Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oh sweet Jesus! Do you know what you have done!?

This is a discussion on Oh sweet Jesus! Do you know what you have done!? within the Pipe & Tobacco Bombs forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Alright... Before we get to the title, let us start at the beginning. I haven't been here on puff too ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

Oh sweet Jesus! Do you know what you have done!?

Alright... Before we get to the title, let us start at the beginning.

I haven't been here on puff too terribly long now, but I have tried to really be extremely active and give back to those I am learning from. Having said that, my experience has exclusively been on the Cigar side.

Now this is not because I have something against pipes. I have always been interested in pipes and often thought about starting... But I have a nasty addiction issue when it comes to new hobbies...

I started DE shaving to save some money on blades and ended up buying countless brushes, razors and creams and soaps.

I had a 34 bottle Vinotemp to turn into my cigar humidor in less than a month of being on Puff.

You see what I mean? I jump in with both feet... Which brings me to today.

Walking up the front step I noticed there were no boxes today, which is great. Means I didn't get blown up with cigars. So I sit down and start opening all my mail. I notice a little padded envelope, and as I casually glanced at the front I saw "David" so I ripped it open... And immediately froze.

That smell... I don't have to smoke pipes to know what that smell was... I flipped the package back over, and that is when I noticed the _ESM after David. I was hit.

The letter within:

First off, skipping to the bottom of the letter, a brother in Spokane!? I'm not alone! This has potential written all over it. Anyways, I digress. Is it a bad thing that I actually knew what the Diogenes Club is?

So the samples included:

They smell amazing... That is all I can say because I don't know shit about anything... Sorry

So back to the title... What have you done man!?

Now I have to go and buy mason jars for storage, now I have to stay on this side of the forum and start learning. I have to buy a pipe (okay lets be honest, one to start, there will be multiples).

This is a whole new slippery slope I have been thrown onto without a life line.

When my wife comes after me, I am blaming you and giving her your address...

But seriously. Thank you for the package. I do appreciate it and I definitely look forward to smoking my first pipe using one of the included.
    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

Leading Puffer Fish

Re: Oh sweet Jesus! Do you know what you have done!?

Nice hit! I'm sure you will enjoy those tobaccos.
    Join us for the Puff Monthly Tobacco Review: May's blend is Dunhill's Nightcap. Post reviews and join the discussion here.

Scotch & Cigars

fun times my brother fun times!

Ha, ha, well done Mr. Mycroft Homes (aka Sather)!!

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

HAHAHA!

You are so screwed.
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

Leading Puffer Fish

I know it's off topic, but what's with everyone having the same/similar avatar?
    Join us for the Puff Monthly Tobacco Review: May's blend is Dunhill's Nightcap. Post reviews and join the discussion here.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

It comes from the cigar side. Myself and two other members joined together for shipping out cigar bombs a few months back. We decided to expand. Last friday (10/14) we increased our numbers to 30 people and all sent out a bomb on the exact same day. The avatar change was part of the plan.

Thread where we sent the bombs: http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar-...me-coming.html

Recipient unveiling packages received (still in progress): http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar-...ng-thread.html
    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by David_ESM View Post
    It comes from the cigar side. Myself and two other members joined together for shipping out cigar bombs a few months back. We decided to expand. Last friday (10/14) we increased our numbers to 30 people and all sent out a bomb on the exact same day. The avatar change was part of the plan.

Thread where we sent the bombs: http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar-...me-coming.html

Recipient unveiling packages received (still in progress): http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar-...ng-thread.html
    Ahh, Nice... Carpet Bombing...

Puffer Fish with many spikes Wineador's Avatar

Really??? All that baccy and you don't have a pipe...yet? Well then my friend (and darn near neighbor) don't go rushing out (course you probably already have) but I'm pretty sure I've got a pipe here that knows how to get up the road to Spokane!

The Armchair Detective Mycroft Holmes's Avatar

David,

Glad you received the package, and I hope you will enjoy those tobaccos. I'm thrilled to see that there is another BOTL in Spokane!!! Who knows, maybe I'll run into you one day at that pipe/cigar lounge out at Northern Quest. Till then, get a pie and start trying those tobaccos out. Let me know which ones you like.
    Have a great evening.
    "It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes." - Sherlock Holmes

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

And I had NOTHING to do with this! At least, please tell your wife that...

Take your time, let the tobacco dry, gravity fill, smoke slowly. Savor all.

Deviant Gentleman The Mad Professor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aninjaforallseasons View Post
    HAHAHA!

You are so screwed.
    Well said!

And well done Mr. Holmes!

That looks awesome, David. Enjoy!
    I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.
    ―Joe Walsh

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Hannibal's Avatar

Some day I'll have to venture over here myself. My pipes are still resting in their display cabinet where they have been for probably 5 years now....

Congrats David! But like has been said take your time with the pipe. You think trying to get the real taste of cigars is tough... Huh, just wait, this is a hole new world your about to embark in... The best of luck to you and many happy journey's!!
    My Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/hannibal
    Proud to have served 1988-2000 U.S. Army!!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Awesome bomb & to a good brother!!!

Welcome to the pipes...
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast