Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The Diogenes Club War has officially begun!!!

This is a discussion on The Diogenes Club War has officially begun!!! within the Pipe & Tobacco Bombs forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; ...

The Armchair Detective Mycroft Holmes's Avatar

The Diogenes Club War has officially begun!!!

On Sunday, the 28th of June 1914 at approximately 10:45am, a lone gunman by the name of Gavrilo Princip assassinated Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria, and effectively began the First Great War. Now, a little over 98 years later another infamous shot has been fired.
    Last night, in the city of Spokane, Washington, I left my house to go collect the day’s mail. As I crossed the empty and dimly lit street, and neared my mailbox I was filled with apprehension. My intelligence sourced had confirmed an expected attack on my defenses by the notorious bomber known as “Freestoke,” and as I inched closer and closer to my mailbox, a strong floral aroma suddenly overpowered me. What could it be?? A biological/chemical attack??
    I quickly donned some protective gear and cautiously opened my mailbox to find an envelope addressed to my. I then summoned the bomb squad and they confirmed that I had been indeed a victim of that famed “Freestoke.”

Inside the envelope was a mighty fine sample of the famed “Ennerdale Flake” which I had recently expressed some interest in trying.
    I want to assure all of you that this attack will NOT go unpunished. As we speak, my forces are preparing to launch a massive counter attack. In short, let it always be remembered that on this day, the first shot of what will come to be known as the “Diogenes Club War” was fired.

-Mycroft Holmes

P.S. Thank you so much Jim, you are a true BOTL.

"It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: The Diogenes Club War has officially begun!!!

And what are your thoughts?

You can't keep us in suspense any longer!
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

Nice hit, Freestoke, and no one deserves it more. Sather obliterated my mailbox last year with a mega Sherlockian bomb of epic impact. Here's a quick pic:

Destroy him fellows. You won't find a more deserving Puff brother.

It's great to have you back on the forum, Sather!
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Puffer Fish with many spikes x6ftundx's Avatar

I really like the bomb and I love the new BBC series Sherlock. If you haven't seen it you should check it out

Quote Originally Posted by x6ftundx View Post
    I really like the bomb and I love the new BBC series Sherlock. If you haven't seen it you should check it out
    Glad you approve of the Sherlock Bomb! I must say though that if anyone deserved it, I was John (indigosmoke). That man is one of the kindest gentlemen I have ever met, and is a total class act. John is truly one of the legends on this forum, and for very good reason!!!

Also, The BBC Sherlock is (in my opinion) a completely AMAZING show.
    "It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes." - Sherlock Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by indigosmoke View Post
    Nice hit, Freestoke, and no one deserves it more. Sather obliterated my mailbox last year with a mega Sherlockian bomb of epic impact. Here's a quick pic:

Destroy him fellows. You won't find a more deserving Puff brother.

It's great to have you back on the forum, Sather!
    Seriously? That is so badass I can't even evaluate it. Class, bibliophile pr0n, and good tobaccy. I may need some "me time" in the bathroom after seeing this.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Puffer Fish with many spikes x6ftundx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft Holmes View Post
    Glad you approve of the Sherlock Bomb! I must say though that if anyone deserved it, I was John (indigosmoke). That man is one of the kindest gentlemen I have ever met, and is a total class act. John is truly one of the legends on this forum, and for very good reason!!!

Also, The BBC Sherlock is (in my opinion) a completely AMAZING show.
    the second three part season was just on BBC One. I think PBS gets it in the summer. It was totally awesome and I still can't figure out how he did the last scene grrrr. Now we gotta wait for at least two years because he is hobbiting

I don't know what kind of propaganda the Diogenes Club is putting out these days, but let's just get this straight. It has taken me a year to regain the strength and wherewithal to mail off that pitiable little envelope of Ennerdale. I have been digging out of the rubble created by THIS for months:

I think he's been running around with Moriarity and picking up bad habits.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Bombs away!!!!! At 9am PST two separate counter attacks were launched against the aggressors of the great Diogenes Club War of 2012. With any luck we will see the fallout by mid week!

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft Holmes View Post
    Bombs away!!!!! At 9am PST two separate counter attacks were launched against the aggressors of the great Diogenes Club War of 2012. With any luck we will see the fallout by mid week!
    A third will take sail in about an hour. Andrew is toast. I've tried to make up for the "missing element", Mycroft. (In any case, should the missing element surface, I'm not going to feel too guilty, because I'd love to keep that one for myself for future reference! Now if I could just find it! ) There should be sufficient carnage to call in Sherlock for a thorough investigation!

Both of you two are warned: I've been stocking up, and I can return a volley.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Certified Clubbin'-Seal HugSeal's Avatar

Love the write-up. Just goes to show that pipers are more about class :P

Great hit and a great read(both the books and the post)!
    Bjorn to smoke
    (Credits go to Josh[AStateJB])

I would like to say, that there is more pipe and cigar smoking in one half-hour episode of the '54 series (practically any episode) than in all the Basil Rathbone movies and Jeremy Brett episodes combined. There is virtually no scene without a pipe or a cigar in evidence.

In evidence! ?? Why, that's almost a joke there, son!

Do you cigar ruffians see how an explosive package of pipe tobacco is received with grace and history lessons? Well struck, James. And Mycroft, well received.
    Enabler, Philosopher and Resident Imbiber

Sad to say, yet another of the squadron has failed to take wing. To reveal how deeply unsavory my character, I find the element on my living room table (still actually in my possession, as opposed to simply AWOL). I did not intentionally mean to leave out what on retrospect seems to be a singularly key element, but as the documentary Forbidden Planet tells us plainly, the creatures of the id remain beyond human control. "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows."

I'll dispatch another flotilla to try and make amends for this botched raid, Sather.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast