Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

The Attack of the Snuff People

This is a discussion on The Attack of the Snuff People within the Pipe & Tobacco Bombs forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; DanR sent me a xmas present! The people on the What's in Your Nose? thread have been taking snuff seriously ...

The Attack of the Snuff People

DanR sent me a xmas present! The people on the What's in Your Nose? thread have been taking snuff seriously lately and decided to let me try my sinuses at it.

The little containers are GH&Co. English Rose, WOS Apple & Tom Buck, FT Morocco, O&G, and Schmaltz. The miniature can is Toque Toast and Marmalade. This is just so neat. As I'm writing this, I just took my first hit of snuff, ever! The English Rose. Holy Dust!

You'll notice four bags of smokable items as well. (The Christmas Blend 2011 was so outstanding I presumed upon Dan's good nature and had him order me some!) I've never had the Louisiana Red either and I was out of SG Navy Flake and Red Rapparee! Perfect!!

Thanks a ton, Dan. You are one great BOTL!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Re: The Attack of the Snuff People

I ran out of room on the little sample case, but the "Schmalz" is actually Bernard Alt Schmaltzler, which is a popular german snuff. It's a little coarser and has more moisture than the others.

Again, I am glad you like it all (even the snuff).

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Wow! That's pretty cool!

As a "dipper"...one that dips Copenhagen and has a family history of Cowboy Snuffers...I must get "nosy" and see what all this fuss is about!

Congrats on the bomb!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

That Bernard Alt is a nice one!
    The cake is a lie!

Maturing Puffer Fish

Very cool bomb...
    Post Whoring to Unlock Sub Forums!!!!!

Well, he hit me back. We've been working on a side deal that's turning out to be incredibly one-sided in my favor. Jim decided to hit me with some very nice samples of stuff that I've been wanting to try for a long while.

A full pouch of Five Brothers burley
    Two homemade pipe tampers (I only wish he'd signed his work!)
    Louisiana Flake
    Scotch Flake Aromatic
    Bayou Morning Flake
    Highland Mixture
    Three Blind Moose (smells terrific)
    Lord Metheley's Blend
    And not shown in the picture is a sample of HH Mature Virginia

Thanks Jim! You are a great friend.

May it serve you well, Dan! I never sign the tampers, since the workmanship speaks for itself. "Yes, it has to be a Freestoke tamper, probably from 2011 or 2012, at the height of his artistry. The hacksaw cut speaks for itself." And I'd keep that Lord Methley's isolated from the other tobacco. It rivals Ennerdale in ghost potential!

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    May it serve you well, Dan! I never sign the tampers, since the workmanship speaks for itself. "Yes, it has to be a Freestoke tamper, probably from 2011 or 2012, at the height of his artistry. The hacksaw cut speaks for itself." And I'd keep that Lord Methley's isolated from the other tobacco. It rivals Ennerdale in ghost potential!
    I quarantined the LM to it's own mason jar. I suspected, when I recieved the baggie wrapped in tin foil, that I was dealing with something with a ghost effect.

Decided to forego the LM this morning for the Five Brothers. I've been anxious to try that since your review was posted. It's too dry, so I'll need to hydrate it a little before the next smoke, but the sample I had this mornuing was still pretty tasty.

The Five Brothers DEFINITELY needs hydrating and smokes a lot better afterward. I generally wrap the ghosts in foil when I send stuff out. All your tobacco would have tasted like Cherry Blend otherwise.