Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Sun Screen

This is a discussion on Sun Screen within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; During the afternoon the sun comes around back and makes sitting on the porch a bummer. So after fiddling around ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader ca21455's Avatar

Sun Screen

During the afternoon the sun comes around back and makes sitting on the porch a bummer. So after fiddling around with several options, decided to try the rain fly off of one of our small tents. Works great!

Thought someone else might find this useful.

Re: Sun Screen

Well my wife told me what you guys were kind enough not to say "that thing looks like $hit, take it down"! Well we all know who wears the pants in this house! So it took it down.

Anyway, it is easy to put up, so when needed I can always put it back!

RIP Louie

I use those cheap bamboo blinds that roll up and down. The weather doesn't seem to mess with them too much.

the fiend Davy Jones mrreindeer's Avatar

They've now got those massive umbrellas with the stand actually off to the side, which are nice because you don't have to put a damn pole in the middle of the action (or lack thereof while you're sitting enjoying a nice cigar), one you're sure to bump into especially if you're havin' a nice cocktail out there. If you're spending a lot of time out there, you might want to check one of those out. Some are HUGE. Could be a little pricey though but I'm sure there are deals out there.

Just did a quick search & found this site (check out the big rectangular one): http://www.outdoorpatioumbrellas.com...llas_s/175.htm
    Last edited by mrreindeer; 09-22-2008 at 01:28 PM. Reason: added link

Quote Originally Posted by mrreindeer View Post
    They've now got those massive umbrellas with the stand actually off to the side, which are nice because you don't have to put a damn pole in the middle of the action (or lack thereof while you're sitting enjoying a nice cigar), one you're sure to bump into especially if you're havin' a nice cocktail out there. If you're spending a lot of time out there, you might want to check one of those out. Some are HUGE. Could be a little pricey though but I'm sure there are deals out there.

Just did a quick search & found this site (check out the big rectangular one): http://www.outdoorpatioumbrellas.com...llas_s/175.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by cbsmokin View Post
    I use those cheap bamboo blinds that roll up and down. The weather doesn't seem to mess with them too much.
    Thanks for the suggestions! We do have a screened in tent thing on top of the deck but it got tore up in the last wind storm. Took the canvas top off to make repairs. That is were I've been smoking when the sun was in the back.