Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Need a little moral support...

This is a discussion on Need a little moral support... within the Puff Banter forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; You got this man keep going and keep fighting....

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Plop007's Avatar

Re: Need a little moral support...

You got this man keep going and keep fighting.

Puffer With No Spikes shannensmall's Avatar

You ceen dooo eeeet!

Keep up the good work bro!
    A lack of preparation on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part.

You can do it my friend, I quit too cuz it cost so much, But i started chewing, but im down to 2 cans a week that is like 7 bucks a week instead of 70

Puffer Fish with many spikes ninjaturtlenerd's Avatar

Gratz man! Keep up the good work

Its been over a week!
    I am fealing better and things are tasting alot better.

Thanks again for the the encouraging words!!

Leading Puffer Fish

Congratulations Shawn! At this point, you pretty much have it. When I quit in April, the first week killed me. By the end of week 2, I started to forget the weeks. almost 4.5 months off of them now that I think about it.

Keep it up, and you'll soon wonder what the hell you were thinking smoking those things

Quote Originally Posted by thebayratt View Post
    Its been over a week!
    I am fealing better and things are tasting alot better.

Thanks again for the the encouraging words!!

You are my hero bro. I am failing miserably. I have some gum on the way maybe that will help me along.

Keep this up man. Great motivation
    "I was gonna yell FORE, but I was too busy mumbling "No way that's gonna hit him"

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Plop007's Avatar

Nice man a week down and many more to come.

You got this keep going

No longer a community member.

Great Job Shawn! WTG Brother!

Full grown Puffer Fish Team Fuente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thebayratt View Post
    Here is the skinny:

I started smoking cigarettes when I was 12. Yes, 12 (no typo, twelve). I had smoked till I was 23/24, quit for a year, then started back up a pack a day or more at times, and finally quit when I was 26. Just stopped buying them! That seemed to be the easiet reason for me, don't buy another cigarette.
    Well, about 7 months ago, I came to work after a short vacation....... to find the job in shambles, litterally messed up! I litterally almost lost my job, religon, and a few friends over it (ranting n raving). I was shaking I was so pissed!! Well I stopped, got a pack of cigarettes and haven't put them down since.

Well, I haven't had a cigarette in three days (since wednesday). I'm doing good, but am trying not to think about the cravings.....

I have good reasons to quit.
    * $5/pk 3pks/week = too damn much money
    * My health, my fiance's and my unborn child's health (don't smoke around her at all though, she knows, but don't smoke near her)
    * Need to save money.

I am going to IPCPR this week with my friends, who will help me keep my mind off the nasty things, so this week will be a proving point to myself to show that I can break this bad habit.

Any words of wisdom, thoughts, ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    1) dont go to the E-cig your better than that
    2) try chewing gum it may help
    3) move to phx where cigs are almost 7.50 a pack that alone should do it
    4) kudos to you for trying brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Team Fuente View Post
    1) dont go to the E-cig your better than that. I had some fool try to sell me a set of those @ IPCPR.... I almost lost my religion on him right then and there... luckily I had a good cigar in hand.
    2) try chewing gum it may help That or just eat alot.. i need to gain weight also!
    3) move to phx where cigs are almost 7.50 a pack that alone should do it OUCH!!!! I though $5 a pack was steep!!!
    4) kudos to you for trying brother! Thanks man!!
    Im getting less and less cravings for cigarettes now and eating alot more and just plain flat out feal better!!!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

Hang in there! I chewed Copenhagen and Skoal for 18 years before quitting 3 years ago. Nicotine gum and Polar Ice gum helped a lot. If you've gone 5 days without it gets easier.
    The Polar Ice gum helped me more than the nicotine gum did.

Fantastic job Sir!

Not Here

3 packs a week? Damn bro, I smoke 3 packs a day.

I have been smoking for about 32 years now. I do need to quit and I do think about it. Then I will go to the Dr. and when he does the x-rays he tells me I am lying about smoking. Says my lungs look as good as a person my age who has never smoked a cigarette. Probably be easier to quit if he said they looked terrible and I am killing myself.

One of these days I will do it and when I do it will be cold turkey. I have quit many unsavory habits that way and I feel that it is the best way to truly quit anything.

Good luck to you Shawn. I am proud of you my friend.
    BIA!!!

Shawn, I wish you the best of luck. You may want to pick up some tooth pics. I use the tea tree mint chewing sticks and that has replaced smoking for me. I quit 2 years ago using chantix, but with you already smoke free for 3 days, it should start to get easier. Keep your chin up bud.

Working on three weeks now!!

I have been eating like no other (it maybe the babu on the way too) but I think Im gaining a little weight. Food is tasting better, my cigars are easier to pick out flavors... life is getting better!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast