Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

insightful questions

This is a discussion on insightful questions within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I've been single for a while now and have decided to get back out there. I like to have a ...

Young Puffer Fish Shark*Daytona's Avatar

insightful questions

I've been single for a while now and have decided to get back out there. I like to have a cache of questions/conversation starters when I meet some one. The same old stuff about your job and movies and music runs out fast and is over played. So with the thought of supplying me with loads of insightful questions, let's play a little get to know you game.

I will start by listing a few questions. I will answer one. The next poster, will answer one, and then post one question of their own. The next person answers and posts a new quetion and so on...

What was your favorite toy and why?
    What's the best practical joke you have been a part of?
    What is a piece of advice you followed that changed your life?

The piece of advice that changed my life was actually quite simple. I was in charge of 50 folks and not getting the results I needed from my team. My Boss was leading me in a discusion to help. Frustrated I pointed out that if these people just did their job like I did, we would be great. My Bos said, "Well not everyone is you." That hit me like a ton of bricks. From then on I made sure I was looking at the situation from their point of view and started asking 'why' more instead of barking orders. My sucess was incredible after that.

Who is next?

Not Here

Re: insightful questions

#1 : Little Suzie

#2 : Little Suzie was really Little Sonny

#3 : Never judge a book by it's cover.

Sorry, couldn't help it.
    BIA!!!

Lame 'practical joke' (kind of isn't one):

When I had my wedding reception, I tucked a pair of my new bride's panties into my sleave (planned WAY ahead for this) right before the garter-belt part.

I act like I'm struggling around in there for a while, and then suddenly triumphantly stand up & raise them high above my head.

The place went nuts (my family is weird). I tossed them onto my new mother-in-law's table.

My question:

Who do you feel is physically 'closer' to you in a DNA / physiological (did I spell that right ?) / medical sense - your sibling or your child, and why ?

This is a great thread idea, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorb View Post

Who do you feel is physically 'closer' to you in a DNA / physiological (did I spell that right ?) / medical sense - your sibling or your child, and why ?

This is a great thread idea, btw.

I will take this one...
    I became a father for the first time 5 months ago to a beautiful little girl. I definitely feel "closer" to her than I do to my blood relatives. I feel there is just more a part of me in her. I feel a paternal need to protect and provide for her. Just knowing she is part of me and that I will be raising her and it is my job to do it right. I could go on and on, so the short answer is I feel closer to my child than my siblings.

Great question!

My question: If you could go back to one moment in your life and change one thing, when would that moment be, what would you change, why would you change it, and how do you think it would effect you as a person today?
    Remember who you are, where you come from, and who you represent