Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Walmart: Show your receipt, or we'll get your license plate number!

This is a discussion on Walmart: Show your receipt, or we'll get your license plate number! within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I'm with you and MG.... I got the reciept 15 secs ago in sight of the damn door, they can ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Volt's Avatar

Re: Walmart: Show your receipt, or we'll get your license plate number!

I'm with you and MG.... I got the reciept 15 secs ago in sight of the damn door, they can kiss my ass. You think I'm a thief call the cops. That $hit at teh door irritates the h3ll out of me. Usually it's when I have my hands full... They don't even do a line item check against the bag items.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanGAR View Post
    I won't show anybody my damned receipt.

They have frickn cameras all over the place, they can find thieves that way. If they think they saw me steal something, call the cops and have me arrested. Otherwise, they can GTF out of my way.

They're not going to insinuate that I'm a thief or treat me like a thief and have me show them the damned receipt they gave me 2 facking minutes earlier.

They want to see the receipt or inspect my bags, they can do that after I am placed under arrest. And yes, there will be a lawsuit.

Sorry, I am not a trained monkey, nor do I play one on TV.

I have no problem with them following me to my car and writing down the tag .... the problem for them would be that I'll take them around the lot 3 times so they get their exercise before I get to my car.

I don't think they have a legal right to require me to show my receipt. I paid, it is mine as are the goods in my bags.
    Friends don't let friends smoke fruity cigars!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Mtmouse's Avatar

You said you picked up a fan. I assume this was a larger item that you had to carry out and it wasn't bagged. These are the items they should be looking for, walking out the door.

Young Puffer Fish

pretty funny.

i can let the nice people at Wal-mart look at my receipt (she likely just wanted someone to talk to anyway)

or

i could refuse, stress about it all day, come on the internet and post about it thus making myself look like an a$$.

Committed

Quote Originally Posted by DonnieW View Post
    Or deter public theft??
    That was already mentioned. Several times. I didn't feel the need to restate that after it'd been mentioned 20 times. Welcome to the conversation though.
    我恨棕色襯衣

Not Here

Quote Originally Posted by jordon View Post
    pretty funny.

i can let the nice people at Wal-mart look at my receipt (she likely just wanted someone to talk to anyway)

or

i could refuse, stress about it all day, come on the internet and post about it thus making myself look like an a$$.

<www.clubstogie.com>

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    BIA!!!

Puffer Fish with many spikes DonnieW's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes View Post
    That was already mentioned. Several times. I didn't feel the need to restate that after it'd been mentioned 20 times. Welcome to the conversation though.
    Glad to be here - my bad.

blame me. Im ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by -MG- View Post
    I agree 100%, I guess I was more upset by getting singled out than actually grabbing the license plate.... good point.

That said, I'd do it again as I disagree with the practice in the first place
    You'll hate SoCal then, since it happens at many many major stores here from Lowe's to Best Buy. As far as Im concerned its no big deal. They're just trying to keep their losses to a minimum, and as a business owner I understand that. As losses go up, prices go up. We all pay for it then, and you should understand that.

Most folks disagree with the practice of taking their shoes off at the airport when passing security, but Im willing to bet you do it, whether you agree with the practice or not.

Quote Originally Posted by poker View Post
    Most folks disagree with the practice of taking their shoes off at the airport when passing security, but Im willing to bet you do it, whether you agree with the practice or not.
    You compare something that is required by law with something that is not.

Puffer Fish with some spikes technodaddy's Avatar

A small price to pay for living in a free country. Right now there is a person wishing he had a job, so he could go to Walmart and buy some food. There are really more Indecencies in the world that really need the attention that they deserve.

just my 2 cents.

*Ruler of the Universe, in exile in Club Stogie*

blame me. Im ok with it.

You have a valid point, but what about the random spot check on carry on bags then? You know, when they wipe that cloth thing and then scan it? Its happened to me quite a few times. Its not like they saw something inside the bag to warrant them checking my bags for gunpower residue, yet they checked anyways.

I could be wrong on this, but you mistake a policy for a law.

While Poker may have referred to it as a practice instead of a policy, I believe it's simply a policy that could end tomorrow, same way it started overnight. Same as Wal-Marts policy of asking for a receipt

If not, please point me to the statute that says "any passenger wishing to board a plane must remove their shoes." I'd think it would be a riot

blame me. Im ok with it.

Interesting article on this type of issue in a legal sense of those chosing to "buck the system".

http://www.thelegality.com/archives/36

Quote Originally Posted by ResIpsa View Post
    If not, please point me to the statute that says "any passenger wishing to board a plane must remove their shoes." I'd think it would be a riot
    I am sure the written LAW will be that you need to follow TSA orders, not that you need to remove shoes.

Listen, I don't give a hoot about removing shoes or the spot checks boarding airplanes. I do what they ask me to do - I asked my agent to put me on the exact plane that was eventually bombed over Lockerbie Scotland, so I know a little bit about the dangers of flying. My (our) safety depends on it and I follow all TSA instructions without complaint. They want to scan my belt .. no prob.

There is a law requiring that I follow orders from airline stewardesses or TSA employees. There is no law that I need to follow some Walmart flunkie's request for me to show the receipt unless I am under arrest. So I won't.

Young Puffer Fish

no law that I need to follow some Walmart flunkie's request for me to show the receipt unless I am under arrest. So I won't.
    so were you dropped as a child or did your problems develop over time?

No longer a community member. pnoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jordon View Post
    so were you dropped as a child or did your problems develop over time?
    You can debate points. Keep the personal insults out of the forums.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast