Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Why did I tell my wife I'd QUIT???

This is a discussion on Why did I tell my wife I'd QUIT??? within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by 25box wow 6 sticks! I thought I was doing good with 1 a night while I was ...

Re: Why did I tell my wife I'd QUIT???

Quote Originally Posted by 25box View Post
    wow 6 sticks! I thought I was doing good with 1 a night while I was deployed to Balad. What she doesn't know won't hurt her - But honesty is the best policy.
    Yeah, and I was on the road 12 hours a day, too. I will never forget this: my convoy was stopped on ASR Ginger waiting for an IED to be cleared. We'd been there a bit so I lit up a Don Tomas. About five minutes later we started taking small arms fire from the east- I raised up my M4 and smacked my stogie with it! I moved the cigar quickly to the left side of my mouth and returned fire, puffing away to keep the smoke lit.

Unfortunately, the cigar didn't burn properly after that. I was very upset at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TikiHut27 View Post
    Yeah, and I was on the road 12 hours a day, too. I will never forget this: my convoy was stopped on ASR Ginger waiting for an IED to be cleared. We'd been there a bit so I lit up a Don Tomas. About five minutes later we started taking small arms fire from the east- I raised up my M4 and smacked my stogie with it! I moved the cigar quickly to the left side of my mouth and returned fire, puffing away to keep the smoke lit.

Unfortunately, the cigar didn't burn properly after that. I was very upset at the time.
    It seems like forever sence thouse days of 5-tons with weled on steel and using bulets for armor on ginger and tampa. I would ake them again to be back under a comand that didn't care you where smoking so long as you where shooting.

As far as he promises you may find your wife so happy to have you back again she will forgive a stogie while you mow the lawn just because she dosent have to any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Z View Post
    As far as he promises you may find your wife so happy to have you back again she will forgive a stogie while you mow the lawn just because she dosent have to any more.
    After I just bought her that new lawn mower for her birthday? I would never be that uncaring.

Quote Originally Posted by TikiHut27 View Post
    After I just bought her that new lawn mower for her birthday? I would never be that uncaring.
    The gift every woman longs for....sweeet!!

Vodka is food....who's hungry?

You're welcome, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
    The gift every woman longs for....sweeet!!
    No, seriously. She's back home and our old mower stopped self-propelling. So she went to Sears and got a new one. So during last week's phone call I told her I was happy she did that so that now I don't have to buy her a birthday present.

Did you know that you can HEAR a glare through international phone lines?

For real I sent her a fur coat, a star sapphire and gold pendant, and a silver bracelet I had made with 7 mounted star sapphires (she likes sapphires). And a small jewelry box and a lapis lazuli carving. All bazaar purchases but she should be happy, although she doesn't know the package is coming.

How she hasn't killed me because of my warped sense of humor after 12 years of marriage is beyond me. I consider myself very lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Z View Post
    Z- I'm sure she would.

But to drop my previosly mentioned warped sense of humor for a second, and to get back on track, the key issue is I promised her (and I value my promises) and furthermore with regard to this particular slippery slope (which I tread upon wearing teflon shoes), I feel it will only be a matter of time before that lawn-mowing cigar turns to a three-a-day habit again. All or nothing, I'm afraid.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Mad Hatter's Avatar

Maybe tell her you changed your mind
    MOO spelled up-side-down and backwards is OOW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2