Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Christmas Eve bomb from DanR!

This is a discussion on Christmas Eve bomb from DanR! within the Pipe & Tobacco Bombs forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I know this is a day late, but I wasn't able to take a photo until now... So, Dan and ...

Christmas Eve bomb from DanR!

I know this is a day late, but I wasn't able to take a photo until now...

So, Dan and I had a little transaction for a bag of pipe weed I was eager to try. He, in his devilish way, decided to use the opportunity to hit me hard!

Included are very generous samples of Gordon Pym, H&H Epiphany, SG Balkan Flake, Red Rapparee, G&H Bright CR Flake and SG Navy Flake. Awesome!

But, that wasn't all... Dan also sent two smaller containers of Morocco (is it F&T?) and Tom Buck. I found this to be highly unusual because I just started researching nasal snuff and literally two days ago I was checking into the possibilities of making an order for some of it to bring into the tobacco shop I work at. There's no way Dan knew any of this first-hand because I haven't posted a peep about it on Puff, so I'm going to jump to a conclusion here - Dan has ESP. It's the only reasonable answer to this question: "HOW DID HE KNOW???"

Dan, I can't thank you enough for the extras! You're too, too generous! I hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday season!
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Re: Christmas Eve bomb from DanR!

Very Nice!

Very Nice Andrew, didn't know you were a piper????
    The Krazy Kanuck

Quote Originally Posted by WyldKnyght View Post
    Very Nice Andrew, didn't know you were a piper????
    Not professionally...

I picked up a pipe while in Cuba, it's made of all the different woods on the island, but I think's it's going to be a nice ornament on my mantle for awhile before I try that slope.... LOL
    The Krazy Kanuck

I picked up a pipe while in Cuba, it's made of all the different woods on the island, but I think's it's going to be a nice ornament on my mantle for awhile before I try that slope.... LOL
    It's a great slope to slide down!

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    It's a great slope to slide down!
    I'm not listening to you... The last time I did, I ended up blowing my whole 1 year budget for cigars in a 2 week span on the "forbidden island"

PS I would even know where to start I have the pipe... that's it LOL
    The Krazy Kanuck

I'm certainly glad you're excited about the package. You'll have to let me know how you like the snuff. And no ESP, I just figured since you work in a tobacco shop that you'd appreciate all forms of tobacco. The Morocco is F&T and it is my absolute favorite at the moment. The Tom Buck is Wilson's of Sharrow (WOS) and is considered a good example of an "SP" snuff, which features bergamot in the scent.

I'm not listening to you... The last time I did, I ended up blowing my whole 1 year budget for cigars in a 2 week span on the "forbidden island"

So you're saying I'm a good influence?

I was given one piece of advice to start with: moving from cigars, I would probably enjoy English/Balkan blends that featured a lot of latakia. They hit the spot right from the first bowl I smoked, and I still can't get enough of that smokey goodness! Though, I'm now learning how to really enjoy Virginias... Good, good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    I'm certainly glad you're excited about the package. You'll have to let me know how you like the snuff. And no ESP, I just figured since you work in a tobacco shop that you'd appreciate all forms of tobacco. The Morocco is F&T and it is my absolute favorite at the moment. The Tom Buck is Wilson's of Sharrow (WOS) and is considered a good example of an "SP" snuff, which features bergamot in the scent.

It was MUCH appreciated, Dan! I haven't figured out which tobacco I'm taking to the store tomorrow, but I'll enjoy a bowl or two of something that you sent - in your honor of course! And the snuff smells incredible, though I haven't used any yet!

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    So you're saying I'm a good influence?

I was given one piece of advice to start with: moving from cigars, I would probably enjoy English/Balkan blends that featured a lot of latakia. They hit the spot right from the first bowl I smoked, and I still can't get enough of that smokey goodness! Though, I'm now learning how to really enjoy Virginias... Good, good stuff!

I'm not sure it was good advice, more like BAD advice, but they do say the best things in the world for you are BAD!!!!!!!

I'll keep your advice in hand in case I ever choose to look down that side, for now I'll stay firmly sliding straight down the Cigar Slope LOL
    The Krazy Kanuck

If you are thinking about the Navy Flake or the Balkan Flake, let them air out overnight. They are both still very moist - probably too moist to smoke right out of the baggies.

The Bright CR is a terrific straight Virginia that Xodar recently sent to me, and it is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Nice Bomb... That Gordon Pym is great with some age on it, was my first foray into Latakia at the time. And the tin must have been lost in the B&M for a while.

And I need a picture of the Cuban pipe, it sounds pretty neat.
    Post Whoring to Unlock Sub Forums!!!!!

Certified Clubbin'-Seal HugSeal's Avatar

You have a pipe., That's all you need pretty much. Some matches, tobacco and a pipe-tool and you are ready to begin. Won't run you more than $15 tops.

I just ordered 2 of these: Stainless Steel Pipe Cleaner - Free Shipping - DealExtreme to try. Will post a review somewhere on the forum when I get them. Just think it looks a little nicer than the traditional czhech one.
    Bjorn to smoke
    (Credits go to Josh[AStateJB])

Quote Originally Posted by HugSeal View Post
    You have a pipe., That's all you need pretty much. Some matches, tobacco and a pipe-tool and you are ready to begin. Won't run you more than $15 tops.

I just ordered 2 of these: Stainless Steel Pipe Cleaner - Free Shipping - DealExtreme to try. Will post a review somewhere on the forum when I get them. Just think it looks a little nicer than the traditional czhech one.
    Very nice, I'll stick to stogies for now, if I started the pipe, my wife would stick it where the sun don't shine....
    The Krazy Kanuck

Twerking ain't for Smurfs Packerjh's Avatar

That's a nce hit right there!!
    Just one little Smurf against the world....I feel sorry for you World! BOOM, suckas!