Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7

What is wrong with American Businesses

This is a discussion on What is wrong with American Businesses within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I am in the process of looking at refinancing my home as I have a large amount of equity in ...

  
  1. #1

    One day at a time Scott W.'s Avatar


     

    What is wrong with American Businesses

    I am in the process of looking at refinancing my home as I have a large amount of equity in it and want to lower from my 6 % interest rate if possible while rates are still down. I call Countrywide who I have the loan with and it takes me 5 minutes to get a human being on the line. 5 MINUTES!!! are these people sooooooooo busy writing loans that they need 5 minutes to get on the line with me. Then, the guy tells me that he cannot just give me a rate, I have to start the refinancing process. I give him my info and he puts me on hold for 3 minutes. 10 minutes into the call, and still no answer on their rates at this time. Then I need to speak with a "refinance specialist" Folks, what the hell happened her with american businesses and their dedication to providing the best to the people they rely on to succeed. Do I feel bed for these asshat banks that are dying on the vine and begging for bailouts? HELL NO. I cannot even get someone to give me a number over the phone without having to bend over backwards and get aggravated.

    Am I the only one who is getting disgusted with the way the idiots at these companies handle things and offer no help or concern to the American public. All I needed was an answer "Rates are between 5.5 and 7 percent" would have been fine. THen this "Specialist was asking me to help her figure shit out.

  2. #2

    An Original Latino ResIpsa's Avatar


     

    Re: What is wrong with American Businesses

    Yes you are the only one.

    Sorry that a company doesn't run itself the way you would like. That really sucks.

  3. #3

    Young Puffer Fish


     

    Re: What is wrong with American Businesses

    I imagine the lack of service at Countrywide has to do with the fact that they've cut thousands of jobs and are close to being tits up. I can't imagine the refinance department is doing well either as trillions of dollars in equity has disappeared the last 18 months. They don't have much money to lend and probably staying a million miles away from equity loans.


    If you have a lot of equity in your home you are very lucky. Pulling equity in a declining market is very very risky.

  4. #4

    One day at a time Scott W.'s Avatar


     

    Re: What is wrong with American Businesses

    Quote Originally Posted by japhi View Post
    I imagine the lack of service at Countrywide has to do with the fact that they've cut thousands of jobs and are close to being tits up. I can't imagine the refinance department is doing well either as trillions of dollars in equity has disappeared the last 18 months. They don't have much money to lend and probably staying a million miles away from equity loans.


    If you have a lot of equity in your home you are very lucky. Pulling equity in a declining market is very very risky.

    I am not pulling the equity, I have more sense than that but thank you for your advice. I am merely trying to reduce the rate and wanted someone there to just give me the rates that they were publishing, thats all. I wasn't looking to begin the refinance process or be put on hold for 10 minutes, I had a simple question and wanted a simple answer. My point is, with these companies struggling the way they are, they should be thankful to get new business and do thier best to accomodate the consumer because things aren't easy for us either. But to make these processes tedious and uninformative is not going to help these companies emerge from their problems.

    I must admit Sir, you were pretty quick to fire off that response, do we work for Countrywide? If so, I offer you my apology for offending you.

  5. #5

    One day at a time Scott W.'s Avatar


     

    Re: What is wrong with American Businesses

    I must admit Sir, you were pretty quick to fire off that response, do we work for Countrywide? If so, I offer you my apology for offending you.[/quote]

    This was to ResIpsa. Again no offense meant.

  6. #6

    Young Puffer Fish


     

    Re: What is wrong with American Businesses

    Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    I am not pulling the equity, I have more sense than that but thank you for your advice. I am merely trying to reduce the rate and wanted someone there to just give me the rates that they were publishing, thats all. I wasn't looking to begin the refinance process or be put on hold for 10 minutes, I had a simple question and wanted a simple answer. My point is, with these companies struggling the way they are, they should be thankful to get new business and do thier best to accomodate the consumer because things aren't easy for us either. But to make these processes tedious and uninformative is not going to help these companies emerge from their problems.
    .
    Good to hear. Too bad more people didn't have good sense or the problem wouldn;t be as bad as it is.

    It will be interesting to see what interest rates do over the short term. I think if the bail out goes through rates will stay relatively low, it it falls look for rates to go up. Just a guess though, I'm not really dialed in to the US economy.

  7. #7

    One day at a time Scott W.'s Avatar


     

    Re: What is wrong with American Businesses

    Quote Originally Posted by japhi View Post
    Good to hear. Too bad more people didn't have good sense or the problem wouldn;t be as bad as it is.

    It will be interesting to see what interest rates do over the short term. I think if the bail out goes through rates will stay relatively low, it it falls look for rates to go up. Just a guess though, I'm not really dialed in to the US economy.
    I don't know, if the bailout goes through, they will be printing an extra 700 billion which is going to have to be controlled so I interest rates might go up. Not positive, could go either way. If the bailout doesn't go through, it will further squeeze the markets so I feel that they would have to reduce rates to make it more attractive to do business in this economy. Again, just an opinion. Nice chattin' with you.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •