Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Pipe bomb a newbie - get a new pipe!

This is a discussion on Pipe bomb a newbie - get a new pipe! within the Pipe & Tobacco Bombs forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by Hannibal Should be some bombs landing today!!! I can't wait to see the carnage. Mine is "out ...

Re: Pipe bomb a newbie - get a new pipe!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Should be some bombs landing today!!! I can't wait to see the carnage.
    Mine is "out for delivery"...

Maturing Puffer Fish Briars&Havanas's Avatar

Congrats to the winner! My bomb should be hitting today or tomorrow at the latest.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes bigslowrock's Avatar

can't wait to see the damage and destruction!!!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Macke's Avatar

Alright I want to know which one of you knuckleheads put my name on the target list! You owe me a PO Box!

I swung by the post office today and saw a package from a name I didn't recognize, so naturally I opened it up and BOOM! Then out of nowhere a burning piece of paper flies past my head, Briars&Havanas? Sounds familiar but I couldn't remember who it was! Then I come home to see a PM from Chris himself letting me know I should check my PO Box and everything clicked...

The evidence:

Since it's hard to read..
    Bosswell's Premium Burley
    Bosswell's Best
    Christmas Cookie
    Berry Cobbler
    Northwoods
    I've been wanting a bent stem pipe, so awesome awesome awesome! Feels great in my hand too

Please feel free to ignore the fact that the second picture has the card completely intact.. Fabricated evidence...

Thank you VERY much Chris, I snuck a bowl of berry cobbler in on the way to dinner tonight and it was awesome, can't wait to try the others!

PS - No important sections of business cards were harmed in the making of this post.
    Good friends are like good cigars, the longer you have them, the better they get

HaHaHaaaaaahaaaa! Bloody brilliant. Nice work Chris.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Nicely done! Now waiting for the next boom! As Colonel Cathcart always said, it's all about the tight bomb pattern. Makes it all look good in the aerial photos.

Hey bro, glad you liked it! I actually just got some Boswell's berry cobbler in the mail yesterday too. Very nice blend. Let me know how you like that burley, I haven't tried any of that yet.

At, second glance that cob does look pretty nice. I may have to order one of those for myself too. LOL

Have several Briar pipes and I still frequent my cob. They are great smokers.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes bigslowrock's Avatar

love that note!

Nice Macke!
    You live once. Live happy.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Mine is "out for delivery"...
    And it has LANDED!! So last night was very hectic. Spent 40 min on phone w/cable co as soon as I walked in door. Then went to Home Depot to take advantage of last day of 12 mos 0% interest (bathroom redo). Got home about 9pm, ate dinner then wife gave me my mail = usual stack of bills but one long box on the bottom??? I got the distinct but unique smell of tobacco, but not cigars??? So I open it and I am TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY!! A beautiful Savoy pipe handmade in Italy; lots of tobacco; a tin; a jar; a pipe tool; a cool pouch for the pipe; pipe cleaners

My home desktop is pretty much fried so I managed to get on the wifes netbook to do a little research on "Pipe Smoking 101" because I literally know nothing about pipes. So here is the pron - total package first:

Close ups:

Once again I am truly humbled by the Puff Community. A super big thanks to DanR, Jeff (Hannibal) my good buddy and a co-conspirator in this and to Hekthor (HWiebe) for putting this all together!

Now for some questions:
    1. I figure the spoon part of the tool is to lightly scrape out remnants from the bowl after smoking and the little flat end thing is the tamper to tamp down the tobacco when loading the bowl but I don't know what the straight rod is for?
    2. I want to smoke a bowl at lunch today so how long would an average bowl take to smoke (20, 30, 40 minutes?)
    3. Which tobacco would you all recommend I start with for my first ever pipe smoke?

I'll have plenty more questions as I embark on this new journey but for now - Just Thanks!!

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

The pointed rod is for poking through the tobacco to clear the airway (if needed) and to see hot much tobacco you have left (if there's any resistance, you still have tobacco). For your first bowl, I'd recommend Sugar Barrel, which should be easy on you and for you. Pack about half a bowl to get a 20-minute-ish smoke. If you still have tobacco left when lunch ends, just lightly knock out the ash and leave the tobacco for later. Unlike cigars, it usually doesn't hurt to relight. Watch your temperature, too, as you're getting started. If the bowl gets too hat for your hand, let it go out and cool down before relighting.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

Thanks Tom, exactly what I needed to know - I am open to any and all suggestions gentlemen.

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

Dan set you up well, by the way. Those are quality tobaccos to smoke in an excellent pipe. There are lots of tricks and techniques we could bombard you with, but you'll be just fine if you remember pipe rule #1: If you're enjoying your pipe, you're doing it right.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast