Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Walmart: Show your receipt, or we'll get your license plate number!

This is a discussion on Walmart: Show your receipt, or we'll get your license plate number! within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by BigVito I am not a pot, kettle maybe. sorry, some times I have dyslexia, or aixelsyd. I ...

i need a cookie bailout epyon26's Avatar

Re: Walmart: Show your receipt, or we'll get your license plate number!

Quote Originally Posted by BigVito View Post
    I am not a pot, kettle maybe.
    sorry, some times I have dyslexia, or aixelsyd. I get them confused.

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by -MG- View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, it's the other way around. If they beleive you stole, they have to proove it. Once the transaction is complete, it's your property, not theirs, regardless of if you are in their store.

AFAIK, At least around here they can't physically detain you or have the legal authority to inspect your belongings, but they can call the police if they have reason to suspect you stole.
    I've worked retail before and get what you mean, but you have to understand the other side of the coin. Why would they not take down your license plate # if you outright refused to prove that you'd bought what you were walking out with? You refused to prove that you purchased the items, so you're correct, the burden of proof is then on them. They took it upon themselves to gather the information to see if you stole or not, and your unwillingness to help did make you a suspected thief.

Did they physically detain you? Did they forcibly inspect your belongings? No, so what's wrong with taking your license plate number so they can catch you if you didn't pay for your items? And since you're innocent, what's wrong with them having your license plate number? You authorized them to do so by going on their property.

Puffer Fish with some spikes -MG-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madurolover View Post
    Not trying to give you a hard time but I just fail to understand why you would not just show the receipt.

Because I don't like the implication that I stole something? well.. that and I can be stubborn

If they want to check everybodies receipts, that's one thing (I still don't always show it, but that's another matter), but I was singled out this time.

Why not ask for receipts from the 10 people in front of me that also had full carts?

Quote Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
    And their first action to prove it would be to see whether or not everything in your possession was paid for, via the receipt.

Wow - it's like you're in law enforcement or something.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyj23 View Post
    Did they physically detain you? Did they forcibly inspect your belongings? No, so what's wrong with taking your license plate number so they can catch you if you didn't pay for your items? And since you're innocent, what's wrong with them having your license plate number? You authorized them to do so by going on their property.

I agree 100%, I guess I was more upset by getting singled out than actually grabbing the license plate.... good point.

That said, I'd do it again as I disagree with the practice in the first place

Because I don't like the implication that I stole something? well.. that and I can be stubborn

If they want to check everybodies receipts, that's one thing (I still don't always show it, but that's another matter), but I was singled out this time.

Why not ask for receipts from the 10 people in front of me that also had full carts?
    Why don't they strip search everyone that steps foot onto an airplane? Because there's not enough time for that, and random samples have proved successful.

Not Here

I would guess that occasionally they will stop and ask a random person for their receipt. Probably just your lucky day. If you don't like the implication that you stole something then I do not imagine you helped that perception out by refusing to politely show that you did'nt.
    BIA!!!

I guess I was more upset by getting singled out than actually grabbing the license plate.... good point.
    Why?

Life is too short to get bothered by stuff like this. If you get frazzeled by something like this, I'd hate to see you go to make a PB&J sandwich and realize you were out of one of the ingredients.

Not Here

That said, I'd do it again as I disagree with the practice in the first place
    Sorry to say but that just seems childish to me.
    BIA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
    Why?

Life is too short to get bothered by stuff like this. If you get frazzeled by something like this, I'd hate to see you go to make a PB&J sandwich and realize you were out of one of the ingredients.

Out of PB&J?!? I'm pretty sure the world would stop spinning!!

Nah.. I really don't usually frazzle easy, the receipt just happens to be a pet peeve I picked up somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
    If you get frazzeled by something like this, I'd hate to see you go to make a PB&J sandwich and realize you were out of one of the ingredients.
    When I first read this I read - "I'd hate to see you go to make a PB&J sandwich and realize you were one of the ingredients" and I thought to myself A) "I'd be pretty damn frazzled if I realized I was one of the ingredients in a sandwich I was making," and B) "What brand of cigar does Darrell smoke cause I want some".

Not Here

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyj23 View Post
    When I first read this I read - "I'd hate to see you go to make a PB&J sandwich and realize you were one of the ingredients" and I thought to myself A) "I'd be pretty damn frazzled if I realized I was one of the ingredients in a sandwich I was making," and B) "What brand of cigar does Darrell smoke cause I want some".
    BIA!!!

I won't show anybody my damned receipt.

They have frickn cameras all over the place, they can find thieves that way. If they think they saw me steal something, call the cops and have me arrested. Otherwise, they can GTF out of my way.

They're not going to insinuate that I'm a thief or treat me like a thief and have me show them the damned receipt they gave me 2 facking minutes earlier.

They want to see the receipt or inspect my bags, they can do that after I am placed under arrest. And yes, there will be a lawsuit.

Sorry, I am not a trained monkey, nor do I play one on TV.

I have no problem with them following me to my car and writing down the tag .... the problem for them would be that I'll take them around the lot 3 times so they get their exercise before I get to my car.

I don't think they have a legal right to require me to show my receipt. I paid, it is mine as are the goods in my bags.

Puffer Fish with many spikes screwbag's Avatar

wow this has really got people going huh?

maybe i should start a thread about the chicken and the egg debate...
    [SIZE=4]Smoke Well![/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by screwbag View Post
    wow this has really got people going huh?

maybe i should start a thread about the chicken and the egg debate...

Short version... Chicken wins:

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast