Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hit hard by Dan and Doug.

This is a discussion on Hit hard by Dan and Doug. within the Pipe & Tobacco Bombs forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; So yesterday at my local B&M's end of the world party i got to meet Mr. DanR for the first ...

Maturing Puffer Fish

Hit hard by Dan and Doug.

So yesterday at my local B&M's end of the world party i got to meet Mr. DanR for the first time, and Doug who has been giving me good advice for the military life. Both bombed me pretty hard right as i was recovering from shootinmatts' massive cigar bomb. I've tried to upload a picture using my tablet but just incase you folks cant see it, Doug hit me with a tin of Sutliff's Molto Dolce (i now see why this stuff flies off the shelt - it's great!). Dan hit me with four tins of snuff with scents from floral to beer. A very nice keychain thats looks amazing and holds snuff. A cohiba cigar which im excited to try (new to cigars and even newer to snuff). Last but not least Dan also gave me a tin of McClellends Christmas Cheer 2012 which i'm very excited to try!

Thank you Doug and Dan, i greatly appreciate these gifts!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Re: Hit hard by Dan and Doug.

Ooohh!

Hedges!

YUM!

What Mark said - yum!
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Dang Dan! Dang Doug! Nice hitting.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Maturing Puffer Fish

I tried each of the snuff's (excluding the small green one while I'll try tonight) and they are all great. I'm anxious, a few more days until I will let myself open the Christmas cheer.

Dude, I opened a tin of Christmas cheer yesterday and man, it smelled like a bottle of ketchup. Let us know what you think.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Was it Peterson's, McClellands, C&D, or some one else? I may just have to open it earlier than I planned.

Mcclellands Christmas Cheer smells like ketchup to me.

Maturing Puffer Fish

So I did ot... I opened it before I said I was going to. So yes I do smell ketchup along with a little sweetness like alfalfa which is sweet hay. The tin note is a wolf in sheep's clothing though. I disregarded the initial smell and lit up a bowl. I found a great magnitude of flavors which I will have to disect one by one. So far I've noticed sweetness, cocoa, coffee, a spice that may be nutmeg. The room not after a minute goes from what my girlfriend called a"pasta" to a tea scent I found, to a nice cocoa mixed with nutmeg. I dried out this bowl a little more to see if there is any difference. Time to light up and start sipping this superbly complex Virginia blend. For all interested I plan on writing a review soon.

Nice work, Dan and Doug!

It was a really great time hanging out with you guys up at Fincks. I'll plan on doing that more often!

Russ, I'm embarrassed to say that the Cohiba may be a counterfeit. I recieved a bunch of stuff from my brother in law, including four or five "Cohibas", and one of our fine Brothers here shot me a PM last night to let me know that band looked "off". I took a picture of the others my brother gave me, and at least two others in the batch were fake too. Sorry about that. I had no idea and I'm embarrassed about it. I'm sure it'll still smoke ok, just know it's not from ISOM.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    It was a really great time hanging out with you guys up at Fincks. I'll plan on doing that more often!

Russ, I'm embarrassed to say that the Cohiba may be a counterfeit. I recieved a bunch of stuff from my brother in law, including four or five "Cohibas", and one of our fine Brothers here shot me a PM last night to let me know that band looked "off". I took a picture of the others my brother gave me, and at least two others in the batch were fake too. Sorry about that. I had no idea and I'm embarrassed about it. I'm sure it'll still smoke ok, just know it's not from ISOM.
    Dan - absolutely NOTHING to be embarased about!! You are one of THE most knowledgeable pipe guys on this forum. Fake CC's abound everywhere. I'd bet a nickel to a dollar that anyone who has smoked cc's over time has smoked a fake - nothing to be embarrased about at all.

Shoot - after the IPCPR show a couple of us puff brothers smoked two Esplendidos - one real, one not. We laughed our asses off going back and forth about which one was better

Anyway - if it's happened to one of us, it's happened to thousands of us, so no worries - and your honesty and integrity is well demonstrated by this post. Merry Christmas Dan.

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

Maturing Puffer Fish

No worries Dan, it will still be greatly enjoyed. Nothing to be embarased about. So I tried the rose snuff from India last night. Wow! Amazing scent, flavor, and head rush.

Puffer Fish with many spikes mturnmm's Avatar

That is an awesome hit. And I would have never figured out that christmas cheer smells like ketchup if trail hadn't mentored it....took it out and sure enough!!
    Here's to us and those like us!
    God Bless our Troops...especially our Snipers!

Quote Originally Posted by Tasiac View Post
    So I did ot... I opened it before I said I was going to. So yes I do smell ketchup along with a little sweetness like alfalfa which is sweet hay. The tin note is a wolf in sheep's clothing though. I disregarded the initial smell and lit up a bowl. I found a great magnitude of flavors which I will have to disect one by one. So far I've noticed sweetness, cocoa, coffee, a spice that may be nutmeg. The room not after a minute goes from what my girlfriend called a"pasta" to a tea scent I found, to a nice cocoa mixed with nutmeg. I dried out this bowl a little more to see if there is any difference. Time to light up and start sipping this superbly complex Virginia blend. For all interested I plan on writing a review soon.
    I look forward to the review. My cigar palette is pretty darn good but not so much with pipes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast