Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Corporate BS VENTING forum

This is a discussion on Corporate BS VENTING forum within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Ok, for all you folks that have to deal with the corp life like me.. I had a great one ...

Corporate BS VENTING forum

Ok, for all you folks that have to deal with the corp life like me.. I had a great one today.

Don't get me wrong, I have worked in this world for a long time, most of which with the same company. Here is my VENT today:

I am in the middle of a relo, my 7th with this company. For 20 yrs I have moved where ever, whenever they wanted. I am living in corp housing in Fresno, moving from Wichita KS, close on a house I can barely afford on the 20th of June, and attempting to sell a house I will end up taking a corp buy out on, loosing $35k in 14 days.

I get a call today asking if I would consider moving up north in less than 12 months, a restructure of my posistion.

I have a 12 yr old girl, a 4 yr old girl, and a wife who has moved with me and this company 7 times, from CA to Kansas, and back. We havn't even closed on the house yet... come on.
    i am just venting here, because this was communicated to me in the upmost "CONFIDENCE", meaning if I tell anyone im done.
    I just needed to vent.. because if I told my wife, who by the way is living at our old house, 2000 miles away, she would blow a freaking gasket...
    DAMIT... I NEED A F'n Drink....................

and a cigar...

mark
    Mark-
    Come join the NEWBIE PIF (PASS IT FORWARD) your intro to trading. http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=68003

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Re: Corporate BS VENTING forum

Seems to me that in these troubling times that a good employer that you can communicate with (especially since you stand to lose money on the new house) and that will work with you is not a bad thing to have. It does suck to uproot the kids though. Thoughts and prayers sent.

scottie

Quote Originally Posted by volfan View Post
    Seems to me that in these troubling times that a good employer that you can communicate with (especially since you stand to lose money on the new house) and that will work with you is not a bad thing to have. It does suck to uproot the kids though. Thoughts and prayers sent.

scottie
    Thanks brother... calmed down a bit... nice to have a place to vent, know what I mean...
    Mark-
    Come join the NEWBIE PIF (PASS IT FORWARD) your intro to trading. http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=68003

No longer a community member.

I hear your pain. I work for the most miserable prick in the universe so can totally relate to what you are going through.

Actually, been away from corporate america for awhile. Our business started small and now might be construed as approaching the perspective of "corporate". It's a good heads up to always stay in touch with a companies most valuable asset.. it's people, thanks for sharing.

I feel for you man, relocations suck.

Really, I am just sick of corporate BS in general. The place I work isn't worth raising my blood pressure over. At this point they are just an interim job until I find someplace better. They have already wronged me enough that I won't even give them notice when I do accept an offer.
    I'm in ur humidorz, collectin ur Gurkhas!