Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Obey or Disobey?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Smoke away!! He'll never notice!!

22 41.51%
  • Respect your father's wishes

31 58.49%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

hmmmm to smoke or not so smoke...

This is a discussion on hmmmm to smoke or not so smoke... within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; My dad( Fortunate_Son ) is up in Canada on business and received a couple of packages the other day.... Now ...

hmmmm to smoke or not so smoke...

My dad(Fortunate_Son) is up in Canada on business and received a couple of packages the other day....

Now the right thing to do would be to store them nicely in his vinodoor like a good son, but something tells me if there was ever a time to disobey him, why not have a tasty camacho to take some of the guilt out of my mouth?

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish 4thtry's Avatar

Re: hmmmm to smoke or not so smoke...

Assuming you've spent your years on this earth as a kind obeying, faithful son & have never done anything significant to disobey him......oh yeah, burn one up
    The only problem with doing nothing, is never knowing when you're done.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes smokeyscotch's Avatar

You have probably already pondered this, hence the poll.
    But, how would you want him to handle your packages if the roles were reversed? Of course, this is coming from a guy that ate a cookie from a huge bowl as a kid, that was going to a wedding. I said, "They don't know how many cookies there was." Somehow that did not make my mom happier.
    Tim

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish 4thtry's Avatar

yeah, but if you just got that many smokes in the mail....would you really care if your FATHER smoked one? i know i sure as hell wouldn't.
    The only problem with doing nothing, is never knowing when you're done.

Boo-Frickity-Hoo

Its your dad. Would he not share a stick with you? I say smoke and let him know you are doing it. I would expect nothing less from my father or him from me. Enjoy.

Ryan

Exiled.

Yeah ... I think you need to smoke one of the PAMs. I mean ... they could be poisoned or something and you want to be sure your dad is getting "safe" sticks. It's all for him, in the end....

Elder Puffer Fish Leader shilala's Avatar

I bet if you're around when he gets there and you let him know how much you'd like a smoke, he'll give it to you.
    If you just take one, it'll deny him the pleasure of sharing with you.
    That'd be a pretty dick thing to do.

Puffer Fish with many spikes fizguy's Avatar

You used the word "disobey." Did he tell you not to smoke them, or "keep out of my stash," or something like that? In that case I would advise NOT smoking.

But as many here have implied, he may not mind if you enjoy one of his sticks. In that case it is not disobedience!

Newbie in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by shilala View Post
    I bet if you're around when he gets there and you let him know how much you'd like a smoke, he'll give it to you.
    If you just take one, it'll deny him the pleasure of sharing with you.
    That'd be a pretty dick thing to do.
    This is what I would do. It is more generous to allow your dad the chance to share with you.

Note to self: don't let Cheeto babysit my smokes...

Aardvark Taxidermist BagfullofPings's Avatar

I work in a family business. I do alot of bitch boy jobs for my dad. These bitch boy jobs have nothing to do with our business, and they are on top of my family bitch boy jobs. You want to take me out of the office because you are lazy and I will lose time with my family. Guess what dad...you are gonna get taxed.

Son, what happened to the PAM 64's in my Elie Bleu and I'm missing a bottle of Silver Oak (Napa). Sorry dad, that was bitch boy tax.

Most likely, you do not have this type of circumstance. If you have a good relationship with your dad, call and ask. I'm sure dad will say yes.

If you are a bitch boy (like me), pretend you are the IRS!!

Wink Re: hmmmm to smoke or not so smoke...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
    My dad(Fortunate_Son) is up in Canada on business and received a couple of packages the other day....

Now the right thing to do would be to store them nicely in his vinodoor like a good son, but something tells me if there was ever a time to disobey him, why not have a tasty camacho to take some of the guilt out of my mouth?
    Imagine your surprise when he gets home and you find out that the smokes were yours all along. With a little gift he comes home with. Ooops, you don't get the gift or the smokes because you couldn't follow a simple request. Tisk..tisk.

Isn't that how it all started with Adam and Eve? What was it their father told them never to do....Hummmm. What did it cost them? Hummm I'm trying to remember.

5 things that make life worth living; a good relationship with God, a good woman, good hlth, good friends, and a fine cigar.

Thumbs up Re: hmmmm to smoke or not so smoke...

Don't do it. Instead, go out and purchase two of his favorites for you both to smoke on his return.
    I draw, but I don't inhale.
    My $s go down in drink or up in smoke!
    Help find cures, join Team Helix.

I Do Medical Things partagaspete's Avatar

Obey thy Father. He didn't say anything about sending some out in bombs though did he

Seriously, They need the rest anyway. patience my friend you will be rewarding in the future.

T
    Check this out: www.beersofeurope.co.uk

If it felt good saying it...it was probably the wrong thing to say.

R.I.P. Lowland Louie. Gone but not forgotten.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast