Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Some People. LOL

This is a discussion on Some People. LOL within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Some people really should learn a little more before sprouting their "Wisdom" in public. I was down at a local ...

Some People. LOL

Some people really should learn a little more before sprouting their "Wisdom" in public.

I was down at a local Gift shop today, which happens to sell cigars as well. One of the senior employees, whom I speak & joke with often, was looking at me with that "Help Me Please!" look. She was engaged in a one sided, heated discussion with a cigar shopper and didnt know what to say. To be fair cigars are just a sideline for them but they have a nice little range and they are well stored. After the aforementioned customer left with a purchase of a single Carlos Torano Reserva Selecta I asked her what was up.

She told me that this customer was adamant that the best cigars in the world all had Cedar wrapping. He wanted to know why this shop was carrying all these low grade sticks (Cubans) and why the Torano was the only true premium in stock. I had to think a minute as it took a while to comprehend this guys lack of knowledge. Here was a guy whom is a self professed knowledgeble cigar smoker and he comes up with that crap!

This fine lady asked me many in depth questions about cigars, ie CC versus NC & the like so that she might be better able to deal with Tossers like that in the future. Most of what I told her were statistics directly related to the opinions expressed here on Puff. I really wished I had been the servant attending him that day, it would have been a blast! ROTFLMAO.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader jeepthing's Avatar

Re: Some People. LOL

Educated idiots. Love it. I deal with people like that everyday in the auto parts Biz
    Last edited by jeepthing; 05-19-2010 at 07:24 AM.
    Whatever it is -- I didn't do it!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepthing View Post
    Educated idiots. Love. I deal with people like that everyday in the auto parts Biz
    I hear that Jeff! I build performance engine on occasion but on my terms. Ie "Appointment Only" and I decide if I think the customer is realistic about their outcome. 9 out of 10 get told I cant do the motor for them because of exactly your stated reasoning. We use a term "Read too many books but doesnt hear well". LOL.
    Last edited by Tashaz; 05-19-2010 at 06:40 AM.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Haven't we all overheard or met people like this in B&M's who think they know everything about cigars? Most of these characters couldn't find their ass with both hands even if their fingers were flashlights.

I think I know a little bit about cigars but when I go to B&M's and hear some of these people I tend to keep my mouth shut and just shake my head. If asked I try and talk with others about what I know and not about what I "think" I know. Experience makes all the difference and I bet that lady learned quite a bit that day from you Warren.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Leading Puffer Fish swingerofbirches's Avatar

Look guys ... we all know the best cigars in the world have a cedar sleeve. We also know that the more ornate the band the better the cigar, a nice piece of steak is best served well done with steak sauce, there is no such thing as a good bottle of wine for under $50 and that a four-point bolt down roll cage, a half dozen stickers and a wing add 437whp to a street going Honda Civic (streetable on a stock clutch, no less).

"The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken places." - Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by swingerofbirches View Post
    Look guys ... we all know the best cigars in the world have a cedar sleeve. We also know that the more ornate the band the better the cigar........................).

G.C.'s come with cedar bands right? That proves it right there!

Quote Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
    Most of these characters couldn't find their ass with both hands even if their fingers were flashlights.

This sounds like another "Grampisim"

Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

Look guys ... we all know the best cigars in the world have a cedar sleeve. We also know that the more ornate the band the better the cigar, a nice piece of steak is best served well done with steak sauce, there is no such thing as a good bottle of wine for under $50 and that a four-point bolt down roll cage, a half dozen stickers and a wing add 437whp to a street going Honda Civic (streetable on a stock clutch, no less).

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Definitely true about the spoiler, although in the Land Down Under, it actually takes away 437HP because everything is opposite there!! LMFAO!!
    Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers; What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

a four-point bolt down roll cage, a half dozen stickers and a wing add 437whp to a street going Honda Civic (streetable on a stock clutch, no less).

You forgot the twin outlet 8" exhaust & the 24" 600W SubWooferCharger. Another 25HP right there! ROTFLMAO.

For your information Esoteric, your close but in Oz we use Clydesdales, not Shetland Ponies for HP.

Well we all know that the best way to coax power out of a little 1.6l honda d-series is to port the intake manifold, run a full 4in crush bent exhaust, advance your timing and add colder plugs. LOL You won't see the gains off the line but hold on to your seats when Vtec kicks in ... LOL

Esoteric ... LMFAO ... that was classic!

Although, since it's opposite in Oz, wouldn't they gain tq instead of hp? That's exactly what a crazy Aussie needs ... a billion ft/lbs of tq in a fwd car! What could go wrong? LOL

Warren ... i've been meaning to watch that documentary about Eric Bana and his Falcon GT titled "The Beast". I'm assuming that it's been out in Australia longer then it has here ... seen it?
    "The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken places." - Hemingway

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish CaptainJeebes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post
    She told me that this customer was adamant that the best cigars in the world all had Cedar wrapping. He wanted to know why this shop was carrying all these low grade sticks (Cubans) and why the Torano was the only true premium in stock.
    What?? This isnt true? Ive been telling myself that all the best cigars are wrapped in cedar too! I need to check out non premiums then

Elder Puffer Fish Leader jeepthing's Avatar

If nothing else the internet sure has created a bunch of know it alls. LOL The performance stuff is the worse.
    Whatever it is -- I didn't do it!

Man I'm trying to come up with something clever and witty....but I got nothing...I just thought the cedar wrapper meant the cigar was kinda shy and didn't what to show all her goods to the public.

side note: I always thought each sticker on the side window of a 4-banger added 5 hp instantly...
    "An intelligent man is sometimes forced to get drunk in order to spend time with his friends" ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Nismo#12 View Post
    Man I'm trying to come up with something clever and witty....but I got nothing...I just thought the cedar wrapper meant the cigar was kinda shy and didn't what to show all her goods to the public.

side note: I always thought each sticker on the side window of a 4-banger added 5 hp instantly...
    lol ... that's because you're a Nissan guy ... and that means you can't help but be reasonable, even when you're trying to be rediculous. (coming from the former owner of several classic SE-R's )

Someone says "a sticker gives you 20hp" and you think to yourself "that's rediculous, if we're going to be silly let's be silly in moderation, it's 5whp at the most" ... LOL ... and then you go back to replacing shift forks or talking about disco potato turbo specs or trying to figure out how to best draft a design of equal length headers that will actually fit into a TT 300Z's tiny little engine bay.

Well Charlie you know that Beadazzling your ride will add 25 hp and 15 lbs/Ft for every square foot Beadazzled. Speaking of which I need to get to work on my tailgate...gonna look sick with purple, blue and pink. Vrrmm Vrrrmmm

Just like cigars in plastic tube at Rite Aid are the bomb diggity. Or kinda why Phillies Blunts come with a little hole in them... They are so high end they are already punched for you....
    "An intelligent man is sometimes forced to get drunk in order to spend time with his friends" ~Hemingway

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post
    Some people really should learn a little more before sprouting their "Wisdom" in public.

I was down at a local Gift shop today, which happens to sell cigars as well. One of the senior employees, whom I speak & joke with often, was looking at me with that "Help Me Please!" look. She was engaged in a one sided, heated discussion with a cigar shopper and didnt know what to say. To be fair cigars are just a sideline for them but they have a nice little range and they are well stored. After the aforementioned customer left with a purchase of a single Carlos Torano Reserva Selecta I asked her what was up.

She told me that this customer was adamant that the best cigars in the world all had Cedar wrapping. He wanted to know why this shop was carrying all these low grade sticks (Cubans) and why the Torano was the only true premium in stock. I had to think a minute as it took a while to comprehend this guys lack of knowledge. Here was a guy whom is a self professed knowledgeble cigar smoker and he comes up with that crap!

This fine lady asked me many in depth questions about cigars, ie CC versus NC & the like so that she might be better able to deal with Tossers like that in the future. Most of what I told her were statistics directly related to the opinions expressed here on Puff. I really wished I had been the servant attending him that day, it would have been a blast! ROTFLMAO.
    LOL - That guy was an expert! Of course that is a self serving answer coming from a Torano!