Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Got hit hard at the cigar shop today...

This is a discussion on Got hit hard at the cigar shop today... within the Pipe & Tobacco Bombs forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; First off, this person who did this is not on this forum. I wish he was so you guys can ...

Got hit hard at the cigar shop today...

First off, this person who did this is not on this forum. I wish he was so you guys can see his collection.

Today I walk into the cigar shop to go smoke with the guys. I sit down and talk about some things that are going on right now with me cause I was asked and as I finish, my one buddy looks at me and says, i have something for you. I thought he finished restoring some of the pipes he acquired a few weeks ago that are dated 1920-1950s. I told him I wanted to buy one. Anyhow, he showed me 3. I asked if it was from that collection and he said no. He stated he hand picked those for me. Real cool! So I asked how much cause I was ready to throw some cash for these and he said, "its a gift.". I kinda stared at him and I said, NO WAY! But he insisted on giving them to me.

Never got hit like that in person. I've had my fair share of bombs from this site but this one was a first for me.

The crazy shaped one is a Downie F3. The other with the round bowl is a Sunrise Amber Grain pipe. My buddy said its own/made by Comoy. I could be wrong. I was too excited to even listen..lol. And the brand new pipe I have no clue where its from. It says DENavit USA on the bottom.

If anyone is wondering, my buddy's name is Neill and he has a blog at Welcome to a Passion for Pipes - For smoking pipe and vintage tobacco collectors. This guy gets the type of baccy that you won't find anywhere cause the company has been out of business for decades. Every time he asks, "do you want to try this?", it usually means, enjoy it cause you'll never be able to buy it. lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got hit hard at the cigar shop today...-wr1_5660.jpg   Got hit hard at the cigar shop today...-wr1_5675.jpg   Got hit hard at the cigar shop today...-wr1_5693.jpg   Got hit hard at the cigar shop today...-wr1_5695.jpg   Got hit hard at the cigar shop today...-wr1_5696.jpg  

Got hit hard at the cigar shop today...-wr1_5703.jpg  
    Wilson Roa (aka: Will)
    www.wilsonroaphotography.com

Clampsmoquero Latakius Vituscan's Avatar

Re: Got hit hard at the cigar shop today...

Well, Neill really knocked you off your blocks! What a guy! When he was here in February he gifted me a 1920's F&T billiard that he just had refurbished by Richard Friedman. Neill is such a great asset to life, the universe and everything!

Fribourg & Treyer_3438 by GoerzDagor, on Flickr
    Credo quia absurdum!

Beautiful pipes. I especially like that first one (I have a weakness for pipes with a Cumberland stem). BTW- nice to see you are still smoking pipes, a lot of cigar smokers seem to give them a try and drift back to cigars.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

Wilson, can't think of a better BOTL to happen to! Happy piping!

Young Puffer Fish Anthony Johnson's Avatar

Awesome story! Beautiful pipes as well.
    If you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Can't seem to wrap my mind around that first one. The curves are simply stunning. Amazing pipes, lucky you.