Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

A terrible storm hit the North Esat today...

This is a discussion on A terrible storm hit the North Esat today... within the Pipe & Tobacco Bombs forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Or was it the aftermath of what simply happens when a Master Blaster decides to show a nueb (like me) ...

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

A terrible storm hit the North Esat today...

Or was it the aftermath of what simply happens when a Master Blaster decides to show a nueb (like me) what TRUE HTF piper's leaf is all about?

What a day this was... It began first with what was a second record braking snow storm that hit the NE with a vengeance. And the anticipation of finding out that I not only will need a single hernia operation, but three in all.
    Though this is not what you want to hear.
    What you really want and deserve to know about is how, and by whom it was that made this day the highlight of my recently past and dismal pipe smoking experience that I knew... Come completely full circle and into my new found state of what can only be described as a Piper's Nirvana.
    One that no other that our fine brother Daniel R. surely is well schooled at and really enjoys passing on the knowledge of what some sadly to say the least, may never come to know.
    Know... As in knowing. Much to do with this wonderful hobby and past time. One may need to live many lives before they'll achieve the knowledge of the finest pleasures of what a really fine tobacco has to offer.
    Today I was given a short cut into the abyss of what IS a first class pipe tobacco. One that will no doubt will lead me towards a narrower path. One that I shall astride to peruse willingly and gleefully.
    To that I owe much reverence and thanks to him. My new found mentor and generous brother of the leaf, Sir Daniel Rader

Now the goods! Tell me what you think... And the Tambo was cuch a delight!

A terrible storm hit the North Esat today...-daniel-raders-gift-me-001.jpgA terrible storm hit the North Esat today...-daniel-raders-gift-me-009.jpg
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

Re: A terrible storm hit the North Esat today...

Really really loved the Tambo. Gonna pick up some of it for sure.
    Very intoxicating spicy smoke and aroma. Reminiscent of a really fine cigar with all sorts of infusions that come go and intertwine like a deep Latakia blend.
    Loved the strength also. Allowed me the option of mixing it in a couple of bowls staggered with a bit of Dunhill’s Light Flake. The latter was smoked in a lightly used egg shaped cob.

The Penzance was a trip. Just one bowl to try.
    Kinda difficult to describe it, but one aspect I really enjoyed was this orange incense like taste and aroma.
    The smoke was mild with very little spice and sometimes a hint of chocolate was noticed.
    The musky aroma was very relaxing. I will return to this alluring blend on my next outing soon. Smoked out of a nicely seasoned Italian smooth brier straight billiard (Gasparini)
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

What an adventuresome these last ten days have been for me, thanks to our good friend and most gracious BOTL Daniel Rader.
    It has surely increased my perspective on piping .
    Due to these fine samplings, I have since begun my search and interest in maintaining my new state of awareness in tobacco I've since been exposed to.
    I am very grateful to have had the chance to be guided in this direction, as it has been just what I needed and what I had been missing all along. Thanks Dan!

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Awesome hit Dan!

Ya got some really good stuff there, Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by El wedo del milagro View Post
    Awesome hit Dan!

Ya got some really good stuff there, Jack.
    Thanks Mark. Pretty much all that Dan gifted to me, though phenomenal on their own, make for a really nice cut also. Much of that I suppose it due to the character and their superiorities.

Well, I just returned from a two week trip to Asia, and was pleasantly surprised with a package from Jack waiting for me upon my return. My wife told me I had a package "from one of my tobacco buddies" as she picked me up from the airport, which built the excitement as I rode toward the house (I was too exhausted to drive). Here's the goods...

What you see is a really nice letter, along with a brand spanking new Stanwell pipe - a real beauty! He also sent along a highly regarded Viaje Oro cigar (I have not had one, but its been on my list to try). What a wonderful welcome home present.

This is my first Stanwell, and I cant get over the beautiful figuring in the grain. I tried to show it in the picture. I think I'll make the inaugural smoke a nice big bowl of Tambo, since that seems to be one that you enjoy!

THANK YOU so very much Jack!!!!

Like a double hitter. That make me very happy in more than just one way. So glad you enjoyed the surprise Dan!
    Did you say a big bowl? LOL ( ;
    Well, it's Tambo, so that would be a great size for such a commending tobacco. Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by splattttttt View Post
    Like a double hitter. That make me very happy in more than just one way. So glad you enjoyed the surprise Dan!
    Did you say a big bowl? LOL ( ;
    Well, it's Tambo, so that would be a great size for such a commending tobacco. Welcome back!
    Yep, "big" for Tambo - that bowl size is actually perfect for most of my smoking. I can't thank you enough, Jack. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Yep, "big" for Tambo - that bowl size is actually perfect for most of my smoking. I can't thank you enough, Jack. I love it!
    WIN~WIN!