Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

No good deed goes unpunished.

This is a discussion on No good deed goes unpunished. within the Pipe & Tobacco Bombs forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I simply facilitated a friendly engagement of forces between Mycroft and Dan, never dreaming that hostilities would ensue. Dan ravaged ...

No good deed goes unpunished.

I simply facilitated a friendly engagement of forces between Mycroft and Dan, never dreaming that hostilities would ensue. Dan ravaged what little remains of my war torn neighborhood.

The tamper, I fear, is his own handiwork. The pen, on the other hand, clearly has an overtone of dread deeds. No identifying markings, not even on the ink cartridge.

A can of McClelland Holiday Spirit 2012 accompanies an unmarked jar of something my neighbor has dated to 1956 with his homemade radioactive carbon dating machine, so I suspect PA.

I am inconsolate.
    Last edited by freestoke; 12-20-2012 at 03:53 PM.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Re: No good deed goes unpunished.

I'm a bit of a pen-nerd - very nice!
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

I've been playing around in the wood shop now that it's cooler out (and nicer to smoke indoors). I've got something in the works for Mycroft too, don't you worry!

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Haha no good dead goes unpunished indeed.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

I have a DanR tamper and enjoy it immensly. It may or may not be a DanR creation but what I don't know doesn't hurt me.

Very Nice bomb. I liked the PA sample I recieved so much that I bought some more.
    Pipe Tobacco Lotto winner for July 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    I've been playing around in the wood shop now that it's cooler out (and nicer to smoke indoors). I've got something in the works for Mycroft too, don't you worry!
    I thought so! It's almost too nice to use, but...it seems perfect for the bore of a cob and my Mayfair!

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    I thought so! It's almost too nice to use, but...it seems perfect for the bore of a cob and my Mayfair!
    It's meant to be used. I liked using your hardware dowel (or whatever) tamper so much that I decided to start playing around with a fancier version. If you get that one too dirty, I can make you another one. I seem to get a little better with practice...

Scotch, that tamper was one I made.

I'm going to use it forthwith, with bowl of PA56. Mycroft needs a tamper for sure. Punish him for setting me up like this, okay?

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

Cool tamper. Glad my name hasn't been mentioned yet ( duck behind couch)
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

Beautiful work, Dan!

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

Beautiful work Dan! Jim, I suspect you will enjoy everything that came in that package LOL
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgreggor57 View Post
    Beautiful work Dan! Jim, I suspect you will enjoy everything that came in that package LOL
    I might even preload a cob and have some Holiday Spirit at the party tonight, in addition to whatever else I crank up. Naturally, the smokers will be on the porch, so I intend to blow smoke toward the door every time it opens. Might open some 5Brothers for quick smokes and sufficient nicotine to keep me sustained. And some Tom Buck, of course.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Hannibal's Avatar

Outstanding bomb Dan!! Loving the handy work.

Jim, enjoy those fine specimens as I know you will!
    My Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/hannibal
    Proud to have served 1988-2000 U.S. Army!!