Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

rant and banter of skittles police!

This is a discussion on rant and banter of skittles police! within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; look at this garbage they suspended this kid for.. a bag of skittles. not drugs, a fine cigar, weapons no ...

rant and banter of skittles police!

look at this garbage they suspended this kid for.. a bag of skittles. not drugs, a fine cigar, weapons no just a bag of candy he bought from his friend. what kind of world are we living in when we let a bunch stalinist bureaucrats tell our kids what they eat. ill tell my kids what they eat not the goverment. there is no federal or state law that backs this up.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/12/ski...=ib_topstories

by what they have done the candy man would be taken off in handcuffs if he came to that school.

-just in case you miss the old days enjoy a little sammy davis jr.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yecJaqMqQLc
    "A fine cigar is the essence of life. "
    -King Edward VII of England

Re: rant and banter of skittles police!

If skittles are illegal then I should be doing life at Parchment.
    "Make all you can, save all you can, give all you can."

-John Wesley

Scratching Itches chippewastud79's Avatar

Wow, that is so terrible. They should suspend the principal for being an ass.
    You can never have too many cigars, they are like an investment in good times.

Quote Originally Posted by smokering10 View Post
    look at this garbage they suspended this kid for.. a bag of skittles. not drugs, a fine cigar, weapons no just a bag of candy he bought from his friend. what kind of world are we living in when we let a bunch stalinist bureaucrats tell our kids what they eat. ill tell my kids what they eat not the goverment. there is no federal or state law that backs this up.

by what they have done the candy man would be taken off in handcuffs if he came to that school.

How ironic, "Skittles" is a slang term for Coricidin sometimes used in high doses as a recreational drug because it contains the psychoactive drug dextromethorphan, classified as a Dissociative; Psychedelic; Cough Suppressant.

Yes, how true and sad.

"aspera! per aspera! per ardua! ad astra!"

zero tolerance has gotten out of hand! Jeezus. Im usually against home schooling, but if this isnt a case for it I dont know.

Brad

real men drive Flat Sixes
    Quote Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
    Some people are not worth the lead it would take to make them assume room temperature.
    I live life like i race, Wide Open throttle until you see god, then BRAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by tzaddi View Post
    How ironic, "Skittles" is a slang term for Coricidin sometimes used in high doses as a recreational drug because it contains the psychoactive drug dextromethorphan, classified as a Dissociative; Psychedelic; Cough Suppressant.

Yes, how true and sad.
    I watch Intervention on A & E and they had one were the guy used DXM. Wow was he messed up. Overuse causes brain damage.

In regards to the story...WTF is all I have to say.
    You couldn't pay me enough to post here...Just sayin'

i draw the conclusion that if we allow a someone to institute national or "universal" healthcare then we will have more of this in our lives. A goverment that grants you healthcare can deny you and put restrictions on what you do or else youll get your ass dropped. it runs the same lines as smoking or what kind of food restraunts are permited to sell or cook with. at the local highschool where i live they have to sell french frys with a sandwhich, you have to take it, and no salt shakers aloud to the kids.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Ms. Detroit's Avatar

Red face Re: rant and banter of skittles police!

As a teacher you would be amazed at the crap the kids are suspened for!!

pretty black and white to me:

he broke the rules, so he gets busted...

he didnt know he broke the rules, so they clear the boy's record and restore him to his student council post...

please enlighten me...
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...eys/AR15-1.gif A Person that says something cant be done, shouldn't interrupt me actually fukking doing it! http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ys/LAR15-1.gif

[SIZE="4"]
    Icehog3 and pnoon '08
    Rock the Vote
    [/SIZE]

No longer a community member. pnoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokering10 View Post

Hello? No one has prohibited what you tell your kids they can eat. The school rule that was broken was the SALE of candy. Maybe you missed that in the article before going off on your rant.

# Story Highlights
    # 8th grader Michael Sheridan bought bag of skittles from a classmate last month
    # That violates school wellness policy, which bans candy sales, spokeswoman says
    # Sheridan suspended, stripped of his title as class VP, barred from honors dinner
    # Honors student says he didn't know about school's zero-candy policy

haha this is hilarious! i remember the good ole days of stiring up trouble at school.

i mean c'mon now. suspended for selling candy. there has to be more important things to worry about unless this kid was starting a "turf war" of candy sales. "10 skittles for a dollar!"

Quote Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
    Hello? No one has prohibited what you tell your kids they can eat. The school rule that was broken was the SALE of candy. Maybe you missed that in the article before going off on your rant.
    how can you ban what my kid brings to school. the school cant supply it. i just dont want some moron teacher telling my kid since he brought in candy then hes done. they got him for having it and another articlle which goes in further into it the principal said it was a security threat for him to have money. no school rule can say that my kid cant bring in candy or money. the school rule book said no bake sales but not kids doing it out of his lunch box.
    Last edited by smokering10; 03-13-2008 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zemekone View Post
    pretty black and white to me:

he broke the rules, so he gets busted...

he didnt know he broke the rules, so they clear the boy's record and restore him to his student council post...

please enlighten me...
    1-its the fact that no rule was broken just they used their power to suspend him

2-there is no legaly binding law that says a kid cant sell candy to another friend.

3-i dont want my tax money to go to a highly uniozied grouped of people who walk around patting down kids not for drugs or weapons but for candy. teach the kids english,math,and history not worrying what little johny or susie is eating for lunch. if i wanted my kid to eat a bag of sugar i danm well have the right not some moron in a suit.

if it was my kid
    1- take him to a private school

2- give him a whole box of candy to eat for lunch, a garbage bag full of it
    -yes a little childish i know

what you think those teachers desk don't have candy in them or that bafon principal doesn't scarf down a bag of mms or his desk is bulging with the junk.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast