Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Family member took money......FML

This is a discussion on Family member took money......FML within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; So, I had placed a few online orders this past week, as always. I had a power outage yesterday and ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish CopGTP's Avatar

Family member took money......FML

So, I had placed a few online orders this past week, as always. I had a power outage yesterday and earlier today I was finally able to get my email. Well I find out my transactions have been declined! So I thought maybe I screwed up, nope, checked into it to see that my playpall is frozen, my checking account was wiped out, and two of my CC's listed with PP are maxed. Looking into it even farther, everything purchased was shipped to my fathers house, where my brother who is a drug addict lives.

So now I know what happened, he hacked my PP and cleaned me out, I could press charged, but he's my own blood. I'm torn................

Just had to vent a little.
    PPD: Cigar Bombing Task Force

Removed per request

Re: Family member took money......FML

i feel your pain,don't ever expect to see it paid back.
    my so called family owes me 40k!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Benaj85's Avatar

That sucks man! There is no good resolution to that problem.
    Not much lower than ripping off family!

Damn!

That Bites!

Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Ridiculous,,,being a family member is not a license to steal... give him 30 days to repay it or you report the prick.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

No longer a community member.

I hate to say this Jason, My niece is a addicted meth head and though she may be on the right path now?

Anyway tough love and hitting bottom is maybe I say maybe what he needs. Often times not making them pay the piper is enabling then, I would look (as hard as it is) into pressing charges and make him pay.

I say this not out of being a hard ass but as someone who KNOWS firsthand that hitting botton is their only hope for help. I had to hit bottom myself!!!

Sorry for you having to deal with it but please concider what I say for you and his sake!

Dave

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by shuckins View Post
    i feel your pain,don't ever expect to see it paid back.
    my so called family owes me 40k!
    Ron can I borrow 40 large I promise to pay you back (Brother)

OUCH!!!

I'd say beat his ass but then, it won't do any good. It may make you feal better at the time, but he could be doped up and not feal a thing; so it aint worth it. Maybe you could file a claim with PP or your CC company. You may have to file a police report to authenticate he was the one who wiped you clean.

My "mother's daughter" (that b!t@H aint my sister!) owes my mom and dad about $27K and they have a lein on thier house bc of her too with the bank because of her BS. She is and will always be on my Sh.. list.

Ya know.. sometimes you got to step over others to make your life right. Maybe he needs a lil time done to clear his system and possibly a try at rehab.

Hope things work out for the better for you

Oh crapola Jason, that sucks bigtime. Even if it's family though, this was premeditated and devious. I'd be like a few others have said, he gets taken to the cleaners or to the law. If it's happened once it's going to happen again. :-(
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Tarks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
    I hate to say this Jason, My niece is a addicted meth head and though she may be on the right path now?

Anyway tough love and hitting bottom is maybe I say maybe what he needs. Often times not making them pay the piper is enabling then, I would look (as hard as it is) into pressing charges and make him pay.

I say this not out of being a hard ass but as someone who KNOWS firsthand that hitting botton is their only hope for help. I had to hit bottom myself!!!

Sorry for you having to deal with it but please concider what I say for you and his sake!

Dave
    +1 Nothing else to add.

Absolutely no question - report him. Letting him get away with it is just enabling him, and will not help him in any way. He will say he's sorry and may sound sincere, but he'd probably do it again in a heartbeat. For a lot of addicts, rock bottom is a lot lower than the average person thinks it is. Also I would not recommend procrastinating, as the longer you wait the less chance you have of seeing your dough again.
    The world is a better place when the Buffalo Bills are winning.

Look at it this way.....

If he doesn't get help and/or stopped......... your father could be next.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smelvis View Post

Dave
    Well said Dave. You got the right message across in the best way possible as mine was a knee jerk reaction. I've seen this happen too many times with disastrous results. Letting them do this without consequences sends the wrong message...life is all about consequences and family is not a well to draw from to take advantage of.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

That sucks, bro. Honestly, as hard as it is, I'd report him and then tell the credit card companies/PP that it was fraudulent activity so you're not on the hook for the charges. They should have fraud prevention & consumer protection departments, but going through them means that you have to do it 100% by the book and that will involve the police. I believe respect is earned not deserved, family or not. He disrespected you and the fact that you are family obviously meant very little to him, so why fall on your sword?

The $ hurts a bit, but the bigger pain is undoubtably the betrayal...

It will be difficult for Jason to deliver the tough love....

but I too believe it is what is needed.

Sorry to hear that you are having to deal with it Jason.

Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast