Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What to say...

This is a discussion on What to say... within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I've been through the wringer these last few months. I finally told my family about 4 year old son, long ...

Exclamation What to say...

I've been through the wringer these last few months.

I finally told my family about 4 year old son, long story...
    I ended up on the verge of alcohol poisoning and I am now in A.A., and that's a fun ride...
    My marriage almost fell apart because of alcohol...
    I have been having lots of car trouble...again...*sigh*...including a nasty accident, and lots of repairs...$$$=Pain in the butt.
    I've been dealing with a lot of stubbornness at work...

I am so sorry that my presence has been nonexistent for so long guys, but life turned into...well, a shit-storm to put it bluntly. I just wanted to let you guys know why I haven't been on, and that I am going to try to be on more often.

I really miss being here all the time...
    You might find that smoke blown out clears your mind of shadows within.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes BKDW's Avatar

Re: What to say...

I wish you the best and hope things work out.

This seems to be a sanctuary of sorts where we can get away for a little bit and discuss our passion for the leaf.

Welcome back.

Disinterested

Hope things have turned around for you, Russ. Nice to see you back.

Man, I lost my career and most all of my friends about 8 years ago over crap like this. I finally realized I was the problem, not everyone else. Only you can get things straight. You just have to work hard at it. Keep up with the meetings and don't be afraid to call a sponsor if you need to. Life goes on with or without you, you have to move on with it. Best of luck brother. I'll send up a prayer for you.
    "I was gonna yell FORE, but I was too busy mumbling "No way that's gonna hit him"

sorry bro, good to have you back!

Thanks everyone, I'm working through it all, it's tough, but at least I know I can come here and know people have got my back. Thanks guys, it's good to be back.
    You might find that smoke blown out clears your mind of shadows within.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Hope things start to get better soon...its not impossible and finding the right people are the start. It takes time to rebuild...you didn't get into this jam in a few days and it's going to take awhile to get out. Staying involved and hanging out with the right people will get you thru this..get a good sponser and put your fingers in their belt loop and hang on. Good luck.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
    Hope things start to get better soon...its not impossible and finding the right people are the start. It takes time to rebuild...you didn't get into this jam in a few days and it's going to take awhile to get out. Staying involved and hanging out with the right people will get you thru this..get a good sponser and put your fingers in their belt loop and hang on. Good luck.
    yea....what he said

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Stogie's Avatar

Moving to Banter area. Man it sounds like you have been through a ton. It will all work out bro.

No longer a community member.

Russ
    Best wishes I have been clean and sober since 1986 pm if ya need my number always have time to help if I can, Good Luck Bro!

Russ, as a active member of AA, if you ever need anything hit me up, Be thank ful that you made it out in 1 pice alot of us die before we figure out there is a Problem, Thanks for posting

Welcome back bro. Hope things get better for you! I miss being here all the time too!
    "While smoking a cigar, we are in the presence of eternity...the smoke drifts gently heavenward on its quest to combine with the great eternal oneness." - Prince Sined Yar Maharg Love Jimmy

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by boonedoggle View Post
    Welcome back bro. Hope things get better for you! I miss being here all the time too!
    Hey Jimmy
    How you doing bro, Never got my patch bro!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

I was wondering why i hadn't seen you around. Glad to see you picked yourself up and are doing the right thing. Hang in there Bro "it works if you work it so work it your worth it" God Bless
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

I too was wondering what you were up to Russ. Wish it was something different like jetsetting about the world but hey, you are here and it looks like you took a giant leap in the right direction.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast