Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

What would Joan do?

This is a discussion on What would Joan do? within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by vstrommark Reluctantly, I must withdraw as Joan's cabana boy. I just don't want to be intimidating all ...

Re: What would Joan do?

Quote Originally Posted by vstrommark View Post
    Reluctantly, I must withdraw as Joan's cabana boy. I just don't want to be intimidating all the others.
    Wow! What a noble gesture!
    CigarGal aka Marianne

Why not? Shameless plug for my book. Here!

Awaiting Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by CigarGal View Post
    Wow! What a noble gesture!
    You might even say that it was big of me.

shame!!!
    CigarGal aka Marianne

Not Here

Not really... it's just a little thing...
    [SIZE=2]
    “Don’t talk to me about naval tradition.
    It’s nothing but rum, sodomy, and the lash.”
    Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
    [/SIZE]

Awaiting Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by DriftyGypsy View Post
    Not really... it's just a little thing...
    Fenton, you bastage!

cain't spell Laphroaig

Reluctantly, I must withdraw as Joan's cabana boy. I just don't want to be intimidating all the others.
    [pout!]

WWJD?

Joan does not play favorites; she appreciates each cabana boy equally well, and individually according to their unique gifts.

[SIZE=4]WWJoanD? "[/SIZE][SIZE=4]I have NUBbed CigarGal. And it was good.[/SIZE][SIZE=4]" ---[/SIZE][SIZE=4]Joan
    [/SIZE]

My vote for #1 thread is "What would Joan do?".

Can't let this one die.

Now what would Joan do today?
    Last edited by Zoomschwortz; 02-03-2008 at 01:41 PM.
    The United States does not lose wars on the field. Our wars are lost on the home front, by citizens that do not realize, or possibly do not care that they are giving aid, comfort and encouragement to the enemy.

Finally have the power back on!! Five feet of snow in our little town. Now, my choice today is to shovel snow or play bridge...what would Joan do??
    CigarGal aka Marianne

Awaiting Confirmation

Finally have the power back on!! Five feet of snow in our little town. Now, my choice today is to shovel snow or play bridge...what would Joan do??
    I'm pretty sure that Joan would find a strapping high schooler to do the shoveling and then join you to play bridge, twister, or whatever.

I have got to ask a question.

WWJMTS? or Why would Joan move to Seattle?

After reading your post's, I see you have lived in Alaska and your Grand Mother lived in Lewis County (much quieter than Seattle). To me, these places would be like heaven.

WWJMTS where you have a better chance of seeing little old men wearing a short dresses, fish net stockings and red pumps than you do seeing deer, fish and wildlife?
    The United States does not lose wars on the field. Our wars are lost on the home front, by citizens that do not realize, or possibly do not care that they are giving aid, comfort and encouragement to the enemy.

Ah Seattle! I've been there a few times and it is a beautiful place, teetering on the edge of the wilderness. I think I would prefer to live outside the city-don't like the crowds. I wonder also what brings an adventerous gal like Joan to the concrete jungle.
    CigarGal aka Marianne

cain't spell Laphroaig

I'm pretty sure that Joan would find a strapping high schooler to do the shoveling and then join you to play bridge, twister, or whatever.
    Mark's got Joan pretty well figured out!

Bridge or Twister? Hmmm... depends on who's playing!

Oopsie, that marg went down scary fast!
    [SIZE=4]WWJoanD? "[/SIZE][SIZE=4]I have NUBbed CigarGal. And it was good.[/SIZE][SIZE=4]" ---[/SIZE][SIZE=4]Joan
    [/SIZE]

cain't spell Laphroaig

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomschwortz View Post
    I have got to ask a question.

WWJMTS? or Why would Joan move to Seattle?

After reading your post's, I see you have lived in Alaska and your Grand Mother lived in Lewis County (much quieter than Seattle). To me, these places would be like heaven.

WWJMTS where you have a better chance of seeing little old men wearing a short dresses, fish net stockings and red pumps than you do seeing deer, fish and wildlife?

Well Ken, I like to think I had my golden years first, you know like eating dessert first, living the way I wanted, where they PAY you to haul beautiful salmon in over the rail, those flashing silver, muscular sixty pound Kings, red, rigid ice cold Sockeye almost too stiff to clean, bringing in my own venison.... yeah. That's it.

Rest of the story best told over beer.
    [/SIZE]

Displaced Wild Monkey GKitty217's Avatar

When a co-worker is behaving like an insolent child, which is the better course?

A) Be the bigger person and ignore their immature behavior.
    B) Pretend they don't exist and spend the whole day hiding in your cubicle.
    C) Press their proverbial buttons until they throw themselves on the floor and throw a fit complete with kicking and crying.

Personally, I'm leaning toward C, but I don't want to make an office faux pas and that is usually a direct route to the unemployment line and I like my monies.

Sincerely,
    Opressed in KC
    Truth, after all, wears a different face to everybody, and it would be too tedious to wait till all were agreed." ~James Russell Lowell

Awaiting Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by GKitty217 View Post
    When a co-worker is behaving like an insolent child, which is the better course?

A) Be the bigger person and ignore their immature behavior.
    B) Pretend they don't exist and spend the whole day hiding in your cubicle.
    C) Press their proverbial buttons until they throw themselves on the floor and throw a fit complete with kicking and crying.
    D) Ask them if they lost their binky

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast