Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42

Next time I won't waste my breath!

This is a discussion on Next time I won't waste my breath! within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; my FAVORITE is when i hold the door for someone and they don't say anything!!?? no thank you! no smile! ...

  
  1. #16

    guess i'm not allowed thr Jay Hemingway's Avatar


     

    Re: Next time I won't waste my breath!

    my FAVORITE is when i hold the door for someone and they don't say anything!!?? no thank you! no smile! no head nod! not even a "thanks for holding the door stupid!"........inside i feel like BITING them in the face...instead i just say very loudly "YEA NO PROBLEM AT ALL, YOUR WELCOME!", "DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!"....hahahaha it makes them even more miserable, plus everyone around looks and gets that i held the door for them and they didn't say thanks.

  2. #17

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Next time I won't waste my breath!

    Morton Downey Jr.

    MCS

  3. #18

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Next time I won't waste my breath!

    Quote Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
    Thanks for sharing.

  4. #19

    No longer a community member. pnoon's Avatar


     

    Re: Next time I won't waste my breath!

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
    You need to lighten up, Darrell.

  5. #20

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Next time I won't waste my breath!

    Quote Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
    You need to lighten up, Darrell.
    I was screwing around, Peter. Perhaps you need to lighten up?

  6. #21

    I HeArT ThIs PlAcE... zemekone's Avatar


     

    Re: Next time I won't waste my breath!

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
    I really hate it when I take the time to greet someone here in the shop and they ignore me. This customer Russ, he's most likely late 50's comes in and I say, "Hey Russ, how's it going man?" and he looks at me and snickers and walks away.

    Anyone who has met me knows I don't whisper when I talk, I don't yell but my voice carries. So he heard me and chose to ignore me.

    It irritates me that people lack common courtesy.

    Well **** that asshole, next time I won't waste my breath.

    Prick.

    [/rant]

    are u serious? thats coustomer service! who cares if he/she didnt hear you? i work retail too, and i greet all my coustomers too, and some ingnore me... but who cares?

    thank you for wasting my time!
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...eys/AR15-1.gif A Person that says something cant be done, shouldn't interrupt me actually fukking doing it! http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ys/LAR15-1.gif

    [SIZE="4"]
    Icehog3 and pnoon '08
    Rock the Vote
    [/SIZE]

  7. #22

    Rock a mullet like a STAR mugen910's Avatar


     

    Re: Next time I won't waste my breath!

    I agree darrell...it takes very little effort to even give the automatic "Hi" as a response to your greeting.

    Personally I hate walking into a B&M and just browse around noticing the owner is watching me outta the corner of his eye. Could it be because I'm Asian? Could it be because I look younger than I really am? I even make an effort to approach people and start conversations just to prove that I'm no thug. I understand this is the world we live in but if I'm walking in your store once or twice a week...give me the courtesy of not giving me the stink eye. [/rant] sorry guys...dunno where it come from.
    [SIZE=1]I am trying to spread CS spirit:[/SIZE][SIZE=1]
    AR, ID, IN, ME, MS, MT, NE,
    NM, ND, RI, SD, UT, VT, DC, WY
    15 Left.[/SIZE]

    Sandbox Raffle
    SilverFox Troop Raffle!!!

  8. #23

    blame me. Im ok with it.


     

    Re: Next time I won't waste my breath!

    Cracks me up when I see guys post "I would do this, or I would do that". Like they really would if put in the same situation in reality rather than from behind a 19" flat screen.

    Just treat others the way you wish to be treated & it'll all come around. If we got rid of all the inconsiderate asswipes in the world, Im sure even this place would lose a few members.

  9. #24

    Fat White Dude Ironfreak's Avatar


     

    Re: Next time I won't waste my breath!

    Quote Originally Posted by zemekone View Post
    are u serious? thats coustomer service! who cares if he/she didnt hear you? i work retail too, and i greet all my coustomers too, and some ingnore me... but who cares?

    thank you for wasting my time!
    I disagree with you here. I've worked in all aspects of customer service (Direct-to-consumer as well as business-to-business) and blatantly ignoring someones greeting is disrespectful.

  10. #25

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Next time I won't waste my breath!

    Quote Originally Posted by zemekone View Post
    are u serious? thats coustomer service! who cares if he/she didnt hear you? i work retail too, and i greet all my coustomers too, and some ingnore me... but who cares?

    thank you for wasting my time!
    I care, because it's rude. I pride myself in good customer service and building rapport with customers. I think that if I extend courtesy and deliver wonderful customer service than I deserve to at least get a greeting back when I greet them. I'm not going to kick the guy in the balls or tell him to **** off or anything, but the fact of the matter is - it bothers me that people are rude.

    I'm sorry I wasted your time, but I did not drag you into the thread.

  11. #26

    This space owned by Puff. Jbailey's Avatar


     

    Re: Next time I won't waste my breath!

    just my

    I've worked many years in retail and now currently at a B&M myself.
    I always go out of my way to make a customer feel welcome at the shop and enjoy finding them a cigar they will enjoy. I know what your talking about and see it from time to time and it doesn't bother me at all. I figure that person might just have a lot of stuff on their mind at the moment or in a hurry and not really thinking what they are doing. It's easy to be flustered and not be in a right mind set.

    After all we're all people and we make mistakes.
    Goodbye Louie

  12. #27

    blame me. Im ok with it.


     

    Re: Next time I won't waste my breath!

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
    I care, because it's rude. I pride myself in good customer service and building rapport with customers. I think that if I extend courtesy and deliver wonderful customer service than I deserve to at least get a greeting back when I greet them. I'm not going to kick the guy in the balls or tell him to **** off or anything, but the fact of the matter is - it bothers me that people are rude.

    I'm sorry I wasted your time, but I did not drag you into the thread.
    I can see your point but (I AM the customer service department for my company) the one little thing I see from the little info this thread offers is that issue became a problem when we "expect" something (ie: common courtesy in return). I always tell friends that if you limit your expectations of people, you'll limit your dissapointments.

    Theres folks I see everyday at my my clients that will not even return a simple "good morning" when I see them. Does it bother me? No, not really and I dont let it get to me either. I have a ton more important things I have to do and think about, like getting some coffee.

    People will be people, and some of em are not worth me even thinking about.


    ...and if you ever want to see a lack of common courtesy, try driving in Los Angeles on the I-405 or I-101 sometime and try to merge into another lane when theres traffic. lol
    Last edited by poker; 06-27-2008 at 02:00 PM.

  13. #28

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Next time I won't waste my breath!

    I don't discount that you should care Darrell you are right it is rude. I also agree that as any other human being you deserve at least the common courtesy of a reply.

    However, I would not let that persons response or lack there of change my behavior. I believe in being courteous to people and believe that courtesy should be extended to all. Why would you let his lack of response dictate your future actions. By doing that you give him the control over your interactions. I say don't change anything, continue to show the courtesy and level of service and repartee that you are proud of.

    I hold the door every time for people I don't expect a thanks, I expect that behavior of myself. You can only control how you interact with the world not how it interacts with you. If people say thank you great, if not it doesn't change the fact that the next time I will still hold the door.

    Don't get me wrong I have my days and I am no pushover, but, I also don't have the inclination to waste what little time I have on this planet dwelling on the negative energies that so many people try to push on us.

    Just because someone is miserable in their life and wishes to share that misery should not change your interaction in fact if anything it typically makes me realize how fortunate I am not to have to walk through life like that and makes me smile wider (genuinely small not sarcastic sneer)

    Just my $0.02 for what it is worth.

  14. #29

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Next time I won't waste my breath!

    Poker and Shawn, I agree with what you guys said. I was just a little pissed at the time you know, I could see if I was actually "Mean Darrell" to my customers, I would not expect them to reply to me - let alone shop at the store.

    Anyway, I'll always continue to greet all customers and make them feel welcome. I just was a bit flustered at the blatant rudeness he exhibited.

    Thanks for not putting me on blast.

  15. #30

    blame me. Im ok with it.


     

    Re: Next time I won't waste my breath!

    This had hints of a Dr Phil episode for a wee bit there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •