Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Walmart: Show your receipt, or we'll get your license plate number!

This is a discussion on Walmart: Show your receipt, or we'll get your license plate number! within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes This reminds me of Frank Costanza, except for the part where you actually oblige and ...

Re: Walmart: Show your receipt, or we'll get your license plate number!

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes View Post
    This reminds me of Frank Costanza, except for the part where you actually oblige and take off your shoes.
    ClubStogie reminds me of Frank quite a bit lately, especially Festivus....seems like lately everybody thinks it's time for the airing of the grievances around here.

not aimed at anyone in particular

Committed

Quote Originally Posted by madurolover View Post
    I was posting as you posted this. What I was talking about is not the stores bottom line but the fact that their would possibly be one less unemployeed person.
    I know, I felt like being a smart A$$.
    我恨棕色襯衣

Not Here

I wish Sam's would do that. Honestly though, both Costco and Sam's here don't have the exit door room to have more than two carts go through at a time.
    Yeah, ours has an exit door that looks like a garage door. As a matter of fact it rolls up just like a garage door.
    BIA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by croatan View Post
    I've always thought that was the weirdest thing. It creeps me out to walk around someone's house without shoes on. If that's someone's policy, I just find a reason not go back to their house. Plus, if they don't allow shoes, they probably aren't going to think much of me spilling my ashes and red wine, either. So screw 'em
    Me too James, for my more than one reason.......I'm always waiting for someone to say," is that someones feet?"...plus it just feels weird.

Maybe your friends have a foot fetish....

Vodka is food....who's hungry?

You're welcome, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
    Great, like I'm not self conscious about my feet enough,

Not Here

Quote Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
    BIA!!!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader taltos's Avatar

I don't know that needing to show a reciept at Walmart is where I would choose to make my stand. I think that I would pick a different opportunity to take a stand based upon principle.

Paul
    Til the end like a friend stands by you again,
    And I wouldn't change a thing.

I am kind of late to the discussion, but the Wal-Mart I frequent only checks receipts for customers that have a non-bagged item(s). Lots of times this item may be on the bottom of the cart or whatever. They just want to make sure they weren't missed.

The main thing I hate about Wal-Mart is 24 check out lanes and 3 cashiers. Usually the self checkout machines are also down. Drives me nuts.
    Rocky

JCK

what if you have a habit of eating your receipt as you're walking out the door?
    Ji

Possum on a gumbush! andrewsutherland2002's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockyr View Post
    I am kind of late to the discussion, but the Wal-Mart I frequent only checks receipts for customers that have a non-bagged item(s). Lots of times this item may be on the bottom of the cart or whatever. They just want to make sure they weren't missed.

The main thing I hate about Wal-Mart is 24 check out lanes and 3 cashiers. Usually the self checkout machines are also down. Drives me nuts.
    The person checking the receipts could be put to better use by running one of the 15 other registers that are not in use. After waiting 20min in line, the last thing I want to have to do when leaving is to find my receipt (I usually put it in my wallet, or crumple it up at the very bottom of my pockets) have my receipt and bag checked by some @$$hat who lets 15 people in front of me go w/o checking their receipts (not to mention the 15 people who pass through the door while my receipt is being checked).

The times when a competent person is checking receipts is fine and I do not mind, but it is most always the incompetent ones who wind up ruining my shopping experience.
    This is a knock on the Wal-Mart in my town, not all Wal-Marts. I find that the Wal-Mart in my town is a very substandard store in comparison to the corporation as a whole.

For the most part, I do not mind the policy, but the way it is handled by some incompetent workers makes it a hassle.

No longer a community member.

Thanks for getting stopped to have your receipt checked while I cruise on by with all kinds of free shit.

Sorry, I had a few tonight. I'm kidding about the stealing and now going to bed.

Most stores loose more money from losses in their own receiving departments and cashiers missing stuff on carts and miss counting than people actually stealing from the store.The stores can usually tag your ID to suspend your return transactions and make your life a little difficult. You would be surprised during the couse of transactions employes miss product and the sensormatics help cut down on those missed products in turn keeping shrink down and the consumer cost down .
    " Fish Hard, Sailfast, Shoot Straight, and save time for the Important Things In Life "

Puffer Fish with many spikes DonnieW's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -MG- View Post
    I agree 100%, I guess I was more upset by getting singled out than actually grabbing the license plate.... good point.

That said, I'd do it again as I disagree with the practice in the first place
    The license plate issue is no big deal. ALL of our license plates are recorded EVERY single time we go to a gas station. No one gives a shit about that, right? If it makes you feel a little better here's my tag: AVEX495 (Ontario) If you want to have some fun, go back to that Wal-Mart and tell them you saw me steal stuff and after following me to my car you grabbed my plate

It may not be that they are actively investigating a checker, but more that the random receipt checks *might* deter checkers from attempting this practice.
    Or deter public theft??

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
    Thanks for getting stopped to have your receipt checked while I cruise on by with all kinds of free shit. .
    Oldest trick in the book... but you knew that right? . Get a shady looking guy to draw attention, while you walk out with the kitchen sink.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes GrtndpwrflOZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonnieW View Post
    Principal of what, exactly? If one is still in the store - by law you're obliged to prove you paid. Whether they enforce it or not is another question. I would have simply showed her the receipt.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast