Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Oh sweet Jesus! Do you know what you have done!?

This is a discussion on Oh sweet Jesus! Do you know what you have done!? within the Pipe & Tobacco Bombs forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Very nice. Between work and grad school I've been quite busy this year and haven't had much time on the ...

Re: Oh sweet Jesus! Do you know what you have done!?

Very nice. Between work and grad school I've been quite busy this year and haven't had much time on the forum let alone my usual newbie (to pipes) bombings of our cigar BOTL, I'm glad people are picking up my slack. Nice bombing, even before I got to Wineador's post I figured the lack of a pipe would soon be remedied. If you want to buy one yourself too, a cob is cheap so you aren't out much if you don't like it, and any serious pipe smoker needs one too (cheap beater, great for trying new tobaccos, and just a fun little, or not so little, pipe). Some good quality starter pipes would be any mid-line Peterson (I love Peterson, but definitely prefer their $100-150 pipes to the cheaper or more expensive ones), and any Savinelli. Ben Wade and Hardcastle make some nice, pretty affordable, pipes as well.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

Thanks for the brand names. I figured I was going to need more than one pipe so I did go ahead and order a MM cob, but I imagine it is only a matter of time before I fall far enough down the slope and start looking at the names you listed there.
    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

Quote Originally Posted by David_ESM View Post
    Thanks for the brand names. I figured I was going to need more than one pipe so I did go ahead and order a MM cob, but I imagine it is only a matter of time before I fall far enough down the slope and start looking at the names you listed there.
    OK then, more great brands:

Savinelli as mentioned. I don't think they make a bad pipe, but the best of them are in the $50-100 range. Available on Ebay only you have the Mario Grandi pipes, good prices, nice mid-line handmade briars. Another good Italian, though a bit more money is the Mastro de Paja.

For a few more bucks, if you are able to hit the $150-250 range you have a lot of great Italians to consider. Radice, Ser Jacopo, Castello, Caminetto, Ascori, etc. are terrific. I absolutely love my Radice and Ser Jacopo and have my eye out for more.

I forgot to mention some good Danes. Nording, just like Savinelli, makes pipes that are much better quality than their reasonable prices would suggest. Stanwell is terrific, one of those just about every serious pipe smoker has at least one. Even though the pipe maker is long gone (died quite a few years back), if you can find a Karl Erik at a good price they are terrific freehands.

There are a ton of good pipes in every price range, there are tons of cool shapes and sizes, many great pipe makers- it is a great hobby to get into because there is no way you will every have all you "need"!

Full grown Puffer Fish Beer Alchemist's Avatar

Haha that's funny. I have a dirty little secret. About 6 mason jars full of some nice pipe tobacco, trust me you'll love it. I find cigars to be more potent in nicotine and generally not as smooth as my pipe tobaccos so it's perfect for when you want a smooth smoke and keeping the buzz on the downlow. Not to mention you can light it up, puff for a few, and then stick it back in your pocket without worrying about the rest of the bowl going south. Yup, be careful David and enjoy that nice hit.
    Sneaky Squid

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff10236 View Post

...There are a ton of good pipes in every price range, there are tons of cool shapes and sizes, many great pipe makers- it is a great hobby to get into because there is no way you will every have all you "need"!
    Argh, way too late to edit, and I just notice a typo in there. Then again, it is more a Freudian slip than a typo.

"...there is no way you will every have all you need" should be "ever have", not "every have". Then again, I guess I was thinking you'll need nearly "every" pipe out there and wrote that instead of ever.

Big Country Flavor Marlboro Cigars's Avatar

Time to fall down another slope.

Maturing Puffer Fish

looks like a great batch of goodness.
    Post Whoring to Unlock Sub Forums!!!!!

Certified Clubbin'-Seal HugSeal's Avatar

A well deserved batch of goodness. What did you think of the tobacco? Seems like you have gone quite a bit down the slope to. Atleast that's the impression I've gotten from the forum and chat.
    Bjorn to smoke
    (Credits go to Josh[AStateJB])

Awesome story. it's great to see others helping others!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2