Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The Diogenes Club War has officially begun!!!

This is a discussion on The Diogenes Club War has officially begun!!! within the Pipe & Tobacco Bombs forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by DanR Wait... is that Rome, NY down there??? Wait a minute. Wait just minute! Unfair! Displaced aggression! ...

Re: The Diogenes Club War has officially begun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Wait... is that Rome, NY down there???
    Wait a minute. Wait just minute! Unfair! Displaced aggression! The guilty party here is Mycroft!! His propaganda campaign clearly relies on The Big Lie, feigning victimization while insidiously wreaking havoc.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

I think at this point, it looks something like this:

Name:  crazy missles.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  24.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Wait a minute. Wait just minute! Unfair! Displaced aggression! The guilty party here is Mycroft!! His propaganda campaign clearly relies on The Big Lie, feigning victimization while insidiously wreaking havoc.
    Sorry Jim, the planes released their payload well before they could be called back...

Quote Originally Posted by mmiller View Post
    Looks like Dan is about to be Bombed! Take cover!
    Does Puff have a witness protection program? I know where the bodies are buried.

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Sorry Jim, the planes released their payload well before they could be called back...
    Yeah, that's what President Merkin Muffley said to the soviet prime minister, "Now then, Dmitri, you know how we've always talked about the possibility of something going wrong with the Bomb... The *Bomb*, Dmitri."

The Armchair Detective Mycroft Holmes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    When the smoke clears and the history books are written, I will be absolved!!
    When the young pipers of tomorrow look back on the Great Diogenes War of 2012, they will see that Mycroft Holmes acted justly!!!
    "It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes." - Sherlock Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft Holmes View Post
    When the smoke clears and the history books are written, I will be absolved!!
    When the young pipers of tomorrow look back on the Great Diogenes War of 2012, they will see that Mycroft Holmes acted justly!!!
    ...albeit fatally!

If Jim is, indeed, short for James, and James is the first name of a certain Prof. M, and James and Mycroft are, indeed, working in collusion, then this could be the greatest double cross since Judas Iscariot.
    Enabler, Philosopher and Resident Imbiber

At last, the first punches are thrown!

Jim has artfully leveled my home employing tactics I'm accustomed to on the cigar side. I'm seeing now that I've not given you pipers enough credit.

First, he passed along the remnants of his battle with Sather...

Obviously this is the genesis of a Sherlock Holmes Puff Pass-Around. Once I am sated I, too, shall find a worthy inheritor.

Next, Jim thoughtfully prepared samplings - based on my likes & dislikes - of tobacco I'm sure to adore...

Then, Jim handed down two custom-crafted "estate" tampers...

And last: a mystery! Surely a Holmesian bomb, coming from the hands of a deranged lunatic, would include a mystery!

What could it be? What precious contents are contained within? Is it a matter of life and death? Does the Nation's fate hang in the balance? What does it all mean?

Unwrapped, my eyes behold a wonderous treat...

MacBaren's HH Vintage Syrian! My first taste of this exotic leaf!

Jim, the aggressive acts you have shown today are not taken lightly. The countdown to Monday begins. This is a house divided. This is a house at war.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Sorry about the used tampers, but my dowel rod supply had been depleted from recent skirmishes. Even though a little tired and scruffy, they asked to go on the mission anyway, soldiers to the end.

Like I said earlier, there's more pipe and cigar puffing on that one '54 series DVD than in the entire Jeremy Brett series and all the Rathbone movies combined.

Oh...I isolated the Syrian so that everything in the box wouldn't smell like Latakia. And that book is a treat!

(And thanks again, Mycroft!! An awesome bombing campaign you launched there! I really enjoyed it while it was in my possession!!)

I think I hear the mail truck on the next street over...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

"I find I am unable to remain above the fray. I am preparing a long overdue "package" for Mycroft."

PS - The first one to reveal my identity based on the photo above will be receiving some nice tobacco from Rich's in Portland.
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

That's Doyle's illustrator, Sidney Paget, but that's due more to my google skills than my Holmes knowledge.
    Enabler, Philosopher and Resident Imbiber

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTree View Post
    That's Doyle's illustrator, Sidney Paget, but that's due more to my google skills than my Holmes knowledge.
    We have a winner! It matters not to me how you found the answer. Heck, I'd be surprised if many people could identify him on sight. In fact, if anyone did let me know and I'll send you a package too! PM your address and I'll send a package your way.
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

I have received two direct hits that have left nothing but a crater where my house once stood. My top advisers have been summoned. Tomorrow, expect damage assessment reconnaissance imagery. For now, we have a triage operation set up in tents in the back yard trying to save as many as we can, but the carnage beggars the imagination.

We are opening new fronts against DanR and Mycroft as I speak.

Puffer Fish with many spikes x6ftundx's Avatar

you will love this... season 2 is out in the UK and coming in the summer to the US...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast