Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

The lets BS while smoking banter.

This is a discussion on The lets BS while smoking banter. within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by Cigary Hells bells Scott....I've been on the back porch smoking my brains out while you were out ...

Re: The lets BS while smoking banter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
    Hells bells Scott....I've been on the back porch smoking my brains out while you were out on yours...had I known we could have broke bread and cigars. We all need to get together for a virtual herf...did that all last summer with some other peeps and it's very easy to do. See below!

Skype can be used..ToxBox as well. All you need is microphone and camera...I think they still sell em for less than $20 at WallyMart...download either of these programs...very easy to do and if an old geezer like me can do it any of you younuns can.
    I was going to call you too but even though you can figure out all this shit on your computer, you can't tell the difference between red and green buttons on your cell I called you three times last time leaving the restaurant and all I heard was muttering and japanese **** in the background. Jeeeeeeez.

No longer a community member.

Skype can be used..ToxBox as well. All you need is microphone and camera...I think they still sell em for less than $20 at WallyMart...download either of these programs...very easy to do and if an old geezer like me can do it any of you younuns can.

Can someone tell us (me ) how to do this and we can set a date and time and go for it, I have camera and mic in my laptop.

Thanks

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish CaptainJeebes's Avatar

sam.dobbins is my skype

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    I was going to call you too but even though you can figure out all this shit on your computer, you can't tell the difference between red and green buttons on your cell I called you three times last time leaving the restaurant and all I heard was muttering and japanese **** in the background. Jeeeeeeez.
    ROFL....you know how much I use my phone? In the last 5 months I've used maybe,,,maybe 15 minutes and those calls were to let the wifey know I'm not at a strip club spending her retirement money...even though she finds a ton of dollar bills in my pockets while doing laundry. ( I'm kidding...I dont even know where any strip clubs are here in the sticks where I live )

I have an unlimited phone call/date thru AT&T as the wife retired from them a few years back...I get all of these free benefits and don't even use em...free minutes, home,long distance,data, free phone...I can get the new IPHONE but I don't want to go back to college to take a course on how to use it.

My phone sits on my chest of drawers and I only use it when I am on trips or when I set up consulting appointments and then it goes back on the chest. Too many years of business and being tied to phones and pagers ( yes, pagers as that dates me ) and hating both of them. Being retired makes me think like a cave man...roll the rock open,,take a cigar break go back inside and roll the rock closed.

This weekend is a holiday but we could start after the Holidays and just make Friday or Sat. Virtual Herf Days.

Dave....just go to Skype and download their program...it's very easy and Tokbox is just as easy. Either program works well.

Here are some things to know:

Use a microphone and not the one some computers have that are already installed...it results in too much feedback and causes unneeded buffering or lagging. WallyMart has the combo mic and camera which work great.

If you don't have a camera you can still use the mic and be a part of the virtual herf as well..we just can't see that pretty face of yours or what you might be doing sitting there in your pretty pink jammies with the feet slippers....or sitting there in your striped bermuda shorts and flippy floppies drinking a fruity beverage.

My Skype name is Cigary43
    Last edited by Cigary; 07-03-2010 at 12:13 PM.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJeebes View Post
    sam.dobbins is my skype
    Tried to find you on Skype...are you the same guy from Estonia? lol

Only one person with Sam.Dobbins came up and he's from another country unless that is you.

We need to make a list of brothers who want to link up on Skype and use their ID:

Mine is Cigary43
    Add yours under mine.

No longer a community member.

Tried to find you on Skype...are you the same guy from Estonia? lol

Only one person with Sam.Dobbins came up and he's from another country unless that is you.

We need to make a list of brothers who want to link up on Skype and use their ID:

Mine is Cigary43
    Add yours under mine.
    That's all I came up with too Sam?

smelvis2 here Bellevue, WA

Got you in my contacts now Dave. Skype is good with calling landlines or just using it to talk iin real time...so we dont have to go thru AOL in order to use Skype.

Ah shit, now I gotta get Skype?

Ah shit, now I gotta get Skype?
    Lol,,,takes 2 or 3 minutes to D/L. If I can do it anybody can. You can do it while you are having a cigar.

Anyone about to light up? I was going to take the laptop out back and have a cigar but it's 11:15 here and I think it would be more enticing if I had some folks to BS with. Who's getting ready for a cigar?

Well this went over like a fart in church.
    Last edited by Scott W.; 07-23-2010 at 12:48 AM.

Maturing Puffer Fish Tubesaddict's Avatar

Thought you might want to check out this thread if you haven't seen it

How to eherf/members list

Too advanced for me.

Too advanced for me.
    Non sense Scott. We'll walk you through it.

We should put out one of those "alerts" a few days before when we're available to herf and smoke. Scott...you're more sophisticated than I am as far as getting set up to E herf. If this old bastid can do it you whippersnappers can.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3