sampling. Instead, he blew my house up... so not fair . In the package I received:

an H. I. S. bent Bulldog made in Italy

Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake
    G.L. Pease Westminster
    Middleton Walnut
    Hearth & Home Trout Stream
    Boswell Berry Cobbler
    Boswell Bear Blend
    Stonehaven (!)
    Dan Tobacco Milonga (is this an original?)
    Rattray's Hal O' The Wynd
    Ashton Gold Rush
    C & D Halav U'Dvash (milk and Honey)
    Presbyterian

I cannot say thank you enough. The pipe was a huge surprise, and a gift that I will cherish. I can't wait to break it in. Dan you have been too kind, and I hope that one day I will be able to pay it forward to another noob .

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Re: Somebody call FEMA

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Good grief - you are going to need to take out a loan to repair the damages. Great Hit DanR!!!!!
    Pipe Tobacco Lotto winner for July 2014!

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

I have two Gardesana pipes (H.I.S. is a gardesana sub brand). They are AWESOME quality pipes. Never had trouble with either. Great hit Dan!

Scotch & Cigars

very nice, enjoy all that baccy!

Quote Originally Posted by karatekyle View Post
    I have two Gardesana pipes (H.I.S. is a gardesana sub brand). They are AWESOME quality pipes. Never had trouble with either. Great hit Dan!
    Well, I just had some berry cobbler in the H.I.S. and I must say that it seems to smoke better than my yello-bole. I also like the bent style. I have only smoked straights before and my yello is a Canadian, which I do like. However, I like the beefier sides of a bulldog, and as I said it smoked great. The berry cobbler is one intriguing smoke. my saliva tasted like the middle of a blueberry pie, and even after sweet tea and coffee I'm tasting that wonderful flavor.

I really don't know what to say about such a gift. It is wonderful.

[every time I see this I think of Monty Python's "Now for something completely different"]

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Xodar's Avatar

Great hit Dan, and up until Kenny mentioned it I had not appreciated the irony of Dan smoking Dan tobacco (Dan tobacco is a blender that makes Milonga along with many others like patriot flake and blue note)
    Sometimes odd things amuse me, lol.

I should switch my user name to "Dan Tobacco" and really freak everybody out...

Kenny - I am so glad you like the package. I had that extra pipe lying around and I wasn't using it. I figured everybody could use another pipe in their rotation...

I hope you like the various "flavors" I sent along. If you have any questions about any of them, just let us all know here on the board.

Cheers!

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Great hit, Dan. I'm glad someone welcomed Kenny in this way.

JJ/User Name (RIP) was the first to hit me, also with a pipe (a Savinelli that is still about my best smoker). I can say from experience it is a fine introduction to the pipe side of puff.

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Great hit, Dan. I'm glad someone welcomed Kenny in this way.

JJ/User Name (RIP) was the first to hit me, also with a pipe (a Savinelli that is still about my best smoker). I can say from experience it is a fine introduction to the pipe side of puff.

JJ was my EPS when I first showed interest in a pipe, and he was very generous to me. He pushed me off the slope fast (as you can tell). I know you and I aren't the only onesq either. He is a good man!

amnesiac with deja vu Nurse_Maduro's Avatar

Beautiful hit, Dan. Congrats, Kenny! Let us know what you think of them, please; I've been eyeing that Middleton Walnut.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurse_Maduro View Post
    Beautiful hit, Dan. Congrats, Kenny! Let us know what you think of them, please; I've been eyeing that Middleton Walnut.
    I just tried the Walnut, and I found it to be a fantastic blend of tobaccos. It has a sweet tobacco taste that reminds me of the smell I got on my grandparents tobacco farm when they hung it up to dry. I certainly enjoyed it. As to adding a pipe to the rotation. Dan I didn't have a rotation until you sent that pipe, and I have found it so convenient to have two pipes that I can preload with different tobaccos. So thanks! I will say that I am thankful for this community and the way it works. It has been fun learning from you guys.

P.S. Tried the Luxury flake and found that it was also very delightful.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Very nice gift bomb brothers! Enjoy Kenny!!!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook