Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Help! DanR is terrorizing me!

This is a discussion on Help! DanR is terrorizing me! within the Pipe & Tobacco Bombs forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; A few weeks back Dan snuck a few snuff samples into a package he sent me, and after thoroughly enjoying ...

Help! DanR is terrorizing me!

A few weeks back Dan snuck a few snuff samples into a package he sent me, and after thoroughly enjoying them I decided to dig in a bit further before making my first order. Of course, since he seems to have a good grasp on things, that meant that I was going to bug him with a lot of questions about the incredible amount of available choices before I decided on which snuffs to purchase.

Apparently my questions angered him, because these showed up at my doorstep! I should have let Dan slumber peacefully through winter!

Kendal English Rose, Sam Gawith Peach, a Gingerbread from the Netherlands (can't distinguish a brand name on the back of the package), Toque tins of Toffee, Coke, Lavender, XMas Pudding and Cheese & Bacon, Wilsons Grand Cairo and Aniseed & Eucalyptus, a very nice bullet filled with Sandalwood, and sampler containers stuffed to the lid with Morlaix, Patchouli, Anarkali, Garrett Sweet Snuff, Swiss Chocolate, Hodges 260, High Dry Toast, Honey Menthol, and what looks to be Crumbs of Comfort (in my excitement I believe I rubbed a bit of the ink off the lid, so I'm not sure I'm reading that correctly.

And to bring this around to the pipe side, for good measure Dan included a very generous taste of GLPs Union Square (from 2009) and Fillmore (from 200!

My head is spinning (and not from all the nicotine)!

Dan, you are much too kind and generous... And for that, I have something in store for you... Muhahahaha!
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Hannibal's Avatar

Re: Help! DanR is terrorizing me!

Wow!!! That looks like one hell of a bomb!!!

I've never ventured over to this snuff side. I've only done the snuff chewing tobacco (copenhagen and the like). So how hard is it to get used to???
    My Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/hannibal
    Proud to have served 1988-2000 U.S. Army!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Wow!!! That looks like one hell of a bomb!!!

I've never ventured over to this snuff side. I've only done the snuff chewing tobacco (copenhagen and the like). So how hard is it to get used to???
    It's not, really.

'Though, I made the mistake of confusing one of the first samples he sent me (Tom Buck Extra Strong) with a different blend, so when I read the improper reviews they all said "mild blend great for someone new to snuff". "Great," I thought to myself, "I'll take a nice sniff of this stuff and..." BOOM my nostrils were on fire & my eyes were watering! I hadn't prepared myself for anything extra strong, that's for sure!

After that first time, though, I haven't had any other issues. I really love the aroma all of the snuffs I've tried have left in my nose, and being an ex-cigarette smoker I appreciate the nicotine boost I get from them, too. My wife isn't happy that I have yet another slope to fall down (first cigars, then CCs, then pipe tobacco, now this) and she doesn't quite understand how I can willfully put anything into my nose, but I told her I would compromise: it was either the snuff or my fingers... She agreed to the snuff.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Certified Clubbin'-Seal HugSeal's Avatar

That Dan can sure be a meanie, I too have felt his wrath.

I foresee alot of smelling in your future, great hit Dan!
    Bjorn to smoke
    (Credits go to Josh[AStateJB])

Puffer Fish with many spikes x6ftundx's Avatar

Where is Mr R in the pics?????

I am certainly glad you like the package. You are correct that the small sample that rubbed off is Crumbs of Comfort (spearmint from what I can tell). The Gingerbread is Molens. A lot of people really love it, and I bought two "tins" anticipating the same, but it's a bit coarse for my liking. And my sloppy handwriting was trying to spell "Hedges 260", not hodges - that one is powerful. And let me know how you like that Cheese and Bacon...

The Morlaix, Patchouli, HDT, and Sandalwood are all F&T (Fribourg & Treyer). The Swiss Chocolate is Dholakia. Anarkali is 6 Photo. Honey Menthol and Crumbs of Comfort are Wilson's of Sharrow.

It also looks like I have my next snuff bomb target!

Certified Clubbin'-Seal HugSeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x6ftundx View Post
    Where is Mr R in the pics?????
    Unless he has an evil(good?) twin in Pennsylvania he is still here in Sweden smelling of tobacco.
    Bjorn to smoke
    (Credits go to Josh[AStateJB])

hmmmmm Dan, you can always bomb me with snuff, since I only have a small idea of what snuff is like. way too many to pick. But coke does sound nice hah
    go on Dan I dare you, I double dare you hahahah
    troy