Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Another trade gone BOOM!!!

This is a discussion on Another trade gone BOOM!!! within the Pipe & Tobacco Bombs forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Over the past couple of weeks I had been giving some serious consideration to getting a pipe, then the other ...

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Another trade gone BOOM!!!

Over the past couple of weeks I had been giving some serious consideration to getting a pipe, then the other day TommyTree asked me if i would consider a "cigars for pipe" trade. Seeing this as an excellent opportunity, not only to try another slope, about which i was curious, but also to offer a nudge down the cigar slope to someone else, I gladly accepted. The agreement was my choice of 1 of 3 pipes, all of approximately the same value, for what I considered a fair trade in cigars. I informed Tom of my choice, PM'ed my address, prepared my trade, and waited for my pipe to land... Saturday afternoon the good ol' USPS delivered my package from Tommy, a bubble mailer envelope, which was significantly larger than necessary for any of the pipes offered in the trade...

Not only did Tom send the pipe, but also a nice sampler of pipe tobaccos for me to try!

Middleton Walnut
    Half and Half
    Mac Baren HH Mature Virginia
    Smoker's Haven Cognac Mixture
    Balken Supreme
    and a full tin of McClelland Black Woods Flake

Tommy seems to be learning his Puff math quickly! It's a good thing I expected this and prepared my trade appropriately. Heads up TommyTree!
    Hangin' out with Friends

Re: Another trade gone BOOM!!!

Nice trade bomb Tom and I can't wait to see the other end of the destruction Josh! It great seeing the pipe guys smack around the cigar guys and vice versa.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Hannibal's Avatar

Ahhh the wonderful world of puff math trading!!

Nice hit Tommy!
    My Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/hannibal
    Proud to have served 1988-2000 U.S. Army!!

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

Looks like that will keep you busy for a while! Nice hit.
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

Careful Tommy. Josh will retaliate and blow you up. On the other hand, Tommy does have more pipes and tobacco in his home than any shop could dream of having. Could be a great battle if this escalates!
    I may be foolish but at least I do it with enthusiasim!

Come on, guys. I have a community group of mailboxes at the end of the street. If you blow mine up, you blow all the neighbors' up too! And they're old! Checking the mail is the one bright spot of their day!
    Enabler, Philosopher and Resident Imbiber

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTree View Post
    Come on, guys. I have a community group of mailboxes at the end of the street. If you blow mine up, you blow all the neighbors' up too! And they're old! Checking the mail is the one bright spot of their day!

As Ian would say to Pete... Sorry geezers...
    Last edited by AStateJB; 01-29-2012 at 12:16 PM.
    Hangin' out with Friends

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

nice - Tommy and Jeff have been helping me out with lots of advice. Glad to see another noob in the pipe world Josh -LOL. Cant wait to compare notes in chat

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

Terrific bomb there. That's a really cool looking pipe! The baccy looks good too. I recently tried the HH Mature Virgina for the first time (thanks to freestoke) and was pleasantly surprised by it.