Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

rant and banter of skittles police!

This is a discussion on rant and banter of skittles police! within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; A bit off subject but senseless none the less. A kid in my Cub Scout pack got sent to the ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes

Re: rant and banter of skittles police!

A bit off subject but senseless none the less. A kid in my Cub Scout pack got sent to the Principal's office because they were standing in a circle talking. Standing in circles are against the rules as they might exclude someone.

Quote Originally Posted by BigVito View Post
    # Story Highlights
    # 8th grader Michael Sheridan bought bag of skittles from a classmate last month
    # That violates school wellness policy, which bans candy sales, spokeswoman says
    # Sheridan suspended, stripped of his title as class VP, barred from honors dinner
    # Honors student says he didn't know about school's zero-candy policy
    I guess from the purely legalistic sense of this, the suspension and impeachment are justified. But c'mon, seriously?

I just want to know one thing. What is this gonna cost the school district in defenses? I bet it's more than the kid sold the pack of Skittles for.

However, for the record, leafy green vegetables are against my wellness plan that consists of beer and anything fried. Anyone caught trying to sell me something in violation of my wellness plan will be whipped by Replicant Argent, who moonlights as a dungeon master.
    You couldn't pay me enough to post here...Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Twill413 View Post
    I guess from the purely legalistic sense of this, the suspension and impeachment are justified. But c'mon, seriously?

I just want to know one thing. What is this gonna cost the school district in defenses? I bet it's more than the kid sold the pack of Skittles for.

However, for the record, leafy green vegetables are against my wellness plan that consists of beer and anything fried. Anyone caught trying to sell me something in violation of my wellness plan will be whipped by Replicant Argent, who moonlights as a dungeon master.
    I don't agree with the policy. I ate skittles in high school, look how I turned out

This space owned by Puff. Jbailey's Avatar

I don't agree with the policy. I ate skittles in high school, look how I turned out
    Exactly!
    Goodbye Louie

Quote Originally Posted by Jbailey View Post
    Exactly!
    what are you implying.

I Take Foggy Photos publicspeakingnerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Opusfxd View Post
    A bit off subject but senseless none the less. A kid in my Cub Scout pack got sent to the Principal's office because they were standing in a circle talking. Standing in circles are against the rules as they might exclude someone.
    You're joking, right?!

I can't believe what a (what fark.com would call it) nanny state we are becoming.

I remember when running in the hallways would get you, at max, bitched at by the teacher. I can't imagine what it would get you now.
    -Shanna
    "In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."-Calo from "The Godfather"

This space owned by Puff. Jbailey's Avatar

what are you implying.
    Nothing

Wonder what would happen if you were standing in a circle eating skittles?
    Goodbye Louie

Nothing

would that cancel it out?

pushing people into doors, and throwing tables used to get you sent to the office

They'd probably make you stay after school------with Debra Lafave

WyoBob
    WyoBob

Elder Puffer Fish Leader kheffelf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zemekone View Post
    pretty black and white to me:

he broke the rules, so he gets busted...

he didnt know he broke the rules, so they clear the boy's record and restore him to his student council post...

please enlighten me...
    I'm with you on this one, the kid broke the rules of the school which he attends and has to abide to. Not saying the rule isn't dumb, but that is how it is. Ignorance is no excuse for not knowing the rules.
    When I hold you in my arms, And I feel my finger on your trigger, I know no one can do me no harm, Because happiness is a warm gun.
    - the Beatles

Quote Originally Posted by kheffelf View Post
    I'm with you on this one, the kid broke the rules of the school which he attends and has to abide to. Not saying the rule isn't dumb, but that is how it is. Ignorance is no excuse for not knowing the rules.
    If that's the case, then we would still have segregation. Sometimes rules need to be broken to show that they are in fact, ridiculous.
    You couldn't pay me enough to post here...Just sayin'

we all break rules.

Not Here

You know, you people are something. The kid broke the rules, and you are telling me that an honors student who is student council vice-president doesn't know the rules. The kid selling the candy knew the rules, there is no mention of what happened to him. Think he got suspended as well? The rule in your opinion may be stupid (okay, my opinion as well) but, it is a rule. The rule is in place for a reason. Maybe, now the parents will do something constructive like pay attention to what is going on in school. There many schools around here who have stopped selling candy and other snacks in the school because they are being blamed by the parents for their kids being over-weight. Then when kids get caught breaking rules that parents forced on school districts the parents raise cain.

It has happened here, an honor student got expelled for carrying a knife in school, a small swiss army knife but a knife never the less. His parents raised a lot of noise because their little darling wouldn't do something bad. The schools zero tolerance policy is wrong. Sorry, without a zero tolerance policy the school leaves itself open to law suits. Even with one they can get sued, but they are more defensible that way. A policy like this has to be enforced no matter what or whom otherwise it will not work.

If you do not agree with school policies, then become active go to school board meetings, make you voice heard, work in the system. How many of you know if your child's school has this type of policy.
    [SIZE=2]
    “Don’t talk to me about naval tradition.
    It’s nothing but rum, sodomy, and the lash.”
    Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
    [/SIZE]

theyre is also zero tolerance for religion except if your muslim then they will give you a footbath or provide pray matts to not offend anybody when it offends me when a teacher can't say God or a excerpt from the bible or torah without getting the third degree. its politics. samething with fighting, if the kids fight they are both suspended just because someone will sue either the teacher trying to sperate them or the kid who got his ass kicked. the public school system has gone completely down the toilet.
    "A fine cigar is the essence of life. "
    -King Edward VII of England

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast