Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

I get the Dumba$$ of the day award.

This is a discussion on I get the Dumba$$ of the day award. within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; This morning I noticed my vino's RH was a little high (75%), so I left it's door open while I ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes -MG-'s Avatar

Wink I get the Dumba$$ of the day award.

This morning I noticed my vino's RH was a little high (75%), so I left it's door open while I got ready to go to work.....and It was still open when I got BACK from work.

By then the RH was about 35%, and now (and hour later) it's up to 56%.

Has anybody else been this brilliant in the past? if so, any guestimate how long the sticks will need to recoup? it's a 52 bottle vino, with 2.5lbs of beads.

[SIZE=1]Note to self: Leave the vino alone unless you're going to stay in the room.[/SIZE]

Re: I get the Dumba$$ of the day award.

yes sir...you do!
    "While smoking a cigar, we are in the presence of eternity...the smoke drifts gently heavenward on its quest to combine with the great eternal oneness." - Prince Sined Yar Maharg Love Jimmy

I forget everything and do stupid stuff on a regular basis. It will be back to where it was in a few hours.
    Skeeter a bad influence? I think not.

Maturing Puffer Fish Badmamajama's Avatar

I would have some how taken the sticks out to help and left them on the counter overnight or something worse than that so dont feel to bad.
    [SIZE=1]NON GRATUM ANUS RODENTUM [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]SIC 'EM UGA!! Good Dog.[/SIZE]

Possum on a gumbush! andrewsutherland2002's Avatar

Not a big problem. As long as the humidity comes back up, I wouldn't think that the sticks need any additional resting before smoking. Maybe a 12hrs to a day at normal humidity.

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewsutherland2002 View Post
    Not a big problem. As long as the humidity comes back up, I wouldn't think that the sticks need any additional resting before smoking. Maybe a 12hrs to a day at normal humidity.
    don't you run the risk of the cigar splitting of you do that?

We are all guilty of being a dumba$$ at one time or another, it's the human in us all.
    [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]A cigar is like a women.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]If you don’t treat them right they will hurt your feelings and make you remember it.[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ggainey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bwalker2us View Post
    We are all guilty of being a dumba$$ at one time or another, it's the human in us all.
    Agreed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "If I had taken my doctor's advice and quit smoking when he advised me to,I wouldn't have lived to go to his funeral."
    George burns at age 98

Puffer Fish with some spikes -MG-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boonedoggle View Post
    yes sir...you do!
    I knew I could count on CS for words of encouragment and coddling in my time of need!

Quote Originally Posted by bwalker2us View Post
    I left a brand new box of CAO 'VR' Cathedrals out of the humi for 4 days once (during winter when the heat was up in the house) - it dried the s#!t out of them. I kicked myself for a month or two until they started to recover. Now, I'm anal as crap and go back twice and three times to make sure I've closed everything up good.

"To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson