Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

So I'm Turning 40 in a Few Weeks and...

This is a discussion on So I'm Turning 40 in a Few Weeks and... within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I was wondering how many more lucid years I can expect? I mean how long before I forget how to ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes PolarGar's Avatar

So I'm Turning 40 in a Few Weeks and...

I was wondering how many more lucid years I can expect? I mean how long before I forget how to tie my shoes one day and the names of my kids? I'm thinking maybe 3 to 5 more half decent years?

I am also a little miffed that I woke up one day and thought all the cashiers at the stores were 12 and was told by my wife that I was just old. Come to think of it forgetting my wife's name may not be all that bad.....

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes rottenzombie's Avatar

Re: So I'm Turning 40 in a Few Weeks and...

just turned 42 and I'm Ummmmmm ,,,what was I saying? ,,Who the heck are you , and get off my lawn...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    I may not have gone where I intended to go,but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.... Douglas Adams....

Hey this is a cool looking post - I too am turning 40 - oh - never mind.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Studebaker's Avatar

Oh, to be 40 again! HBD in advance, just in case I forget.
    The early worm is for the birds.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarGar View Post
    I was wondering how many more lucid years I can expect? I mean how long before I forget how to tie my shoes one day and the names of my kids? I'm thinking maybe 3 to 5 more half decent years?

I am also a little miffed that I woke up one day and thought all the cashiers at the stores were 12 and was told by my wife that I was just old. Come to think of it forgetting my wife's name may not be all that bad.....
    I thought you guys from up there did not age due to the cold
    " Fish Hard, Sailfast, Shoot Straight, and save time for the Important Things In Life "

Unfortunately with it being so dry up here we just petrify that much faster.

I lost my short term memory at 25 (I blame the fraternity parties). When I'm 40,..................wait, look..................forget it. What was I saying? Anywho, 40 is now the new 30 so your in luck. Grab an extra box of depends and enjoy life.

What was the question again...
    Dave...
    Smoke what *YOU* like,like what you smoke

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    I lost my short term memory at 25 (I blame the fraternity parties). When I'm 40,..................wait, look..................forget it. What was I saying? Anywho, 40 is now the new 30 so your in luck. Grab an extra box of depends and enjoy life.
    honestly!

"40 is the new 30"

Shea right - that ranks right up there with "life begins at 40"

My interpretation of this is after 40 when you wake up you say "holy crap - I'm still alive!" and so your life begins again every day.

Pretty soon I'll be telling my kids to "turn down that racket" they are listening to on their "ghetto blasters".

Gawd I'm old!

Quote Originally Posted by PolarGar View Post
    "40 is the new 30"

Shea right - that ranks right up there with "life begins at 40"

My interpretation of this is after 40 when you wake up you say "holy crap - I'm still alive!" and so your life begins again every day.

Pretty soon I'll be telling my kids to "turn down that racket" they are listening to on their "ghetto blasters".

Gawd I'm old!
    Yes your right,40 is old. You might as well just end it now Bro.
    I would have when I turned 50 but I'm a wuss

Dave...
    Smoke what *YOU* like,like what you smoke

www.stogietorch.com replicant_argent's Avatar

Hey Gustafson????

Do me a favor. Put your lip over your head... and swallow.

Max Goldman: The man's crazy. Loco. Always hanging out around those kinky strip bars. You know, the ones where the men take their clothes off. That's of course if he's taken his medication.
    Snyder: Medication?
    Max Goldman: Yes, without it he could be anywhere. Wandering around talking to the trees. I'm telling you the man's a menace, he's always drinking, starting fights.
    Ever Torches and Z-Torches available at www.stogietorch.com

No longer a community member.

I remember when I was growing up, there was a saying, "don't trust anyone over 30," Now I am in my 40's, I'd love to be 30 again.

Thumbs down Re: So I'm Turning 40 in a Few Weeks and...

Quote Originally Posted by 68TriShield View Post
    Yes your right,40 is old. You might as well just end it now Bro.
    I would have when I turned 50 but I'm a wuss

[SIZE=3]yeah I agree end it now!

Send me your cigars...and I will give everyone a fiery death in remembrance of you.

STS---45 here
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=7]I WENT TO THE NUT HOUSE![/SIZE][SIZE=3][/SIZE]

The sad irony of course is I love both the Grumpy Old Men movies and my kids and I know every line! Practice?

Quote Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
    Hey Gustafson????

Do me a favor. Put your lip over your head... and swallow.

Max Goldman: The man's crazy. Loco. Always hanging out around those kinky strip bars. You know, the ones where the men take their clothes off. That's of course if he's taken his medication.
    Snyder: Medication?
    Max Goldman: Yes, without it he could be anywhere. Wandering around talking to the trees. I'm telling you the man's a menace, he's always drinking, starting fights.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast