Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Happy early birthday for me!!

This is a discussion on Happy early birthday for me!! within the Pipe & Tobacco Bombs forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; So Dan offered to send me a bit of Louisiana Red, a blend I've been eager to try. With my ...

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Happy early birthday for me!!

So Dan offered to send me a bit of Louisiana Red, a blend I've been eager to try. With my birthday only just creeping into view, I didn't expect anything more than a small baggie of L-Red. But as soon as I saw this, I knew I was in for it...

Not only did I get the Louisiana Red, I also received...

A healthy portion of what seems to be "Texas Sweet Tea," and if this smokes NEARLY as good as it smells, its as good as gone!

A nice hunk of Hearth and Home Marble Kake, something thats been on my list next to Hamborger Veermaster (or BringAnother BeerFaster as I know call it). Other than orlik and some dunhill, my pure virginia collection is meager at most. Every tobacco on my birthday list is either a HTF or a virginia.

Speaking of HTF virginias... FVF! Of course he sends FVF. And a generous portion at that! I'm just in heaven. Can't wait to try some of this! It has such fame, it'll be a treat to finally partake in such a fine tobacco.

And just as I think this clusterbomb is complete, a p-lipped peterson kildare. It looks to be a 268. This is officially the first bent pipe I own. And was it just the other day that I was voting for the 1/8 bent zulu on the Puff '12 shape poll? Of course it was. He read my mind!! I can't WAIT to get this home and polish 'er up. Its light, elegant, and p-lipped; an everyday pipe to replace the featherweight billiard I've chewed through? I think so!!!

Here's a quick shot of the whole thing, I'll get some more detailed ones up in a bit. Thanks a ton, Dan. I'm so grateful for the bomb and so excited to get started on it all!!!

Re: Happy early birthday for me!!

Well, I'm certainly glad you like it...

And if you think FVF is hard to find, just try to find some more of that Texas tea! They only sell it in one location, and you can't find it online anywhere!

I also knew you liked the p-lips, and I figured you could search the forum and find some advice for fixing it up.

Happy Birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Well, I'm certainly glad you like it...

And if you think FVF is hard to find, just try to find some more of that Texas tea! They only sell it in one location, and you can't find it online anywhere!

I also knew you liked the p-lips, and I figured you could search the forum and find some advice for fixing it up.

Happy Birthday!
    I LOVE it. Thanks again, Dan!

And yeah, I better look around. Too bad we don't have a thread for information on restorations...

Leading Puffer Fish

Nice hit! I guess the Zulu shape is gaining popularity... I just bought 2 on ebay last week.
    Join us for the Puff Monthly Tobacco Review: May's blend is Dunhill's Nightcap. Post reviews and join the discussion here.

Young Puffer Fish notedhillbilly's Avatar

Dan you are crazy! Nice hit! what kind of tobacco is the Texas tea supposed to be? Is there anything on the market that resembles it in any way?

It's an aromatic that I bought at my local tobacconist. Usually what they do is buy bulk blends from lane or altadis and "blend" up a concoction - or maybe just jar it up and rename it. It smelled good, so I bought some, but I have no idea what it really is...

Whoa! Nice pipe!! Superior hit, Dan!

And Happy Birthday! (If a little late.)
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Whoa! Nice pipe!! Superior hit, Dan!

And Happy Birthday! (If a little late.)
    Haha actually a bit early! 11/19

Quote Originally Posted by karatekyle View Post
    Haha actually a bit early! 11/19
    Happy Unbirthdays are even better!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

The Armchair Detective Mycroft Holmes's Avatar

Well played Dan!! That was quite a bomb.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader NoShhhSherlock's Avatar

Nice Dan! And happy early birthday Kyle, you have plenty to celebrate with