Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How would you feel about somthing like this?

This is a discussion on How would you feel about somthing like this? within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; ...

How would you feel about somthing like this?

I know it will pass I just need to vent a little.

I started going to a B&M for the last couple weeks and liked it pretty much, The truth is I didn't really go crazy for their seating arrangements but I enjoyed the company which I think that's what counts the most.

I would usually go to a different place which I like the company even better but I felt it was to cramped.

So here's what bothered me, I understand every one has the right to make their own rules but I think there is something called appreciation.

I recently got in to pipes and was looking to get a nice churchwarden pipe. After all the looking on the net and local I decided to go for the one they had, It came out to allmost $90. I sit down and light up that new pipe and as usual Put out on the table my Diet Snapple. I usually have spring water but I just happen to have that drink with me and I like to drink while smoking here and there. After a few minutes one of the workers comes over to me and says know for next time, you can't have your own drinks here. I asked him do I need to put it away. he said no, but just that you know for next time. I'm not saying he said it in a nasty way but come on, a guy buys a pipe, you want him to come back be nice to the man, maybe next time or on the way out tell him yah know we have a policy etc... blah blah, ok, so 5 minutes later the store manager come with the same speech, yah know the store policy doesnít allow out side drink,, blah blah blah. I asked one of the guys there is it because you sell water? he said yes, they sell Poland spring, the smaller one which you would pay in most places a dollar they want three dollars.

I thought it wasnít so nice, if your focusing on cigars and pipes and they make big bucks, they worry if a customer enjoys his smoke with his own Snapple.

Re: How would you feel about somthing like this?

That is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. At the end of the day, they risk losing a good customer over not being able to sell you a $3 bottle of water? Thatís a load of

Awaiting Confirmation

If that's the rule, then that's the rule. It's your call if you are going to drink their water or go without.

My thoughts are that you are being a bit silly for complaining, since it is, as you point out, their store. Personally, I would not consider bringing my own beverage into a cigar store, whether they sell any or not. But that's just me.

my fav B&M is also a liquor store and the owners refuse to charge me money for the softdrinks or the beers I drink when i'm there. I can't relate to your problem anyway, but it reminds me how lucky I am with my B&M.

Quote Originally Posted by vstrommark View Post
    Personally, I would not consider bringing my own beverage into a cigar store, whether they sell any or not. But that's just me.
    I've taken many beverages into cigar shops. And I've never heard of one that had a policy against bringing in outside drinks. Of course, it's their store so it's their decision. But, personally, I just wouldn't go back.
    [SIZE="1"]For Rent[/SIZE]

No longer a community member. pnoon's Avatar

If that's the rule, then that's the rule. It's your call if you are going to drink their water or go without.

My thoughts are that you are being a bit silly for complaining, since it is, as you point out, their store. Personally, I would not consider bringing my own beverage into a cigar store, whether they sell any or not. But that's just me.

Yes, you did purchase a pipe from them. And they did allow you to drink the Snapple you brought. Just informed you of the store policy for next time. And if they were to allow you to always bring your own beverage in, who would they sell the water to? The guy who spendt $75? $50? $10?

You say you only started going there a couple of weeks ago. If I were the owner/manager, I would hardly call you a regular (yet).

My suggestion is to continue to patronize the establishment and maybe down the road when they recognize you as a true regular (one who regularly spends money there) they might ease the restriction for you.

Thats my point, I'm not complaining. I just think I can buy my sticks where they allow me to dring my water.

And if you belive it or not,The cargnie Club true they have a cutting fee but they asked me not to bring my drinks because they have a bar, but guess what, they give me water, with a piece of lemon, oh and Ice for freeeee. And they serve it to me on a platter.

You might have a point, but how do you make people want to come back?

Quote Originally Posted by pnoon View Post

Yes, you did purchase a pipe from them. And they did allow you to drink the Snapple you brought. Just informed you of the store policy for next time. And if they were to allow you to always bring your own beverage in, who would they sell the water to? The guy who spendt $75? $50? $10?

You say you only started going there a couple of weeks ago. If I were the owner/manager, I would hardly call you a regular (yet).

My suggestion is to continue to patronize the establishment and maybe down the road when they recognize you as a true regular (one who regularly spends money there) they might ease the restriction for you.

Quote Originally Posted by croatan View Post
    I've taken many beverages into cigar shops. And I've never heard of one that had a policy against bringing in outside drinks. Of course, it's their store so it's their decision. But, personally, I just wouldn't go back.
    Even into places that sell their own? I can understand if the establishment doesn't offer any thing but if they do, I understand their position.

Personally, I probably wouldn't go there either BUT, given that I like everything else about the place, it is a small concession to make. And, as I stated, if I become a regular patron, down the road they might make an exception for me.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFire View Post
    You might have a point, but how do you make people want to come back?
    By offering a comfortable and enjoyable place to enjoy a smoke.

By your same logic, in a restaurant/bar, you should be allowed to bring in any drink the establishment doesn't offer. Even high end restaurants will charge a corkage fee for bringing in your own wine.

Exactly!!!!!

By offering a comfortable and enjoyable place to enjoy a smoke.

By your same logic, in a restaurant/bar, you should be allowed to bring in any drink the establishment doesn't offer. Even high end restaurants will charge a corkage fee for bringing in your own wine.

Even into places that sell their own? I can understand if the establishment doesn't offer any thing but if they do, I understand their position.

Personally, I probably wouldn't go there either BUT, given that I like everything else about the place, it is a small concession to make. And, as I stated, if I become a regular patron, down the road they might make an exception for me.
    Never been to one that sells water (at least that I know of). Been to many that give it away, though. Yeah, if I really dug the place, I'd go back. In and of itself, it's really not that big of a deal. My guess is, though, that if they're making that big of a deal about selling water, I'm probably not going to like the guys running it anyway (but I am kind of a dick ).
    [SIZE="1"]For Rent[/SIZE]

Chest Beating Pack Leader [OT] Loki's Avatar

they want you to pay $3 for water....the hell is it a movie theater? I've taken my own beverages to all the shops I go to and no one has said anything....including the one that sells soda for $0.50/can. Course I didn't know that at the time and I haven't done it since. I'd be finding a new shop, there were better ways to handle the situation then they did. it's not what they did but how they did it that would drive me away
    There's no time to explain get in the

The truth is, I should make it a little more clear. I'm not so angry that I'm saying I'd never go back there, but it was a turn off for me.

It's all about what you do for your patrons.

Giving them a bad time about an outside drink is not the way to gain repeat business.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast