Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

The Diogenes Club War has officially begun!!!

This is a discussion on The Diogenes Club War has officially begun!!! within the Pipe & Tobacco Bombs forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Andrew, alias szyzk, whose vowel deficient childhood left him with a distorted sense of fair play, has lashed out against ...

Re: The Diogenes Club War has officially begun!!!

Andrew, alias szyzk, whose vowel deficient childhood left him with a distorted sense of fair play, has lashed out against this innocent bystander. I, who have always been a voice for peace, again find myself girding for combat after the mailbox door was entirely torn from its hinges, testimony to the ferocity of the blast.

Not content with aged Stonehaven (2002!), Hamborger Veermaster (2007), Escudo (2006) and Erinmore (2006), you will observe he included the La Aurora Para Japon (for Japan) in an underhanded attempt to poison my upcoming season golf debut.

Although I dipped into the Erinmore last night, the others seem too dangerous to smoke without sufficient celebratory ambiance. The Erinmore was fabulous, Andrew, smoked in the worth Bari Dan. I must say, Erinmore does seem to improve with age! I was going to fire up some Stonehaven, then saw its antiquity.

An amazing collection of special-occasion smokes awaits! Thanks, Andrew!
    Last edited by freestoke; 02-22-2012 at 09:45 AM.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

You're welcome, Jim! I couldn't hit you with quantity, but I did have some numbers ('02, '06, '07) to share!
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Quote Originally Posted by x6ftundx View Post
    at the end of episode three figure out how he did it... spoilers, but I can't it's just that good... now I gotta wait until he is through with the hobbits to find out 2014 at the earliest
    "Dirty, tricksey Hobitses"

Ok, so I have my theories about the end of act two... But I'm positive they'll all be wrong when the new shows start!

The Armchair Detective Mycroft Holmes's Avatar

Hello again Gentlemen,

I’m sorry it has taken me so long to report the happenings of yesterday, but I have been digging my way through debris all day, and have finally gained access to the Diogenes Club Emergency Bunker, where I am now drafting my report.
    At around 4pm yesterday, I was reveling in my successful attacks against the villains Jim (freestoke) and Andrew (szyzk) and enjoying an afternoon brandy in the comfort of the Diogenes club. Suddenly, and without warning a blast shattered the serenity of the club and the next thing I knew I was hurled to the ground by a resounding shock wave. I must have been unconscious for some time, because when I awoke, the top Diogenes Club investigators had already identified the cause of the blast.

Inside a package that had been mailed directly to the Diogenes Club HQ was found:

1) A genorous sample of “Hamborger Veermaster”
    2) An equally generous sample of “Escudo” (which I’ve actually never seen in person)
    3) A supply of “Erinmore”
    4) A devilish supply of the famed “Stonehaven

And to top it off the bomber included a La Aurora cigar.

A letter claiming responsibility for this dastardly deed accompanied this mailbox-busting package, and my sources are now officially confirming that this bomb was indeed the handy work of Andrew.

Well played Sir…This was a truly AMAZING bomb, and I am honored and humbled that you saw fit to destroy my mailbox with such fine tobacco. You are a gentlemen and a scholar…are also apparently the newest member of the Diogenes Club “Most Wanted” list. You have been warned!!!

-Mycroft
    "It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes." - Sherlock Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Tonight I start The House of Silk. I hope to find vengeful guidance (or at least inspiration) therein, Mycroft!

I hope you are enjoying the book, Jim. I just finished it last night and really enjoyed it. I think the author does a great job of capturing the Sir ACD "feel", and I enjoyed how he threw in little things for the "true" fans that maybe the average reader might not pick up on. Well, I'm off..."The game's afoot" as some might say.
    "It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes." - Sherlock Holmes

I hope you enjoy, Sather! It was the least I could do...

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft Holmes View Post
    I hope you are enjoying the book, Jim. I just finished it last night and really enjoyed it. I think the author does a great job of capturing the Sir ACD "feel", and I enjoyed how he threw in little things for the "true" fans that maybe the average reader might not pick up on. Well, I'm off..."The game's afoot" as some might say.
    Been reading myself to sleep the past few days, but unfortunately I've been bagged by the time I get to bed and have just gotten through the preface. I'll be making better progress for the remainder of the week, I promise! Definitely very Watson-esque.

So, how goes the war? I had a talk with my next door neighbor, Perkins. Beyond the Fringe - from the 'Aftermyth of War' sketch. - YouTube

Puffer Fish with some spikes imperial Stout's Avatar

That's a nice generous sample there!

Well, I must say that I am shocked!! After spending the day trying to recover from the attack that Andrew launched against me a few days ago, I was definitely ready for a calm evening when I returned home from work this evening. But, that was definitely not in the cards. The moment I walked in the door I saw the package, and when I made the mistake of opening it…it was all over.

Dan (DanR) has officially destroyed me. Plain and simple!

Inside the package I for the following:

-A tin of G.L. Pease “Fillmore”
    -A tin of Samuel Gawith “1792 Flake”
    -A large tin of Rattray’s “Marlin Flake”

And….

To top it all off, Dan sent me a Peterson Tankard Pipe! I have wanted a Peterson tankard for quite a while now, and I am just blown away by Dan’s generosity!!! What a stand up guy! I think I have officially learned my lesson about starting bombing wars with the fine gentlemen on this forum, and it is clear to me that my younger Brother (Sherlock) was correct when he stated that…

"Violence does, in truth, recoil upon the violent, and the schemer falls into the pit which he digs for another."

Well played, Dan!! Your generosity puts me to shame. Thank you so much for this terrific bomb! Now, if you will excuse me, I have a new Tankard to smoke.

-Mycroft

My god, Dan, you show absolutely no mercy whatsoever! Excellent!

Haha, Dan, you're ruthless!

Mycroft - I'm certainly glad that you like it. I had two of those pokers, and sadly that one was not being used as much as it deserved. When I saw your post about wanting a nice Pete Tankard, I knew it was meant to be. I hope it becomes a favorite.

By the way, I've really been enjoying the samples that you sent. I had the last bit of Barbados Plantation earlier today. I don't reach for aromatics as much as I used to, but that was a nice change of pace.

I now feel as if I'm part of this fray. John's impromptu contest and the identity of Mr. Paget netted me not one but four samples:

Rich's Brandywine
    Rich's Toffee
    Rich's Hazelnut
    Boswell's Hunter's Choice

Thank you much, John. It's much more than a quick Google search should be worth.
    Enabler, Philosopher and Resident Imbiber

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5