Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

How will the bailout effect the dollar?

This is a discussion on How will the bailout effect the dollar? within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; How weak will it become? I'm concerned about the dollar against the Euro.......

How will the bailout effect the dollar?

How weak will it become? I'm concerned about the dollar against the Euro....

Full grown Puffer Fish BlewSmoke.com's Avatar

Re: How will the bailout effect the dollar?

Invest in the Euro now. I'm betting the dollar will drop quite a bit.

Possum on a gumbush! andrewsutherland2002's Avatar

I'm not an economist and I'm basing this off of second hand info: My parents just left for London, England. They were looking into taking a trip to Edinburgh, Scotland for a day or so. When they first checked into taking the train, the tickets were going to run them about $70 USD. In the past week, the price of train tickets to Edinburgh, Scotland has risen to about $100 USD.
    The value of the US dollar has dropped significantly in the past two weeks if this is any indication.

*Remember, I am not an economist and am basing my info off of secondhand info. So don't me!

SvilleKid

as of close of markets Friday, the dollar was the strongest against the euro it has been since the intro of the euro. Currency sell/buy recommendations are currently to sell euros and buy dollars. The expectations currentlyare for the dollar to remain strong against most other currencies.

Quote Originally Posted by kgoings View Post
    How weak will it become? I'm concerned about the dollar against the Euro....
    I love the current exchange rate, I stocked my humi for insane prices with the current exchange rate and my trip to the USA next spring is going to be quite cheap if the dollar vs euro stays this way

Well the bailout has pretty much screwed the value of all financial stocks, since now people have no faith in that market at all.

I'm expecting the stock markets here in the states to drop HARD next week.

As for monetary exchange, it shouldn't get hit too badly if by much...values are more or less based on how much cash is in circulation.
    I'm in ur humidorz, collectin ur Gurkhas!