Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Pipe bomb a newbie - get a new pipe!

This is a discussion on Pipe bomb a newbie - get a new pipe! within the Pipe & Tobacco Bombs forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Your very welcome Gregg, enjoy mate....

Re: Pipe bomb a newbie - get a new pipe!

Your very welcome Gregg, enjoy mate.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Macke's Avatar

I don't have much experience with a pipe going out, otherwise I would try to be more helpful.. My pipes do a great job staying lit, and I only let them go out when I feel that they are getting a little too warm. I also don't pack it SUPER tight, it's more of a couple of gentle tamps while packing..

I just think it works best for me, but I fill the bowl about halfway, and tamp it lightly, then fill it all the way and tamp it ever-so-slightly harder, then fill to the top again and tamp down slightly harder still, and you should have a little bit of room between the tobacco and the rim of the pipe. Doesn't seem to go out on me, and it works for me, maybe it's worth a shot for another newbie piper?
    Good friends are like good cigars, the longer you have them, the better they get

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    So, which tobacco did you decide to start with?
    Dan I went with the Sugar Barrel as suggested here. Jeff (hannibal) sugested I let it sit out for about 20 min before packing the bowl but in my excitement I forgot to do that. I definitely enjoyed it. I did have to relight several times and I got a little "gurgling" at the endbut I think that's my noobness. Thoroughly enjoyed it though.

I already had a SCdlH Principe (CC) dry boxed for smoking so I fired that up after the pipe. Wow - big, big difference in pipe tobacco and Cigars. Youse Guys have started me down ANOTHER slippery slope!!! LOL.

PS - my wife sees me packing the pipe last night on the patio and opens the sliding door and in a very condescending voice says: "So now your going to start smoking Pipes too!!" My exact words were: "Why Yes... Yes I am going to start smoking pipes now." A disgusted look, shake of the head and slam of the door followed = LOL, LMAO, ROTF LMAO!!

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmso54 View Post
    Dan I went with the Sugar Barrel as suggested here. Jeff (hannibal) sugested I let it sit out for about 20 min before packing the bowl but in my excitement I forgot to do that. I definitely enjoyed it. I did have to relight several times and I got a little "gurgling" at the endbut I think that's my noobness. Thoroughly enjoyed it though.

I already had a SCdlH Principe (CC) dry boxed for smoking so I fired that up after the pipe. Wow - big, big difference in pipe tobacco and Cigars. Youse Guys have started me down ANOTHER slippery slope!!! LOL.

PS - my wife sees me packing the pipe last night on the patio and opens the sliding door and in a very condescending voice says: "So now your going to start smoking Pipes too!!" My exact words were: "Why Yes... Yes I am going to start smoking pipes now." A disgusted look, shake of the head and slam of the door followed = LOL, LMAO, ROTF LMAO!!
    You definitely went from one end of the spectrum to the other when you left the Sugar Barrel for the Principe. That's the way I do it too, although usually on the weekends as I poke around the house. Usually a nice bowl from my pipe, then a nice big stogie, and if I'm still standing after that I take a little dry snuff up the snozz to clear my head...

That's what I forgot in your package, Nasal Snuff! Your wife would be very pleased at that point.

Maybe try the Billy Budd next, it has some cigar leaf and latakia in it, so much more robust flavors. But definitely let it dry out first (in fact all afternoon would be ok). Pack a touch tighter than you did with the sugar barrel.

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

Although I didn't have a chance to smoke it last night, that was about the same conversation and reaction my wife had as I unwrapped the bomb from Tashaz.
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Hannibal's Avatar

Ahhhh the joys of having understanding spouses!!
    My Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/hannibal
    Proud to have served 1988-2000 U.S. Army!!

These bombs actually set a precedent to explain future purchases to your wife as simply gifts from the brotherhood. It's devious, I know, but it can keep the marriage happy and the cellar and humidor full.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

@ Dan - the Billy Bud will be next and for Tom - the squids and lobsters and dog bombers hitme with about 40 packages in the course of a week = the wife has been educated on bombs and thinks we are ALL certifiable!!

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

...the wife has been educated on bombs and thinks we are ALL certifiable!!
    I love it!!!!! My wife thinks it's amazing how generous Puff BOTLs are.

Maturing Puffer Fish Briars&Havanas's Avatar

My wife doesn't like my pipe/cigar hobby at all. I'm still tying to get my wife to let me smoke aromatics inside. Not sure that will every happen though. Had to go outside and smoke in my car last night with the engine running. It has been cold as balls here lately, LOL.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Hannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Briars&Havanas View Post
    I'm still tying to get my wife to let me smoke aromatics inside.
    Yeah let us know what the outcome of that is Brother!!
    My Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/hannibal
    Proud to have served 1988-2000 U.S. Army!!

There should probably be at least one more bomb landing this week! Can't wait to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by HWiebe View Post
    There should probably be at least one more bomb landing this week! Can't wait to see it!
    Yeah, mine. I'm still hoping it hits today. Damn bomber pilot must have taken a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

First, there was this. Pretty unassuming package, if you ask me. The Canadian maple leafs meant I didn't need to look at the return address to see who sent it.

And BOOM!

This pipe is actually the bomb that keeps on bombing (in that every time I sit it down, there'll be a small explosion from the sheer size of it).

Seriously, this thing actually makes me looks small... Actually, Hekthor, you should market this as a diet aid!

At first glance, the stain is beautiful, the finish combines smooth and rusticated very effectively, and the engineering is spot on. You even got the full wide eyes and slack jaw look of dumbfoundedness from my daughter when she saw it. I promise a full review of this beauty after I get a few bowls through her. Now, what to smoke, what to smoke?

I'm glad it arrived! It was never meant as a clencher.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast