Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

What would Joan do?

This is a discussion on What would Joan do? within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; [snork] I just felt like doing that....

No longer a community member.

Re: What would Joan do?

[snork]

I just felt like doing that.

Displaced Wild Monkey GKitty217's Avatar

Joan,

What is the recommended uniform for cabana boys? I've heard conflicting standards and I'd hate to offend my friends by attiring my pool staff in something inappropriate. I thought a speedo was the right thing to buy, but my friend said cabana boys should only be clad in thongs. Which is correct?

Sincerely,
    Torn in KC

just say no to stupid

Quote Originally Posted by DUCK View Post
    Okay... Here's one:

I can't get KASR's poker friends to put the lid down on the toilet, I even have resorted to post a sticky note on the back of the tank.

But alas, I still find one or both lids up all the time.

What would Joan do?
    Joan would probably ignore it because she would recognize that it is more important for men to lift the toilet sit than it is to put it back down...

This thread makes me smile!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by macjoe53 View Post
    Joan would probably ignore it because she would recognize that it is more important for men to lift the toilet sit than it is to put it back down...

This thread makes me smile!!!!!
    Then again, maybe Joan doesn't care if the seat is up or down...I think that her mind is on loftier things-like what next to do with her Kersaw???
    CigarGal aka Marianne

Why not? Shameless plug for my book. Here!

Quote Originally Posted by GKitty217 View Post
    Joan,

What is the recommended uniform for cabana boys? I've heard conflicting standards and I'd hate to offend my friends by attiring my pool staff in something inappropriate. I thought a speedo was the right thing to buy, but my friend said cabana boys should only be clad in thongs. Which is correct?

Sincerely,
    Torn in KC
    Dear Torn.

I think speedos are passe these days. Thongs are nice, escpecially if your parties have a certain theme to them. This is the 21st century! Go with what feels good!

Not Joan
    CigarGal aka Marianne

cain't spell Laphroaig

Quote Originally Posted by CigarGal View Post
    Then again, maybe Joan doesn't care if the seat is up or down...I think that her mind is on loftier things-like what next to do with her Kersaw???
    Hey! I think I answered that one already. That cool knife is long gone though, dang it.

While dressing out that ginormous deer I suffered an attack of the stupids. I mean, at the time the idea of hacking through the large bones of the carcass with the wee Kershaw sounded like it would work okaaay, particularly since I could not locate the hacksaw at that moment amid all the fishing gear on the boat.

The end came when I stuck the pelvic bone spot on. Ouch! I let go. The blade made that cartoon sproing-y sound and oscillated itself right out of the deer, flew upward in a perfect arc over my head and cleared the rigging into Lisianski Inlet, kerPLOOP! ARGH! [!!!!!!!]

Now, I AM a certified Divemaster, but 60 fathoms of 40F water, in November, even for a well loved knife, does not sound like a way big hoopy fun party dive. To me. [shrug]

In the dark at ~300' under, it's probably rusted into just about nothing by now. RIP Wee Kershaw! :-/
    [SIZE=4]WWJoanD? "[/SIZE][SIZE=4]I have NUBbed CigarGal. And it was good.[/SIZE][SIZE=4]" ---[/SIZE][SIZE=4]Joan
    [/SIZE]

cain't spell Laphroaig

Dear Torn.

I think speedos are passe these days. Thongs are nice, escpecially if your parties have a certain theme to them. This is the 21st century! Go with what feels good!

Not Joan
    Aaaah, yes! Marianne brings up an important topic in successful cabana management about which I am valiantly educating: lack of uniforms.

WWJD?

Joan requir^^^ encourages her cabana boys to shake their moneymakers au naturale.

Going the Joan Way means no Speedo jealousy, no fighting over who's thong is larger or smaller, every CB's mojito muddler is easily accessible for everyone's enjoyment, and that drycleaning expense disappears!
    Last edited by Joan; 01-31-2008 at 11:49 PM.
    [SIZE=4]WWJoanD? "[/SIZE][SIZE=4]I have NUBbed CigarGal. And it was good.[/SIZE][SIZE=4]" ---[/SIZE][SIZE=4]Joan
    [/SIZE]

Exiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Joan View Post
    Aaaah, yes! Marianne brings up an important topic in successful cabana management about which I am valiantly educating: lack of uniforms.

WWJD?

Joan requir^^^ encourages her cabana boys to shake their moneymakers au naturale.

Going the Joan Way means is no Speedo jealousy, no fighting over who's thong is larger or smaller, every CB's mojito muddler is easily accessible for everyone's enjoyment, and that drycleaning expense disappears!
    I wish I could have come up with an answer as good as that. BRAVO, Joan.

Not Here

Quote Originally Posted by Joan View Post

WWJD?

Going the Joan Way means no Speedo jealousy, no fighting over who's thong is larger or smaller, every CB's mojito muddler is easily accessible for everyone's enjoyment, and that drycleaning expense disappears!

Yes, but this could lead to Muddler envy amongst the CB's...
    [SIZE=2]
    “Don’t talk to me about naval tradition.
    It’s nothing but rum, sodomy, and the lash.”
    Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by DriftyGypsy View Post
    Some group therapy may be required...
    CigarGal aka Marianne

Exiled.

Some group therapy may be required...
    One can only hope, Sista!

Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.

Awaiting Confirmation

Reluctantly, I must withdraw as Joan's cabana boy. I just don't want to be intimidating all the others.

Meh....

Sounds a lot like Key West on any given weekend......

Waiting for the Nub Lancero............

Not Here

Quote Originally Posted by vstrommark View Post
    Reluctantly, I must withdraw as Joan's cabana boy. I just don't want to be intimidating all the others.
    So you don't want to muddle through this...
    [SIZE=2]
    “Don’t talk to me about naval tradition.
    It’s nothing but rum, sodomy, and the lash.”
    Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
    [/SIZE]

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast