Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The Diogenes Club War has officially begun!!!

This is a discussion on The Diogenes Club War has officially begun!!! within the Pipe & Tobacco Bombs forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by x6ftundx you will love this... season 2 is out in the UK and coming in the summer ...

Re: The Diogenes Club War has officially begun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by x6ftundx View Post

you will love this... season 2 is out in the UK and coming in the summer to the US...
    I've actually just finished watching the first episode, and I'm already downloading Season 2.

This is a great show!
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Puffer Fish with many spikes x6ftundx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    I've actually just finished watching the first episode, and I'm already downloading Season 2.

This is a great show!

at the end of episode three figure out how he did it... spoilers, but I can't it's just that good... now I gotta wait until he is through with the hobbits to find out 2014 at the earliest

There's a season 2 now?! Excuse me, gentlemen. I need to go look for something.
    Enabler, Philosopher and Resident Imbiber

The Armchair Detective Mycroft Holmes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    I have received two direct hits that have left nothing but a crater where my house once stood. My top advisers have been summoned. Tomorrow, expect damage assessment reconnaissance imagery. For now, we have a triage operation set up in tents in the back yard trying to save as many as we can, but the carnage beggars the imagination.

We are opening new fronts against DanR and Mycroft as I speak.

Well, the intelligence I'm receiving from my troops at the Front is a bit spotty, but I hope you're post means that my attack was successful. Hopefully I will catch wind of the damage tomorrow, when the rest of the world finds out. Until then, looks like I will be needing to start work on my own defenses. It sounds like an attack against the sovereignty of the Diogenes Club is imminent!!!
    "It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes." - Sherlock Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by x6ftundx View Post
    at the end of episode three figure out how he did it... spoilers, but I can't it's just that good... now I gotta wait until he is through with the hobbits to find out 2014 at the earliest

After watching the last Episode of Season 2 about 4 or 5 times I think I have figured it out. I won't reveal what I have seen here, since it would be a shame to ruin it for the Brothers who seem eager to watch it, but if you want, you should Pm me and we can discuss what we think happened. I would love to hear someone else's ideas. In any case, Season 2 is AMAZING!!!!!
    "It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes." - Sherlock Holmes

Puffer Fish with some spikes

As I peruse this thread of malicious attacks against such deserving BOTL, all I am left with is a desire to decipher what could have transpired to cause such a massacre which caused tremors that were felt all across the nation!

Well played by all involved, and a truly fun thread to read. I've had a blast following, and love the pictures so far! Can't wait to see the devastation at Jim's house!

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft Holmes View Post
    Well, the intelligence I'm receiving from my troops at the Front is a bit spotty, but I hope you're post means that my attack was successful. Hopefully I will catch wind of the damage tomorrow, when the rest of the world finds out. Until then, looks like I will be needing to start work on my own defenses. It sounds like an attack against the sovereignty of the Diogenes Club is imminent!!!
    Opposing forces have recieved vital intelligence that tells of a weakness in the armament of the Diogenes HQ!

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Opposing forces have recieved vital intelligence that tells of a weakness in the armament of the Diogenes HQ!
    I will admit, I'm a bit worried about this "Vital Intelligence" that these opposing forces are claiming they have uncovered. I have just finished consulting my top war advisors and it has been decided...definitive action must be taken.
    Tomorrow, The Diogenes Club will launch an attack the opposing forces that are stationed in San Antonio, TX. With any luck, before the week is out, the opposition stationed in the Lone Star State will be no more. May God have Mercy on their Souls!!!

Tell me Dan...Can you hear them coming...

R Wagner, Ride of the Valkyries Apocalypse now - YouTube

With enemies like Dan and Sather, who needs friends?

16feb12 Damage Assessment Part 1 of 2

16feb12 Damage Assessment Part 2 of 2
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

And the the final blow from the two Diogenes Terrorists has landed... Pictures to come later (I've been staring at code all day and operating any heavy machinery - or light, as the case may be with my camera - is a bit beyond me right now), but until then I must say a big THANK YOU to Sather!

#Login *******
    #Password ********
    #Welcome to Chatcom 2.2, you are now connected to user2
    >You may begin transmission of classified materials, user1...
    >Targets acquired...
    >...
    >Targets confirmed...
    >Please validate operational sequence
    >>a&kk0.37:+b13m42Q9%
    >Synchonizing ordinance...
    >Operation Counterstrike is a go at 0800...
    >Repeat: Operation Counterstrike is a go at 0800...
    >Message received...
    >Confirmation: m%ee91046\8uie
    #user2 has logged off
    #user1 has logged off
    #Program timeout, connection terminated

I'M HIT!!!

Significant damage has been sustained at the HQ of the opposing forces (as I've been identified). Sources point the origination of the offensive as Spokane. Luckily, I was able to launch my own retalitory stike before being rendered immobile by the attack.

Here is an assesment of the damages:

The contents included:
    - A personal note from Mycroft himself
    - The Bedside, Bathtub, and Armchair Companion to Sherlock Holmes
    - 3 full tins of Sutliffe Metropolitan, Bacchanalia, Country Estates
    - Samples of University Flake, Irish Flake, Sutliffe Charlemagne, MacBaren HH Arcadian Perique, Sutliffe Barbados Plantation, Dan Blue Note, Dan Da Vinci, McClelland Anniversary 2010, MacBaren Plumcake, Dunhill MM965.

On a serious note, I want to say THANK YOU to Sather for such a terrific bomb! I'm leaving tomorrow for a 4 day trip, so the book will be traveling with me. You've also managed to hit me with a LOT of tobacco that I have never tried, and that's not easy considering my desire for variety and inability to control my TAD... Now, what to try first?

Two things.

1: I'm finally here to post my pictures from the Satherbomb. But first...

2: I just realized that my attacks won't land on Monday because the USPS is off on holiday. Darn. Tuesday it is! And now...

Boom!

Boom!

Boom!

Sather sent a beautiful hardcover A Study In Scarlet / The Sign of Four, and generous samples of Peterson's Irish and University Flake, JFH's Whiskey Biscuit Gravy (which I'm going to use as a band name if I'm ever in a band again), Sutliff's Bacchanalia, Charlemagne and Barbados Plantation, and McClelland's Anniversary! I don't need to say that the package smells wonderfully!

Sather, I can't thank you and Jim enough for the wonderful packages! And to both of you: Tuesday won't get here soon enough!

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry that it's taken me do long to post on this thread again. A very close personal friend of mine got married earlier today, and so this last few days I have been very busy with the Bachelor party, rehearsals and then the ceremony/reception. But, I have been keeping an eye on the carnage via my iphone, and I'm glad to see that my bombs landed in their intended destinations. The full might of the Diogenes Club has been shown, and don't think there could have been any more deserving targets!!! Jim, Andrew and Dan... you guys are exactly the kind of people that make this forum a great place. You have put up with my (oftentimes "noob-ish") questions and have been ready and willing to share tobacco out of your own cellar to help me learn more about the world of pipes, and that type of kindness should never go unthanked. I tip my hat, and raise a glass to you all. You are fine gentlemen, and I am happy that I was given the chance to give you guys a bit of "pay back."

I hope you all are well, and that you have fun digging out of the rubble!!!

-Sather

Tonight I start The House of Silk. I hope to find vengeful guidance (or at least inspiration) therein, Mycroft!
    Last edited by freestoke; 02-19-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    Sather, I can't thank you and Jim enough for the wonderful packages! And to both of you: Tuesday won't get here soon enough!
    I merely forwarded the earlier bomb Sather sent me, Andrew. The blame is almost entirely on Sather's head, not merely for crushing me twice, but also for inducing me to participate in further carnage. I have been dragged into the war unwillingly, but now that the forces engage in an apparent free-for-all of destruction, I can but regroup, salvage what I can, and...plot.

mumblemumble...best served cold...mumblemumblemumble

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast